Why do Aussies give Aboriginal Aussies a hard time? (1 Viewer)

When will an Aboriginal Australian become Prime Minister of Australia?

• 0-5 YEARS

Votes: 4 1.6%
  • 5-10 YEARS

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • 10-15 YEARS

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • 15-20 YEARS

Votes: 18 7.3%
  • 20-25 YEARS +

Votes: 64 26.1%
  • NEVER

Votes: 142 58.0%

• Total voters

КГБ

Banned
HSC
I can see an Aboriginal becoming PM long before a Muslim ever will. And they have next to no chance. Not in our lifetimes unless a drastic change of perception occurs.
if a politician stands as a "Muslim" candidate of course he will not win. however, if he stands inline with his party and offers the people what they need, then a Muslim has just as much chances as a Chinese or a indian.

however, he wont be lebo.

CIV1501

Banned
HSC
lets be srs.

most of the people in the bigger cities like myself grow up never meeting an aboriginal in their lives. if i remember correctly, the first time i met an aboriginal was when i was walking from Victoria park at USYD to redfern station. there were a few homeless aboriginals around and i gave them some money. what more can i do?

90% of Australians grow up viewing aboriginals as the stereotype associated to them. poor, cheap, petrol sniffers, paint sniffers, and abo bogan etc etc. lets face it, most aboriginals are like that.

but is it my problem? no. is it Katie's problem?no. its up to the aboriginal Australians to get up for themselves and help close the gap between them and the rest of mainland australia. that's the best way to fight for injustice (if you feel there is injustice). no1 is going to fight for you, im certainly not unless it directly effects me. until aboriginals let go of the ever so "white man took over dream time" or whatever the fuck the majority of Australians will just snob you.

oh, when i went to paki, they thought abos were sub human. pakis feel that the British intervention truly liberated and brought abos to civilization. but meh, pakis/indian have a inferior complex to the white man.

lol its fucking my problem when they rip windscreen wipers off my car and smash windows and shit lol.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
if a politician stands as a "Muslim" candidate of course he will not win. however, if he stands inline with his party and offers the people what they need, then a Muslim has just as much chances as a Chinese or a indian.

however, he wont be lebo.
Theoretically yes but I assume their religion will be targeted by the media and it will be revealed eventually. Australians rightly or wrongly will not vote in a Muslim leader in our lifetime.

КГБ

Banned
HSC
Theoretically yes but I assume their religion will be targeted by the media and it will be revealed eventually. Australians rightly or wrongly will not vote in a Muslim leader in our lifetime.
im not saying that he/she should hide their religion.

but i agree with your last statement, not in our lifetime.

*fucking osama bin laden. ruined 1.3 billion lives that mofo*

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Indigenous Australians aren't the only Australian's to face discrimination. Countless refugees arrive with very little and determined by their own desire to succeed and become a part of the "New Australia" they study, they work and over time they eventually integrate.

The Australia you refer to seems like the "Old Australia" even in the way you separate the "Aussies" and "Aboriginal Aussies".

I voted Never on this poll because, like the US, we are more likey to get a Vietnamese or similar Prime Minister who, like Obama's famiy, has arrived in Australia to better their lives.

Aboriginal/Kenyan American are not the same. Wait for a Native American Indian President before you suggest or evenn ponder the idea of Australia having an Aboriginal PM.

kitty99

HSC
I had to learn about aboriginals all through highschool and the shit the abbo's in my school give me for being asian is just really unnecessary. I'm going somewhere. I'm trying. And they're giving me shit for it.

Also, its rascist that the school has made a room specifiaclly for aboriginal students to hang out in, complete with computers, phone, couches and a fridge. There's a dance group they get paid if they participate. And I don't go to a school full of them. They just hang out in big groups, and the majority of them don't even look aboriginal; they're 1/3 or less so they just claim the benefits. (but of course there are ones that look 100%)

I am not a rascist person. I love different cultures and races. But seriously, no aboriginal has even tried to go up for school captain even. Everybody's scared of them, so nobody's holding them back. So why should I feel sorry for them?

All other cultures built some kind of stable house. Are these people the only ones that havn't? And we're also told that the aboriginals are beleived to be at least 200 000 years old. When brittain arrived in New Zealand they couldn't claim Terranalius because the Maori's had towns and their laws written down. The Aboriginals just passed theirs through word of mouth. What the shit?! Pretty much every country has been invaded. Get the FUCK over it. Without white people, you wouldn't have houses.

God now I'm angry.

This is what years of bullying does to a usually nice and happy little girl. :(

cxlxoxk

HSC
I had to learn about aboriginals all through highschool and the shit the abbo's in my school give me for being asian is just really unnecessary. I'm going somewhere. I'm trying. And they're giving me shit for it.

Also, its rascist that the school has made a room specifiaclly for aboriginal students to hang out in, complete with computers, phone, couches and a fridge. There's a dance group they get paid if they participate. And I don't go to a school full of them. They just hang out in big groups, and the majority of them don't even look aboriginal; they're 1/3 or less so they just claim the benefits. (but of course there are ones that look 100%)

I am not a rascist person. I love different cultures and races. But seriously, no aboriginal has even tried to go up for school captain even. Everybody's scared of them, so nobody's holding them back. So why should I feel sorry for them?

All other cultures built some kind of stable house. Are these people the only ones that havn't? And we're also told that the aboriginals are beleived to be at least 200 000 years old. When brittain arrived in New Zealand they couldn't claim Terranalius because the Maori's had towns and their laws written down. The Aboriginals just passed theirs through word of mouth. What the shit?! Pretty much every country has been invaded. Get the FUCK over it. Without white people, you wouldn't have houses.

God now I'm angry.

This is what years of bullying does to a usually nice and happy little girl. :(
The British had no right to claim TERRA NULLIUS here in Australia because THEY DIDN'T OWN LAND, the LAND OWNED THEM/THE LAND IS THE OWNER, THEY ARE THE PROPERTY OF THE LAND. So much for your knowledge of Aboriginal culture...

They moved around a lot. Their lifestyle meant that houses weren't a viable option! It should be no suprise to you that they didn't have houses, and it wasn't a bad thing to not have a house in their culture, it only is in ours and any other way of life that revolves around a permanent settlement/residence.

Last edited:

Kirsty Xx

That's the price we pay
HSC
I really need to get SMS alerts when threads like these pop up.

You answered all of your questions with the second line. As long as Aboriginals continue with a "them and us" mentality, (i.e. referring to a police officer as "us"), we'll never feel the need to include you.

As soon as Aboriginals start taking accountability for their own actions, instead of blaming "us".

An Aborigine will never be Prime Minister. So long as Australian of the Year Aboriginals refer to Australia Day as "invasion day". Give us somebody worth voting for, somebody who won't milk the race card.

Mostly, stop drinking metho/sniffing glue/stealing shit/whinging all the time, and you might be looked upon as people and not buffoons.

My high school was situated between Namijura (Nama), a government housing district for Aboriginal people - that land is filth, with no respect given for what has been provided for them - and on the other side, is a town called Dareton and this place is overun by Aboriginals. My school used to boast about it's 'proud' Aboriginal population. That is, if they ever decided to come to school. I've been to school with them and grown up with them; I know what they're like. What a waste of fucking space (although I will add there are those that are better than their "cousins"). For those who say they've rarely met or seen an Aboriginal (in a city) well ain't you lucky. Seriously. It's a shame that the Aboriginals in the society where I went to school (both primary and secondary) give such a bad reputation to others. My school gave the Aboriginal students so much, attempting to help them but it was practially thrown back in the schools face. I mean, on our flag pole we had the Australian flag, the NSW flag and the Aboriginal flag. C'mon.

Last edited:

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
The British had no right to claim TERRA NULLIUS here in Australia because THEY DIDN'T OWN LAND, the LAND OWNED THEM/THE LAND IS THE OWNER, THEY ARE THE PROPERTY OF THE LAND. So much for your knowledge of Aboriginal culture...

They moved around a lot. Their lifestyle meant that houses weren't a viable option! It should be no suprise to you that they didn't have houses, and it wasn't a bad thing to not have a house in their culture, it only is in ours and any other way of life that revolves around a permanent settlement/residence.
Nobody owned the land. The abos "inhabited" it, but they didn't lay claim to it. They were dumb dumb enough not to have a sense of ownership, or a legal system that extended beyond spearing each other in the thigh.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC

cxlxoxk

HSC
Nobody owned the land. The abos "inhabited" it, but they didn't lay claim to it. They were dumb dumb enough not to have a sense of ownership, or a legal system that extended beyond spearing each other in the thigh.
The the west in the middle ages had a legal system consisted of hanging, decapitation, *tieing someone to a woooden stake, with hay around it, then lighting the hay on fire, burning the person on the stake to death*.

What about at the time of 1788, people charged with a crime were sentenced to go away on a ship to the unknown (little was known about Australia at the time).

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
look, its because rangas are a dying breed and we need something to make fun of.

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Noel Pearson would make a great leader

Appointed GG/President is more likely. Rudd's final legacy?
Pearson for President. President, like in the Indian system. Just the sort of symbolic thing Rudd would do.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
The the west in the middle ages had a legal system consisted of hanging, decapitation, *tieing someone to a woooden stake, with hay around it, then lighting the hay on fire, burning the person on the stake to death*.

What about at the time of 1788, people charged with a crime were sentenced to go away on a ship to the unknown (little was known about Australia at the time).
They were punishments. I suggest you go and have a read about how developed laws in England were, as far back as the 1400s even. Sure, they were half retarded back then too. But you may be suprised to see how much of our common law is based on laws that predate the colonisation of Australia.

At least we had trials and juries. I'm fairly sure these speds just stabbed each other.

cxlxoxk

HSC
They were punishments. I suggest you go and have a read about how developed laws in England were, as far back as the 1400s even. Sure, they were half retarded back then too. But you may be suprised to see how much of our common law is based on laws that predate the colonisation of Australia.

At least we had trials and juries. I'm fairly sure these speds just stabbed each other.
So you are saying they (aborigines) had no concept of innocence?

edit:

Innocence? Guilt? In relation to a crime.

Uhhhh are you forgetting all the wars that Europe had...war and fighting has existed ever since man knew to clench a fist...FOR EVERYONE

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)