• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Why do you call yourself an Agnostic? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

heybraham

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
I just thought i'd start this thread to comment on something that's bugged me on this forum for quite some time... people whom are atheists, calling themselves agnostics.

Now usually these people do not believe in a diety, but due to acknowledging that 'nothing is impossible', they refuse to call themselves atheists. Personally I believe this is wrong and people are categorising themselves in a deceptive way..

For example, most people would say they believe in flight, despite the possibility that it does not exist. Most people would categorise themselves as males, despite the possibility that they may be female...

I think when it comes to such categorisations of belief, the tiny possibility that your belief is wrong should not mean that you place yourself as having a neutral belief.

Agnostics in my opinion, are people whom are not sure if there is a diety or not... They do not have the miniscule doubt of 'nothing is impossible', but much more significant doubts.

Atheists in my opinion, are people whom are sure... as sure as they are sure that they are male/female, that there is no God.

What say you, forum?
athiests are like totally the epitomy of cool. actually...no sorry, i can't continue this sarcasm, it just doesn't feel right.

get a life. stop wasting your life posting about athiesm; it's as nihilistic as terrorism. all you do is promote 'nothing'...if tried to look for an antonym for 'inspiration', the closest entry is probably athiesm. feel proud.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
googooloo said:
Have you heard the Qur'an read out in it's arabic form, in it's complete form, and then looked at it's english translation, it is more perfect in arabic. But even the Al-Furqan impostor qur'an in english doesn't sound like the real qur'an.

Go to that site:

http://chamyouth.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=556&sid=c1326eb7a3477fb6d618bfc60d1a679f

and this one:

http://http://www.islam-exposed.org/furqan/contents.html

and this one:

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~stwright/rel/islam/Quran.html

and compare the real qur'an to this fake one and you will see what I mean.
The True Furqan speaks of trinity, that dicrose sin't allowed, and has 77 surahs, where the real qur'an has 114. It is completely wrong.
it would be helpful if all yuor links worked.

oh and that last site is BULLSHIT, why? i dont have to say why , same reason you give me, for any source i find my material from.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
heybraham said:
athiests are like totally the epitomy of cool. actually...no sorry, i can't continue this sarcasm, it just doesn't feel right.

get a life. stop wasting your life posting about athiesm; it's as nihilistic as terrorism. all you do is promote 'nothing'...if tried to look for an antonym for 'inspiration', the closest entry is probably athiesm. feel proud.
wow man , who the fuck are you. thiests are so happy, they like live their life by some book, i dont know how anyone else can survive without following a book. i cant think or reason without reading a few verses.
if your interested in some fiction become religious man, and be happy, becuase we athiests are so sad .... boo hoo hoo, i dont know how we keep living as each day passes. i am so lost i have no direction in life :rolleyes:

googooloo

HSC
MoonlightSonata said:
How enlightening. But having glanced at bits and pieces from the translation, I can confidently say that Mr John Keats far surpasses whomever wrote that book. As for Shakespeare, don't even get me started.

I kind of like your philosophy though, worshipping people for being good writers. I think then that it is unquestionably the case that we were all brought into being by the quill of the almighty Will, he who is master of language, he who will singe your eyebrows off with acerbic wit, and he who is divinely blessed with a receding hairline.

Praise the lord!
You're not understanding what I am trying to explain. It is not just a poet who can do such a thing, they wouldn't be able to do it not if they were given eternity to do so. Can Keats or Shakespeare do sucha thign in a language as arabic. As has been said before no they couldn't, not even the best arabic poets and scholars could do such a thing (and they have tried, oh trust me they've tried!)

Do you understand what I mean though? Did you look at both the qur'ans and see how I eman even english translation is completely different. Did you even look? If not then do not dis uss if the Qur'an is real or not untill then!

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
googooloo said:
You're not understanding what I am trying to explain. It is not just a poet who can do such a thing, they wouldn't be able to do it not if they were given eternity to do so. Can Keats or Shakespeare do sucha thign in a language as arabic. As has been said before no they couldn't, not even the best arabic poets and scholars could do such a thing (and they have tried, oh trust me they've tried!)

Do you understand what I mean though? Did you look at both the qur'ans and see how I eman even english translation is completely different. Did you even look? If not then do not dis uss if the Qur'an is real or not untill then!
yuor links dont work for one, did u even look at my post did you even look.

and explain to be how they are not able to be rewritten. instread of repeating that they are not able to be replicated, explain in yuor own words why

googooloo

HSC
SashatheMan said:
it would be helpful if all yuor links worked.

oh and that last site is BULLSHIT, why? i dont have to say why , same reason you give me, for any source i find my material from.
I did hte links the way the computer said. If it doesn't work when you click then put copy and place it in the url thing and it should work. You musn't be trying hard enough to understnad my side of the debate, then there is no need for a debate on the matter. And my last link is to the qur'an, and you call it bullshit? I don't call your links bullshit. You aren't even trying to understand are you?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
oh and can anyone replicate shakespears romeo and juliet? i bet noone can , not in a millino years.

he must be a god

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
googooloo said:
I did hte links the way the computer said. If it doesn't work when you click then put copy and place it in the url thing and it should work. You musn't be trying hard enough to understnad my side of the debate, then there is no need for a debate on the matter. And my last link is to the qur'an, and you call it bullshit? I don't call your links bullshit. You aren't even trying to understand are you?
you havint yet said my links are bullshit, but every muslim on this site so far , just sais "bullshit" or "its from a islam hating site" everytime i post sometihng staright out of the quran.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
SashatheMan said:
oh and can anyone replicate shakespears romeo and juliet? i bet noone can , not in a millino years.

he must be a god
well, my friend, i guess you dont know that shakespeare got that from "romeus and julietus" or something like that. i think it was a greek love story. (i know i know! that isnt the right name, but it is similar. should i ask my ex english teacher? if there's one thing he knows, it is shakespeare.)

have i said ur links are bullshit? i dont remember, but a few other stuff that arent quranic verses are from anti islamic websites, i remember that.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
veterandoggy said:
well, my friend, i guess you dont know that shakespeare got that from "romeus and julietus" or something like that. i think it was a greek love story. (i know i know! that isnt the right name, but it is similar. should i ask my ex english teacher? if there's one thing he knows, it is shakespeare.)

have i said ur links are bullshit? i dont remember, but a few other stuff that arent quranic verses are from anti islamic websites, i remember that.
shakespear wrote in his own style, that noone can replicate. not even in a million years.

googooloo

HSC
SashatheMan said:
you havint yet said my links are bullshit, but every muslim on this site so far , just sais "bullshit" or "its from a islam hating site" everytime i post sometihng staright out of the quran.
But you don't always paste in stuff straight form the qur'an and if you do you take it out of context. This still doesn't answer my question wether you read the stuff and are really trying to understand the religion and if you see how the false qur'an is clearly false. Are you afraid that the qur'an is true? That what I am saying is true? Discuss what we're discussing! Get to the point!

googooloo

HSC
SashatheMan said:
shakespear wrote in his own style, that noone can replicate. not even in a million years.
That's why we learnt about the Shakespearean form adn where told to right it as practise in school. I know I did it prefect, not in ye-old english but in modern english (not slang), but if you study elizabethan english I am sure it is possible.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
heybraham said:

What are you talking about dumbarse? This was me trying to discuss something with people of a fairly similar world-view, i was not attacking theists.

googooloo

HSC
From the shining green limbs of two tall trees
Fronds drop silently in the early night
Upon cold beds of wet, molient leaves
Unlike the one we shared when Heaven sighed.
None can claim to see the soul of the grain
When all of dream is life and life a dream
That drives me wearing Autumn's fall again.
For, then, the whole world lived inside, it seemed.
And though the room was small, the hall too wide,
We ran short-breathed, on tiptoed feet we danced
Where Time's lonesome quiver once more abides
And, as I write, resumes her awful stance,
Renewing heartbeat's every measured kiss
Lest, unspent, all should be forgetfulness.

Is this Shakespearean or not?

googooloo

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
What are you talking about dumbarse? This was me trying to discuss something with people of a fairly similar world-view, i was not attacking theists.
You shouldn't say dumbarse, it only makes you look foolsih...so does all kinds of swearing

googooloo

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
How does swearing make me sound foolish?
it makes you cheap, meaning you don't have to resort to such words. Control your anger and you can prpapre a sophiscated arguement, that's all. Swearing cheapens the comments you make.

This is constructive criticism.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
googooloo said:
Have you heard the Qur'an read out in it's arabic form, in it's complete form, and then looked at it's english translation, it is more perfect in arabic. But even the Al-Furqan impostor qur'an in english doesn't sound like the real qur'an.

Go to that site:

http://chamyouth.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=556&sid=c1326eb7a3477fb6d618bfc60d1a679f

and this one:

http://http://www.islam-exposed.org/furqan/contents.html

and this one:

http://www.wam.umd.edu/~stwright/rel/islam/Quran.html

and compare the real qur'an to this fake one and you will see what I mean.
The True Furqan speaks of trinity, that dicrose sin't allowed, and has 77 surahs, where the real qur'an has 114. It is completely wrong.
But if you changed even one note in the stairway to heaven solo you'd know something was wrong, and in my eyes it is an absolutely perfect piece of guitar work. Does this mean Jimmy Page is God?

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
googooloo said:
That's why we learnt about the Shakespearean form adn where told to right it as practise in school. I know I did it prefect, not in ye-old english but in modern english (not slang), but if you study elizabethan english I am sure it is possible.

your such a fuking liar. what do u mean you did it perfectly. copy a sentence of shakespear? well ican copy and paste a verse from the quran , then use a thesaurus and change some words and say i did the quran perfectly. its not in arabic , but i am sure that if i knew arabic i can do the same.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
googooloo said:
it makes you cheap, meaning you don't have to resort to such words. Control your anger and you can prpapre a sophiscated arguement, that's all. Swearing cheapens the comments you make.

This is constructive criticism.
Ok, Incase you didn't read it... this is what he said...

him said:

He was quite obviously just hurling an insult at me, so I hurled one back. There's no argument there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)