Why does my laptop's battery only last for 3.5 minutes? And how should I fix it? (3 Viewers)

Boxes

Banned
HSC
Don't know the scientifics of it, but it has worked for my laptop batteries before. Not saying it will completely fix it, but you might get more than 5 mins worth. It's worth a shot.
meh, why not. i'll try tonight. i'll let you know what happens.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

world
HSC
So I pull my lappy out of charge, and 3.5 minutes later, it's warning me that I'm running low on battery.

Do I need to buy a new battery? Or can I fix this problem.

thanks guys.

xx
Buy a new battery. This sort of problem doesn't happen as much with the new Lithium ones, but that doesn't help you much since your new battery would have to be the same type as the old one I imagine.

Woteva636

HSC
If its going to cost you $150 to buy a new battery, and you dont need the portability offered by a laptop now, you would be better to save for a while then buy yourself a new computer, complete with battery which, if it doesnt work as advertised, will at least be under warrenty

dp624

HSC
If its going to cost you $150 to buy a new battery, and you dont need the portability offered by a laptop now, you would be better to save for a while then buy yourself a new computer, complete with battery which, if it doesnt work as advertised, will at least be under warrenty
this imo

i dno why the batt's acting up like that xS

Boxes

Banned
HSC
hahaha, after placing my battery in the fridge as whatashotbyseve suggested, it's now become paralysed, i.e. it doesn't charge anymore.

lol.

dp624

HSC
oh snap
maybe condensation happened?
probably it's just a desktop now
or get a new batt

Boxes

Banned
HSC
oh snap
maybe condensation happened?
probably it's just a desktop now
or get a new batt
yeah, i'm using it now just as a desktop.

and i'll probably buy a new battery later. i don't REALLY need my laptop to be portable.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
hahaha, after placing my battery in the fridge as whatashotbyseve suggested, it's now become paralysed, i.e. it doesn't charge anymore.

lol.
Haha sorry man. It's worked for my (Mac) battery before. Should I go into hiding?

My old HP's battery died (whilst under warranty) and I used mine as a desktop for about 4 months while I waited for their wonderful customer service to ship me a new one. It's not as bad as it sounds.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
Haha sorry man. It's worked for my (Mac) battery before. Should I go into hiding?

My old HP's battery died (whilst under warranty) and I used mine as a desktop for about 4 months while I waited for their wonderful customer service to ship me a new one. It's not as bad as it sounds.
Hahaha, nah man, I don't really care, it was dead from the beginning.

I might call HP tomorrow and try to convince them to send me a new battery.

Jottie

HSC
Lol after 5 years of a 10 minute battery life, I chucked my shit toshiba laptop to mum and bought a Mac :haha:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A

lol.
lol, I cant beleive you actually did that!

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
about 1-1.5 years.
i've had mine for 2 years and when i first got it it could last for 4 hours :)

nowadays it can only hold a charge for 2 hours and 30 minutes max...with the settings to the lowest display brightness and everything...but otherwise it would be 1 hour and 45 minutes if i wanted to use my laptop comfortably...

but gosh my laptop is older than yours and it can still hold a charge of 2 hours approx...
gee
you definitely need a new battery for your laptop..:)

I use my laptop as a desktop most of the time...soo i probably killed my battery's life if what someone said earlier was true about it being bad to overcharge your battery..when it isn't necessary... :( :( :(

if that's the case i want a new battery as well.

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
Ring up the company and ask for an inspection if it's still in warranty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)