Why is everyone going to UNSW? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nutcracker

the restaurant at the end of the universe.
HSC
Also, OP, it is quite possible the ATAR at UNSW will overtake USyd, particularly as this year (and I believe it is the first year they have done so) they are accepting applicants with bonus points under the elite athletes and performers scheme.
actually, they have been accepting applicants with those bonus points for a while now. i was told at the unsw info day that last year, 28% of the people accepted into unsw law were elite athletes/eas applicants/people who got that recommendation from their school (i think it's called AAA? idk).

but i highly doubt unsw will overtake usyd in terms of atar. i mean yes, they were pretty close last year, but it's never happened before [at least i don't remember it happening?] and i think usyd's prestige will continue to trump unsw's for a while to come.

I just have a really big conception of USyd being full of elitist pretentious assholes.
haha yeah, i had that same impression of it ><. it was weighing on my mind so much that when i went to usyd, my dad actually made me ask one of the law students whether that was the case there ><. he replied that both unis are elitist, but it's not like people go walking around all arrogant with their noses in the air haha. i chose unsw law over usyd though, for other reasons, but i can't help thinking that unconsciously, that idea played some part in my decision ><".

F

fuckit1991

Yeah, when I was standing around doing nothing - none of the student helpers went up to me, or anyone else and said 'Hi, how are you?' and did something along that line. They stayed in their little booth in the middle of the Quadrangle and chatted to each other.

At UNSW, their student helpers went around and talked to me and it happened to me twice. I was very impressed.
LOL you're such a fucking noob. The Good University guide is determining where you go to uni? LMAO, what a failure!

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
^ Looks like someone can't read.

Great quote which has absolutely nothing to do with the Good Uni Guide...?

F

fuckit1991

^ Looks like someone can't read.

Great quote which has absolutely nothing to do with the Good Uni Guide...?
Dude, I can read. I read your previous posts. You're still a noob. Don't try to be a smartass. Maybe you should consult a guide before posting as well.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Dude, I can read. I read your previous posts. You're still a noob. Don't try to be a smartass. Maybe you should consult a guide before posting as well.
You can read? Doesn't look like it.

I think you need to be the one to consult a guide - especially the section on where you learn how to quote properly. One from two isn't good enough.

F

fuckit1991

You can read? Doesn't look like it.

I think you need to be the one to consult a guide - especially the section on where you learn how to quote properly. One from two isn't good enough.
LOL I ain't a shithead like you who reads guides to decide where to go uni. You keep scores for quotes? Man, you just keep out-shitting yourself even.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
It's called making a more informed decision.

Perhaps you should consider making more of them when choosing language because really, you're sounding like a butt-hurt bogan trying to enlarge his e-peen.

F

fuckit1991

It's called making a more informed decision.

Perhaps you should consider making more of them when choosing language because really, you're sounding like a butt-hurt bogan trying to enlarge his e-peen.
I'm not even bogan you tool. Go back to drooling over the cover girl of the guide.

Sammy2011

HSC
I think the personal attacks need to calm down a little. Everyone can decide on which Uni they will attend in their own way.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, if you're not a bogan - why do you sound like one? Just a thought. It's something I learned in English Extension 1: discourse analysis. That is, the way you talk defines your identity.

And oh okay Sammy... why are women such good mediators?

F

fuckit1991

Well, if you're not a bogan - why do you sound like one? Just a thought. It's something I learned in English Extension 1: discourse analysis. That is, the way you talk defines your identity.

And oh okay Sammy... why are women such good mediators?
Dude, no need to show off about doing Extension 1 English. I got 99.95 for my ATAR but I don't use that to boost my arguments. Oops, wait I just did ( pulled a Shadowdude). You're embarrassing yourself now. Just stop

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
And I totally believe you got 99.95.

Besides, I was talking about discourse analysis in the context of what I learned. Was I showing off? You sir, are the one that is showing off. That is: "derp derp i got 99.95 for my atar derp derp".

FreeWorld

HSC
Google top unis' in aus and around the world, ANU beats all, followed by sydney and melbourne. Unsw aint close so I don't know what you're on about kid.

F

fuckit1991

And I totally believe you got 99.95.

Besides, I was talking about discourse analysis in the context of what I learned. Was I showing off? You sir, are the one that is showing off. That is: "derp derp i got 99.95 for my atar derp derp".
Lol, now you're backtracking you little weasel. Giving something context doesn't mean there isn't another purpose for its inclusion, you idiot. And wtf is with the derp derp? Go ingest some rat posion you piece of shit.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
FreeWorld, those top uni rankings rank universities on things like research output or how many scholars from that university have gone on to be recognised for something. I don't see how these rankings have anything to do with undergraduate study at all. The GUG ranks universities on things that matter to undergrad students like teaching quality, overall satisfaction, graduate salaries, positive graduate outcomes, etc.

iSplicer, if people were thinking that - then they too have a very selective memory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)