Why tears are wasted on HSC results (1 Viewer)

halapenyo

HSC
this thread has completely spiralled out of control. that woman wrote that article on the days ATAR and HSC results were being published. she was just trying to make people who possibly didnt do as well as they hoped feel better about their future.

enoilgam

HSC
this thread has completely spiralled out of control. that woman wrote that article on the days ATAR and HSC results were being published. she was just trying to make people who possibly didnt do as well as they hoped feel better about their future.
Agreed. Look, at the end of the day, its obviously better and easier for you if you get into the course you want directly from the HSC. However, if you dont then it isnt the end of the world as there are an abundance of other options out there. The article is aimed at demystifying the belief held by many HSC and pre-HSC students that failure in the HSC will doom you for life, whilst success in the HSC will guarantee you a great career.

enoilgam

HSC
what is

success?
What ever people define it as being. A person might want to do law at Usyd, by only getting 98.9 they might consider this to be a "failure". By the same token, a person might want to do arts at Usyd, so an ATAR of 90 would be classified as a "success" to them

boris

Banned
HSC
What ever people define it as being. A person might want to do law at Usyd, by only getting 98.9 they might consider this to be a "failure". By the same token, a person might want to do arts at Usyd, so an ATAR of 90 would be classified as a "success" to them
so success is a totally subjective concept
and arguing over whether having a high atar = success
is
retarded
?

boris

Banned
HSC
psyche i was just joking ur a loser if u think dat

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
To whoever said I got 92 in MATH1241... I actually got 93.

HSC
Uni Grad
Lets just stay back on topic.

although I'd say they do correlate quite well!
Most of the time they do, often because those high achieving students possess intelligence and apply it effectively to get a good ATAR. The same thing continues for university. Effort is put in as well by those students.

+1, I only skim read this thread but from what I gather this is what Khorne is arguing as well?

I mean would you prefer to have a really good ATAR or a really low ATAR? sure there are other ways to get places in life but doing well in the HSC is the most efficient.

If you stuff around all year and get a relatively low ATAR you shouldnt really be crying about it because you put in no effort at all.

If you did put in effort and you get a relatively low ATAR in hindsight you probably should have put in more effort

If you put in a lot of effort and you get a relatively low ATAR then dont give up, even without natural talent if youre willing to work hard you can go places in life.

Thats why its better to get a higher ATAR because then youre not in the third category where you have to work heaps hard just to get somewhere.

Thats just my opinion anyway
Yeah I agree with this one. If you didn't do anything, got shit, then obviously that will explain why.

To whoever said I got 92 in MATH1241... I actually got 93.
My bad then...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)