Why.... (1 Viewer)

miss.fairfax

HSC
do people even bother to go to TAFE? Really, what can it do for you? If you couldn't make it into uni, you should be working in a fast food restaurant, or on a worksite

Bananaberry

HSC
- some people don't live near uni's and not want to move
- some people don't want to go to uni
- some people can't afford to go to uni
- some people can't get into uni
- some people may want to study something that interests them and not be committed to an expensive lengthy degree
- some people may want to study something that is not taught in uni's
- uni is not the only way to get a job, if you think this you are stupid and naive
- some people who already work go to tafe to brush up on skills
-because they want to and they can

It's really common sense why people choose to go to tafe. Don't be so quick to judge.
You will also be surprised that trades people (i.e people who work on work sites) can earn a couple of thousand a week (i.e more than most people who have gone through uni earn), and isn't that why people go to uni? To get a job and earn money?

Answer your question?

Dragonangel

HSC
- some people don't live near uni's and not want to move
- some people don't want to go to uni
- some people can't afford to go to uni
- some people can't get into uni
- some people may want to study something that interests them and not be committed to an expensive lengthy degree
- some people may want to study something that is not taught in uni's
- uni is not the only way to get a job, if you think this you are stupid and naive
- some people who already work go to tafe to brush up on skills
-because they want to and they can

it's really common sense why people choose to go to tafe. Don't be so quick to judge.
You will also be surprised that trades people (i.e people who work on work sites) can earn a couple of thousand a week (i.e more than most people who have gone through uni earn), and isn't that why people go to uni? To get a job and earn money?

Answer your question?
+1

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeh, and it's probably better for some of the more hands-on practical stuff.

HSC
that's a bit nasty, no?

well when you are juggling two 3yr old kids and are working a full time job and you have to take them to preschool to be looked after by social, friendly, trustworthy, loving people, remember that they went to TAFE

Bananaberry

HSC
Or the dude who built your house
or the guy who unclogs the shit from your toilet
or the chick who looks after your sick grandma with dementia in the nursing home
or the dudes who run all the sound and lights at the music festival you go too
or the guys who fix the ships that transport exports around the world that therefore injects money into the economy for the country you live in
or the guy who ensures your house has electricity
or some of the fashion designers that pave the way for fashion in Australia and inspire the cheap arse chain stores to create trends for the clothing that you wear

and I can think of many more

HSC
or the chick who looks after your sick grandma with dementia in the nursing home
or the guys who fix the ships that transport exports around the world that therefore injects money into the economy for the country you live in
or some of the fashion designers that pave the way for fashion in Australia and inspire the cheap arse chain stores to create trends for the clothing that you wear

exactly!!!

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
Why would you come into a forum for people doing TAFE and post something like that?

I have a uni degree and i'm currently doing a tafe course in Management because its cheap (much much less than a Masters), its flexible, and it will get me into higher paying career than the one i'm currently working in. (or enable me to advance in the field i'm currently in, whatever I decide).

I did cover the basics of a lot of the concepts at uni but thats no use unless you have proof of it when you're applying for jobs. (and since none of my subjects have anything like "management" in their titles, i've got no proof of my knowlege).

A friend of mine did a masters after her initial uni degree, and can't find work anywhere and she spent over $20K getting her masters. I'll be paying about $1500 for my diploma and it will get me into the same jobs. Crazy.

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Some people want to follow a career path that may be vocational, and no university degree may be offered or even appropriate for it.

TAFE is not for those who just could not make it into university. It offers a completely different purpose. Many TAFE students already have degrees.

Some people are very naive, the OP is a very good example :p

emiliieee

Batman.
HSC
do people even bother to go to TAFE? Really, what can it do for you? If you couldn't make it into uni, you should be working in a fast food restaurant, or on a worksite
well. IMO if you can get into uni, of course that's good, it's great. but will YOU even get a job in the area, honestly? So many kids outta uni still dont have jobs, quit bitching.

you made it sound like people who go tafe are stupid or just plain shit.

i never went to uni, i now have a govt job, we'd like to see you try.

slab

HSC

+1

The richest man on earth did not even go to university! (well he dropped out after 1st year) [bill Gates] xD

indiepersuasion

HSC
Um, I went to TAFE to get my Year 12 equivalent because I got bullied at high school? And couldn't handle the stress of going to a public high school, and couldn't afford a private education? Now I have my Year 12, already accepted into one university in an early offer round and waiting to hear back from my first choice, excited about studying law and gained a whole new perspective of the world and the people in it. So TAFE pretty much gave me back my love of learning and a chance to get an education so think before you say nasty, judgmental, small minded things.

Obvious

HSC
Uni Grad
Um, I went to TAFE to get my Year 12 equivalent because I got bullied at high school? And couldn't handle the stress of going to a public high school, and couldn't afford a private education? Now I have my Year 12, already accepted into one university in an early offer round and waiting to hear back from my first choice, excited about studying law and gained a whole new perspective of the world and the people in it. So TAFE pretty much gave me back my love of learning and a chance to get an education so think before you say nasty, judgmental, small minded things.
2010 :/

Galapagos

HSC
N/A
I agree with this, but unfortunately the board has a lot of like-minded people - elitists.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)