• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Wii (1 Viewer)

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
umm i just got my wii modded :)

got some JPN and US imports .. ummm kinda nice.. about $80-100 atm.. got mine overseas..

umm siome ppl might be interested.. *shrug* its been good so far :)
might wanna be careful with the updates for it then- theres always the possibility nintendo can stop modded wiis working with an update.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
yep and my mod is upgradable too :p

btw super paper mario is the bomb :)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
No. It's a drive firmware update and it's completely undetectable.

The only update they could do to the wii to STOP modding would be to modify the pins that the chip connects to (Whcih they are now doing in Japan)
That's exactly what they said about the 360 drive firmware update

How did you get your mod anyway? I want Pokemon

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
got it from an import shop while i was overseas... heheh there are ppl in sth QLD sellign it but its lik AUD$100
i got it for a bout $60 installed..

its 1st gen.. but i thought i would spread the love about wat its lik.. :) im a lil retro so i scored a copy of US metal slug.. 1-6 :$... it as about US$40..

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I primarily want the chip to play Manhunt, RE4, etc. Someone donate $100 to my cause. kthxbisexual

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yes, which is why I want the chip. If it's banned in the UK, there's no way it'll cum out here.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Well the thing is, if they banned this, why wouldn't they ban something like San Andreas?

I hear it was banned because it was excessively violent (probably the graphical detail with the gore and all), though what is that compared to the GTA with the drugs and senseless killing and the like?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
They have banned every GTA game thus far, from 3 onwards, if I'm not mistaken. Rockstar had to resubmit a cut version each time to get it approved.

Manhunt, however, is an entirely different brand of violence. GTA is over-the-top. Manhunt is real. Have you played the first game?

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Haven't played the first one, no. Seen a few vids though. A lot of the game is based on killing people in different gruesome ways, isn't it?

I agree with what Rockstar said about the banning, Manhunt is keeping to the "horror" atmosphere, so whatever is in the game is relevant to to the genre - much like books and films and such of the sort. I wouldn't have my kid playing this, certainly, but what distinguishing feature of this game warrants a complete ban compared to the latest hollywood scare flick?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Well, the fact that you're actually controlling the characters doing the killings in the most gruesome and realistic of ways, rather than just watching others do it. I think its AO rating in the US is completely warranted. It is really one scary, fucked up game. I do believe that if a child gets his hands on it, it could disturb him for many years. Hell, some things about Manhunt disturb me, and I only played it for a few hours. I would have been 17 or whatever playing it, and kept grinning as I was murdering people with plastic bags, and slitting their throats and watching them bleed to death with glass shards.

Banning it is a bit extreme, but the ban is likely to be due to the fact that kids will go out and play it, despite whatever rating they would have given it.

Overall, I agree with the US rating of AO

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Super Paper Mario out here in SEPTEMBER.
Fucking great, why must Nintendo constantly screw over Pal territories, even though it looked so promising with the launch :(
Mario Party 8 has also now been delayed

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I don't even understand why it takes so damn long to port them to PAL versions??

Look at the 360. 80% of releases are simulataneous, 10% are during the same week, 5% are delayed, but only by a few weeks, 5% don't come out at all in PAL territories (usually due to licensing issues). Why can't nintendo do the same.

Funny how I'd buy all the games if they released them on time. Now I'm just going to pirate them. Their loss.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
I found a modchip installer in Sydney who'll do it for $85 and include a lifetime warranty on the chip and installation. I think i might do that. Others should cum on/with me. Maybe if we get like 3 people, he'll do them for $80/each.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
he already commented on it. he said he likes it. for more opinions, why don't you read some review(zorz)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)