Wii (1 Viewer)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I quite like it. It was $69 when I bought it, not sure how much it is now. The online play is very smooth, which was a nice surprise. Not sure of it's lastability though

stazi

Nightman
HSC
If you read reviews of smaller sites, you can't really go wrong. There's no internal/external politics going on, usually, with these.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
ok, so because im ultr4-l33t im going to be able to get the wii chips installed for $80 each :D So, who wants to cum with me to get them installed either this week, or next?

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I will possibly. I can still play my PAL games right?
What's the advantages of modding it, besides getting games a lot earlier?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yeah of course.

Advantages:
-You get to play quite a few NTSC games, which won't even come out here (although compatibility is at about 80% at the moment)
-Get to play games a lot earlier
-Don't have to pay full price for gaymes.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Where about do you get the games, just online? And how much do they cost?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
they cost the price of a blank dvd. you burn them yourself, you n00b. although apparently the guy i'm getting the chip from can also sell them. i suppose they'd be $5 each, or so.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
lol, its at bankstown. more like come and get rolled town.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
awww i wanted to backup my games :(...

I think im gettin a DVD-ROM for lik $30
for it

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
stazi said:
hawt. ill get to meat bazookajoe.
So when you wanna go? I'm going away Wednesday but think I'm coming back on Monday (the 9th)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i have no moneys atm, so maybe the week after next?

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
Soo... a bit awkward intruding in your conversation but I have a question for you folks. My birthday is coming up and I'm interested in a Wii. My friends have suggested chipping in a bit each for the Wii but I'm not 100% sure I want one. It looks fun but I don't know if its worth it. None of my friends have a Wii because well they're just into gaming really haha. I was just wondering do you think it is worth getting one? I think they're $350 in EB Games at the moment which is the cheapest price around. What are some good games? Is Zelda Twilight Princess any good?
Please post thoughts, comments, criticisms and stuff. Thanks in advance, I'll try and check back soon!

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
I really like the Wii, but the problem at the moment is games. But it seems by Christmas, there will be more amazing first party games coming out like Mario, Metroid and Smash Bros.
Zelda is excellent, and Mario Strikers: Charged is good if you're playing with friends or online.

your.knee

i'm lizzing
HSC
Yeah I miss the Mario games I had on my old 64. I remember playing Paper Mario which was fun. Is there another Paper Mario on Wii? I haven't heard of Metroid. I like the old school Pokemon games on Gameboy. Gold and Silver were good and (with my help) my friend has got his old Gameboy Advance and Pokemon Emerald out haha. Are Wii games available for hire in entertainment shops like Video Ezy or Blockbuster? I haven't really noticed. All I see is the onslaught of PS2 and Xbox 360 games and then a few measley PSP and PS3 games.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)