Wii (1 Viewer)

BradCube

HSC
runtlocks said:
Does anyone have an idea on the support from third parties and all that? The development I'd imagine would be different to the PS3 and 360 because of the graphical indifference and the controller especially. We'll probably get more Wii exclusives?
3rd party support is looking pretty good at this stage although it will be fairly dependant upon the popularity of the Wii. There are over 20 launch games so that says something.

Also I went into Toys R Us today to enquire further about the pre-order deal. Turns out that it is a specified game which they have not decided yet. From what I have heard others saying it seems many are under the impression that it as a game of their own choosing. Either way, EB Games said that they will match any deal Toys r' Us will do plus I'll get a VIP card that gives 30% of all Wii related purchases. I'm looking forward to December 7th :)

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Nolanistic said:
I'm importing it from the states. Fuck the price difference, fuck the region encoding bullshits.

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO HAVE REGIONS.

I cannot wait for the first modchips so it can run homebrewed code :)
NTSC doesn't work here?? :confused:

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
BradCube said:
3rd party support is looking pretty good at this stage although it will be fairly dependant upon the popularity of the Wii. There are over 20 launch games so that says something.

Also I went into Toys R Us today to enquire further about the pre-order deal. Turns out that it is a specified game which they have not decided yet. From what I have heard others saying it seems many are under the impression that it as a game of their own choosing. Either way, EB Games said that they will match any deal Toys r' Us will do plus I'll get a VIP card that gives 30% of all Wii related purchases. I'm looking forward to December 7th :)
Twilight Princess for me I'd say, since Metroid was pushed back to March. Ohh well, too good to be true anyway.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Games are being sold for $120 on gameswizards.com.au website?

:(

Australia and fucking videogame prices. :(

Last edited:

watkinzez

HSC
runtlocks said:
Games are being sold for $120 on gameswizards.com.au website?

:(

Australia and fucking videogame prices. :(
Placeholder prices. When they add a game to the database, they have to put some price in, higher than what the final cost will be. Last year EB had Twilight Princess in their system at $200 a pop.

Thade

Arrrrgghhhh...
HSC
I'm buying a Wii on realease. No actually, I'll preorder. I never preorder anything so this is something. Man, I'm so behind with all of this because of HSC stress. :)

What would make this perfect is if they'd release all the old Lucasarts point 'n click adventure games on the Virtual Console. Monkey Island and Day of The Tentacle + Wiimote + HUGE tv = WIN. :D

watkinzez

HSC
Thade said:
I'm buying a Wii on realease. No actually, I'll preorder. I never preorder anything so this is something. Man, I'm so behind with all of this because of HSC stress. :)

What would make this perfect is if they'd release all the old Lucasarts point 'n click adventure games on the Virtual Console. Monkey Island and Day of The Tentacle + Wiimote + HUGE tv = WIN. :D
There's been mumblings of the new Sam and Max game to make it over to the Wii.. is good.

Thade

Arrrrgghhhh...
HSC
watkinzez said:
There's been mumblings of the new Sam and Max game to make it over to the Wii.. is good.
By Telltale? I heard about that, I hope it does make it onto the Wii. :D

501n2u

HSC
i preordered mine at myer yesterday! wooot =] $399 + game

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Pre-ordered from EB, they said they'd match whatever the best offer was on the day, so I'd assume that means Console + game ~ 400, maybe toys r us may hit below 380 but either way, looking to get Zelda if we in fact don't get the deal, but :D

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
Orange Juice said:
my brother won a competition so he gets to play the wii on tuesday night.
I hate your brother. I entered that competition and my 50 words were great.
No notification :(

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
No you fucking don't, JB are shit with games. Most of them are full price and they never discount any of the cube titles that are discounted everywhere else. The DVD and CD prices are fantastic, but most of the time the game prices are nothing great.
I'm waiting to pre-order. I'm at no disadvantage by waiting until around two weeks before launch to make sure I get the best deal possible.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
will he then fail the classic..

-What's the contrast ratio on this baby?
-Wait, do you know what a contrast ratio is?

Collin

HSC
N/A
Hahahah. This is precisely the reason I try avoid talking up the fact that I work at Officeworks IT. Pete_mate uses the 'I work at JB/sell laptops' line alot.. but if anything it isn't something to be proud of, from my perspective. I mean all these IT sales jobs around give you nothing but shit base wages + perhaps some minor commission. In other words, there are far too many idiots working in IT sales who aren't fit for the job.

My most recent at Dick Smith Powerhouse:

*points to laptop with 256MB of RAM* Will this laptop give me a good experience with Windows Vista?

Now if I expected a shit answer, I would of atleast expected something like 'Yes, of course'. But I got something even worse:

"Vista?" *looks at me like I just made something up*

So my final point is: There are alot of jobs you can flirt yourself to people with.. but if you're in IT sales, it's best you avoid talking that up as a 'good point' since there are just so many retards who are also in IT sales. We've had a few in my own store actually.. but I won't disclose any specific info incase they're BOS members LAWLz.

Last edited:

Orange Juice

so worthless i am
HSC
brother came back from the thing, and said no hot female models..

but yeh it said on the tennis game (sorry dont know the names) the movement of the control was too sensitive. like moving a centremetre would move the character from one side to the other...

remote is real small... and he didnt get an opportunity to play zelda... i guess them fanatics would have been hogging it... and last but not least they served chicken kababs at the place.

i cant afford to preorder, and i got a feeling itll be cheaper once it comes out... but this whole bonnus game nonsense...

pete_mate

HSC
politik said:
Speaking of Vista, apparently Microsoft started compiling the RTM build last night (it takes 24 hours for MS to compile a vista build), so Vista will be on track for a January release. MSDN Subscribers will be able to download it starting next week.
should be hacked soon then :p

heh, those are shocking stories collin. yeah, i realise the fact that most people just make shit up about computers, its a shame.

even though i know a fuckload, i've never had a customer that could take me on, even the IT business professionals, to be honest, the average consumer doesnt know enough to tell whether im bullshitting or not.

ah well, ill try and sell plasma's more often.

how much comission do you get?

Last edited:

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
was in toys r us today and it looks like the deal for the Wii and a game at 400 bucks no longer offered. instead u can get the Wii, 2nd controller and 4 games plus a bag i think for around $730. from memory the games are zelda, rayman, some racing one and i cant remember the last one (plus Wii sports which comes included with the console). not a bad deal because i was in EB today, and unless my eyes were playing tricks on me, zelda had a $200 price tag! now i cant believe that myself, so im going in again tomorrow to double check, but if im correct this toys r us deal isnt too bad. 500 bucks worth of games, plus an extra controller EB are selling for $70 for just $730?!?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)