Wii (1 Viewer)

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
I've been waiting to pre-order it until the release date and price were announced. Hopefully the PAL release date will be announced soon. Nintendo said there will no more than four months between launching regions, but four months could mean we might not get it til mid-march. That's a real shame because I had a whole summer plan of a wii- beer-corn chips/salsa marathon worked out in my head, and i really don't want to wait til autumn. And i want the fucking twilight princess now.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
That should be interesting. Oh, and anyone hoping for it to cost less than 399 at launch, remember that the gamecube launched in the U.S for 199 and here for 399. So it makes more sense that if the U.S launch price is 250 for Wii it will be 399 at an absolute minimum here and could be more. Also, $50 U.S for games isn't all that great, it just means they will be 100 here again.

BradCube

HSC
dieburndie said:
That should be interesting. Oh, and anyone hoping for it to cost less than 399 at launch, remember that the gamecube launched in the U.S for 199 and here for 399. So it makes more sense that if the U.S launch price is 250 for Wii it will be 399 at an absolute minimum here and could be more. Also, $50 U.S for games isn't all that great, it just means they will be 100 here again.
From memory, the GCN actually launched at $329 in Aus as they had a price drop before even releasing. Also our exchange rate has stabilised a fair amount since then so I would think it reasonable that we would hit the $350 price point. I was orginally hoping to see it at $300 but I'm not sure if that is possible anymore, especially if Wii Sports is included. Either way, I'm glad I have my pre-order in. I still have hope that it will launch before the year is out, especially since Nintendo has said that it will have 4 million units shipped before the year is out.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Virtual Console: Wii will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES). The Virtual Console also will feature a "best of" selection from Sega Genesis titles and games from the TurboGrafx console (a system jointly developed by NEC and Hudson). It also will be home to new games conceived by indie developers whose creativity is larger than their budgets.
only reason i might buy a console. anyone have any more info on this exactly how do we get the game into the console? and will it be *free*?

u know 'free'//

Last edited:

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
BradCube said:
From memory, the GCN actually launched at $329 in Aus as they had a price drop before even releasing. Also our exchange rate has stabilised a fair amount since then so I would think it reasonable that we would hit the $350 price point. I was orginally hoping to see it at $300 but I'm not sure if that is possible anymore, especially if Wii Sports is included. Either way, I'm glad I have my pre-order in. I still have hope that it will launch before the year is out, especially since Nintendo has said that it will have 4 million units shipped before the year is out.
You make a good point, I remember hearing the launch price as $399 then only ever seeing it at $329, so you're probably right. However, despite the change in economic circumstances, games are still double what they are in the U.S and the PS3 is set to launch at nearly double as well (at around a few hundred million dollars was the last I heard). Anything less than $399, especially with Wii sports included and I would be pleasantly surprised.

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC
HotShot said:
only reason i might buy a console. anyone have any more info on this exactly how do we get the game into the console? and will it be *free*?

u know 'free'//
a) You download them, and save them on the flash memory.

b) No, $5-10 USD each per game, probably depending on which console the game was originally for.

Collin

HSC
N/A
For some strange reason, I'am actually seriously considering getting this console. Innovation over graphics powar (funny hearing this from me).

click here

to see my profile
HSC
I think it's an alright price. It's the same price as the PSP Value pack and I rather get a wii than that!

Last edited:

BradCube

HSC
click here said:
I think it's an alright price. It's the same price as the PSP Value pack and I rather get a wii than that!
Yeah I think I am happy with that also. I wonder if I can get any special deals for pre-ordering with EB. hmm

I'm happy that it is being launched after my HSC.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Pretty good price compared to other consoles, pretty happy with the date too, earlier than I expected.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Good price, considering there is a free game. Plus I can probably get that free game if I get that Toys R Us thing. Looking gooooooooood

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
politik said:
Not a bad price. But, what is going to be different about this console than the last? Will it still be marketed as a pancy-cute platform as all other Nintendo consoles? If they change to a more Adult-approach, I think the console can take off. If not, I don't know.
The unique controller? The built in web browser? The ability to play past consoles? To be fair the Gamecube did still have a fair share of "adult" games. If I am to get a new console then it would be the Wii because of the cheap price and the innovative gameplay, irrespective of what target market, bacause I'm sure I'l be able to enjoy the games.
Does anyone have an idea on the support from third parties and all that? The development I'd imagine would be different to the PS3 and 360 because of the graphical indifference and the controller especially. We'll probably get more Wii exclusives?

Last edited:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
runtlocks said:
The unique controller? The built in web browser? The ability to play past consoles? To be fair the Gamecube did still have a fair share of "adult" games. If I am to get a new console then it would be because of the cheap price and the innovative gameplay, irrespective of what target market, bacause I'm sure I'l be able to enjoy the games.
Does anyone have an idea on the support from third parties and all that? The development I'd imagine would be different to the PS3 and 360 because of the graphical indifference and the controller especially. We'll probably get more Wii exclusives?
cant wait to download cricket 96 and play it on the wii. buti would prob need the old console for tat..bugger.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)