Will i be awarded 0 for this question? (1 Viewer)

akim93

HSC
Section 1 Question 5 (last question)

I MISSED THE FUCKEN COMPARE PART
oh well

and i just analysed my two texts
i did however mention they do show belonging through the notion of togetherness in homes
but i didn't link them..i wrote them seperately

will they give me a 0?
i wrote a page

1337z4u12

HSC
No way they wont give you a zero... You wont get a 4 - 5 band as this would require a synthesized comparison, but you might get a 3 if your analysis was in depth and used a range of techniques.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
You won't get 0, but I don't think you will get 5 either. You're probably capped at 4, if your analysis is spot on. But who knows - none of us know the marking scheme.

zeleboy

HSC
Section 1 Question 5 (last question)

I MISSED THE FUCKEN COMPARE PART
oh well

and i just analysed my two texts
i did however mention they do show belonging through the notion of togetherness in homes
but i didn't link them..i wrote them seperately

will they give me a 0?
i wrote a page
might get a 1 or 2 since you didn't answer 'verb'

bell531

Member's Member 2008
HSC
N/A
I completely missed the 'compare' part of the question too, something I'm only just now realising. I did, accidentally, contrast the two texts right at the start by saying something like "text 3 uses perceptive, sensory language to provide a spiritual sense of belonging, whilst text 4 uses engaging personal language", but thats all I did. I did a wide range of techniques for each, and the analysis was fairly good, so I'm now hoping for 3, maybe 4 if they just skim read it.....

sigh

Nuclear

HSC
I completely missed the 'compare' part of the question too, something I'm only just now realising. I did, accidentally, contrast the two texts right at the start by saying something like "text 3 uses perceptive, sensory language to provide a spiritual sense of belonging, whilst text 4 uses engaging personal language", but thats all I did. I did a wide range of techniques for each, and the analysis was fairly good, so I'm now hoping for 3, maybe 4 if they just skim read it.....

sigh
Compare = Differences and/or Similarities.

jonjoony

HSC
How long did you people write for? I only did a full page but my writing is real small

nosh22

HSC
Damn. After reading this thread, I realised I didn't compare. I mean, I anaylsed and all and at the end I made a generalised statement about both texts. Agh!

madsam

God among men
HSC
the five marker is the question they use to distinguish people in question 1
If your answer is poor, they will give you a low mark if you do a poor job

GG's hsc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)