• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

WILLIAM HUNG!!!!!!!! legacy (1 Viewer)

Crikket

Exactly Member
HSC
meshy said:
Yeh pretty true - korean music is pretty good, and Japanese music is ok, but apart from that..
I noticed Baby VOX (Korean girl group) has managed to break into the US market recently..

Err what's your point? They're totally different styles.

So what if america was the birthplace of jazz? That's pretty irrelevant and doesn't give any indication whatsoever what music is like in the US at the moment..

Actually, if he was Korean or Japanese I don't think everyone would have insulted/laughed so much. Remember Koreans and Japanese are considered differently to Chinese in the USA..
1) ok, you got me, they're different styles :p
but if you actually do compare the top 40 in korea and top 40 in the us, or australia, you'll find that they're pretty much the same, they both have really bad pop, some good stuff, some rnb and good rock.

2) i was using jazz as an example of the variety found in american music, but jazz does have alot of influence on the charts, like norah jones, some kelly clarkson stuff and if you read interviews of women singers who are popular over there, they'll say they were influenced by ella fitzgerald or some other famous jazz singer.

my point is that whoever said korean music is far superior than american music, or any type of music, has no basis to state that. :)

so how come koreans and japanese people are treated differently to chinese people in usa? are they more discriminated? or less?

ravenheart

HSC
William Hung performed in Toyota Centre for one of the Houston Rockets game, lol, dont noe what Yao Ming was thinking.

Last edited:

zergcave

HSC
oOo jolin.....

i think yao ming wants to slap him silly
traitor to chinese

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Another Asian with a racial hangup.

*sigh*

Also, if you really want to measure the quality of music in Asia/America you only need to look at the top 40 of most asian countries and 3/4+ of their music are basically using styles (pop and dance) which have their roots in America/Europe anyway.

Also, jazz still has an influence on music. While jazz may be underground at the moment, all rock bands basically have jazz and blues roots, esp. blues.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
zergcave said:
we should resent the western media towards their racial [/B] discriminatory promotion
Thats right, because we know only whites can't sing ;)

Hung has been performing various awful songs since his first audition. Since his first audition, the racist media had noticed that he was of a hated ethnicity -chinese, being ugly, and bad singing all in one package siezed the opportunity for mockery. He is simply a pawn being promoted by the west to mock chinese pple's singing abilities - but more importantly the broader picture of insulting the CULTURE OF ENTIRE ASIA.
I'd say they support Hung because they can make money out of him. This isn't a racial conspiracy.

Americans are urging the world to laugh at the quality of Asian music. HA! rubbish!
That would be silly since Asian music is so similar to American pop.

These crimes commited by americans particularly , have been occuring for centuries...
So its a crime to promote someone who can't sing...if they are asian that is.

and this is proof that they are continuing in this 21st century.
*gasp*

Furthermore, the rest of the world is following America's lead in pointing their finger and laughing at this spastic's outrageous publicity.
Because he's funny? Or because he's Chinese. Put two and two together, I don't laugh at every chinaman i pass on the street.

Even if this means mocking the most populous and a economically powerful racial group of the world.
So you think youre superior to other races? Hypocrisy or no?

economically powerful racial group
You mean whites right? ie : Europe, America

most populous
India?

ravenheart

HSC
i dont think William Hung has gained a bad reputation for the Chinese,
i think the only reason why Hung became famous is because to the Westerns..he depicts the stereotyped image of an azn...it is somewhat senseless but i dont think lot of ppl really giv a crap about this whole issue, and why make a big deal out of it, one WILLIAM HUNG aint gonna sway the western's impression about azns or chinese.

zergcava..its funny how u relate Hung with Azn music, the fact is..i dont think he sings azn music on tv...he sings "She Bangs" and dats Ricky's latin music...so again...the whole Hung thing is just a joke and just forget about it..ay

Last edited:

jam3s

Radiation Therapist
On soccer fields, In KFC, At uni, At clubs, and in
HSC
N/A
i hate most of the american R and B they are the so fuken shit
most black guys got absolutly shit voice eg the guy with the gay voice who teamed up with justin timberlake. and the band D- 12 so sad only guy who can rap is Eminem the rest don;t do shit they say few words thats about it, how sad is that?
+ eveyr music clips looks exaclly the same black guys with big gold chains and lots of chicks dancing in the background.
and these people make shit loads of money
sad sad sad

zergcave

HSC
all those rappers lol....they only manage to come up wif one or two good songs before they disappear from sight

eminem's rap was pretty good back then (2002'ish)....he got famous....nowadays hes gotten quiet - his songs are CRAP!!

as wif jarule....what good clips has he got. the only one even worth a mention is probably 'mesmerise' and mayb also 'what's love'. but not suprisingly with his popular songs , he relies heavily on a pretty gurl singing a sweet chorus. in the former case, ashanti. otherwise itll just be mumble mumble for 5 mins long. his voice just sux.

quite a popular song atm - usher's YEah.
why does every car driving past in the last few months play that track? how can all the clothes shops listen to it all day long? that song is nothing but an annoying tune and minimal lyrics of "yeah yeah yeah.....". despicable.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
I reckon he is kinda sad...i feel sorry for him...it's like a complete "retard" dancing on the street nude, a lot of people will cheer him on, but he himself thinks that everyone is laughing with him, but in fact, they are laughing at him....

It's sad for him, even sadder for the people who support him...

SipSip

HSC
N/A
He is a naturally stupid person....i personally dislike the fact that the public has gone to appreciating laughing at someone like him as a form of entertainment...

onigiri

HSC
kochou said:
Well he's continuing his fame in China/HK....he's in some movie apparently..
William Hung is really popular in HK at the moment. I was watching Miss HK 2004 and they had a few questions related to him and one of them bloody said he's cute.... blergghh... he isn't cute! You could describe him as funny but cute and william hung don't mix!

onigiri

HSC
jam3s said:
his very ugly so are the black rappers
I agree he's ugly but I don't make the same generalisation on the black rappers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)