• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Wish I was Here (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
aliciat said:
Yeah, I'm definately not rushing into anything. So it's a good thing transfers don't happen till the end of the year. :)

In my degree, the first year, are all core subjects I don't get any electives this year.

Do you mean transferring in general? Or transferring to UWS?
Do you get to do many electives throughout your degree? I guess transferring in general and why UWS - apart from the fact that funky_a is a good pro-UWS manipulater :p

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Muahahahaha
PS. Can someone explain to me WHY I can't put smilies in my replies!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Do you have smilies enabled?

When you post a reply, underneath where you type the message, it says miscellanous options, make sure that the box isn't ticked that says Disable smilies in text.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
It's not ticked...And when I click on a smilie, it only appears where the topic name thingie is

aliciat

HSC
Cape said:
Do you get to do many electives throughout your degree? I guess transferring in general and why UWS - apart from the fact that funky_a is a good pro-UWS manipulater :p
Yeah, after first year you can do quite a few electives but I don't think there's very many business orientated subjects tho.

Well, I want to transfer to Business because to me, (in my opinion!!!) Business offers a more stable foundation and greater opportunity? Or I could be completely delusional.

And UWS offers a lot, a LOT, of business courses. :)

And also cause my bitch funky_a needs me. :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
lol. Well, if you think that you will enjoy the business course more than what your doing now, by all means, transfer. Its a tough decision to make though. But after a semester or so, you will know if the degree that your currently doing is the right one for you. Goodluck with choosing what you want to do :)

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
STFU YOU! I am COOL, you are LAME. And I'm not even in Parramatta campus anyway! (directing at aliciat aka iamlame)

aliciat

HSC
natstar said:
I looked at UTS business marketing. They offer electives, but they are all business ones. Not free choice.
i like it how UWS has straight business courses. Not just B Business and B Commerce
Yeah, that's definately an appeal for UWS.

aliciat

HSC
Cape said:
lol. Well, if you think that you will enjoy the business course more than what your doing now, by all means, transfer. Its a tough decision to make though. But after a semester or so, you will know if the degree that your currently doing is the right one for you. Goodluck with choosing what you want to do :)
Thanks! If we ever cross paths it would be a pleasure to meet you!

You're so nice and helpful! Unlike some people. *cough* funky_a *cough*

:D

aliciat

HSC
funky_a said:
STFU YOU! I am COOL, you are LAME. And I'm not even in Parramatta campus anyway! (directing at aliciat aka iamlame)
Did you just call yourself lame?

There are some business courses at Penrith! I looked in the UAC book! So ha!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Dingo2004 said:
i dont think we haf the time to properly prepare for a play when we got other subjects at uni and other things in our lives to worry about

jeez, I gotta do 4 group projects this semester for 3 subjects and another subject has exams every week and I go to uni for 5 days. If you can't handle 4 subjects and manage your time like most other people can, why the hell are you at uni? If you don't leave things til the last minute, you'll have plently of time. Like today, our group started our presentation which is due in week 13.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
Alicia, I disown you. But you may still give me my birthday present. I won't deprive you of that honour

aliciat

HSC
funky_a said:
Alicia, I disown you. But you may still give me my birthday present. I won't deprive you of that honour
I already decided that I was going to keep your present the moment I bought it. Sally doesn't know it yet.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
BiAtch I WANT MY PRESENT. It better be a car. Or Jay Hernandez in a giant box

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
Dingo2004 said:
i dont think we haf the time to properly prepare for a play when we got other subjects at uni and other things in our lives to worry about
dude, they obviously wouldn't put it in your course if it wasn't needed and/or it wouldn't be helpful for the future. you say, you got other subjects and other things in your life to worry about, well worry about this unit aswell. uni is also something to "worry about" in your life.

my smilies don't work either !!? =/

L

LaraB

aliciat said:
I'm currently at UTS in a B. Arts in Comm course and yes, it's still early being the first week and all but I am thinking about transferring to perhaps business at UWS?

So if anyone has any tips or comments about Business at UWS please add.

UWS was my second choice! Even though none of you will care.

P.S. funky_a is my bitch! :)
i suppose it all depends on what business course u wanna do...

coz theres human resource managament, marketing , management, international business etc etc..

im doing B Bus(Human resource management and industrial relations)/B Laws and i'm really enjoying the business part:) lecturers are nice, classes are good - everyone;s nice, classes aren't too big, work's pretty much straight forward, assignments dont look too complicated etc.. not toom any hours a week a uni - 1 2hr lecture, 1 1hr tute

so all in all i like the course as seem to the majority doing the HRM&IR course...

i'd suggest you give the student centre a call and ask them - the number's on the uws website, coz they can probly give u more detail about the courses and stuff... u can look it up on teh website but its probably easier just to give them a call rathe rthan having to search for infor on the web:)

aliciat

HSC
Yeah, I was leaning towards Human Resources or Marketing.

Not many hours is always a plus. lol I only do about 12 in my course now.

Thanks for the info, I'll definately check it out!

GTR

HSC
I find it hard to believe that someone from UTS would want to transfer to UWS. It is usually the other way around, and there are good reasons for it. Anyone who tells you that UWS rocks and is better than UTS are kidding themselves. I recommend that you do not transfer to UWS. You will regret it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)