Worried, but feel like its the only choice? (1 Viewer)

kazzaduh

HSC
So Im doing 12 units currently;
Ext 2 english
Modern
Ancient
Art
And Math 2u.

I am really struggling to cope with the 2 units of math.
My marks are terrible, and i've been thinking of dropping math altogether.
Only problem is, my ext 2 teacher thinks dropping math and making the english as my 10th unit could be extremely risky.

I feel like I'm wasting my time doing math, becasue I know even if I do it for the hsc, it wont even count. Wasting time on math, when I can concentrate on the subjects I do plan to continue through the hsc.

So what are your guys advice on this?
Thanks.

Caitlin63

:-)
HSC
hmmmm had you asked a little earlier I would have recommended trying general maths. If you really feel that you would use the time you spend on math to improve your other subjects then drop. But..... Do you feel you could get better at math if you spent a little more time on it? and Ext 2 english is subjective so risking the examiners understanding your idea and marking you high on it is just that. A risk. But sometimes risks are worth it, So ultimatlely its up to you.

kazzaduh

HSC
Yeahh, its gotten to a point where I've physically given up on math.
I think its because all my subjects are so literacy based, math was just the odd one out.

I think I'll be dropping it the first day back of term after the holidays.
:)

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
Haha, i sort of had the same problem. Although since i have 11 units i know at least half of my maths units will count.
Even though Maths isn't compulsory it feels like it is, since many courses require it.

studentcheese

HSC
It's your choice. If it were up to me, I wouldn't drop it because the other subjects are fairly literacy based - and subjective.

X-terc

HSC
N/A
Im in this situation right now. I made the wrong choice chosing 2u Maths and i regret it. Instead chosing modern history i chose something that i thought i would "be okay" in it. Obviously, im just passing not a great mark at all and i think that im going to drop maths altogether too. But the thing is with the 10 unit bs, its risky and what not. My other subjects are humanities nothing like maths. So i definately need some objective advice too. Cos all my friends are like "no no dont drop, it can scale you" not when i got 18/34 -_- barely 60%:spzz:

kazzaduh

HSC
Im in this situation right now. I made the wrong choice chosing 2u Maths and i regret it. Instead chosing modern history i chose something that i thought i would "be okay" in it. Obviously, im just passing not a great mark at all and i think that im going to drop maths altogether too. But the thing is with the 10 unit bs, its risky and what not. My other subjects are humanities nothing like maths. So i definately need some objective advice too. Cos all my friends are like "no no dont drop, it can scale you" not when i got 18/34 -_- barely 60%:spzz:
Yeah I know how you feel, I think alot of people are in my situation cause I asked this question in the ext 2 english thread.
But I got amazing advice from friends and even my teachers saying theres no point in persuing a subjet I have no interest in anymore/and or good at.

I think overall, dropping math would give me more time to concentrate on my majors and trying to get the best marks possible..

Good luck with watever decision you make though.
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)