Would you boycott bali? (1 Viewer)

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
spell check said:
of course she is innocent

any reasonable person can see that

people only believe she is guilty because they want to believe that
I think you have completely inverted reality.

townie said:
all you people criticising people for thinking she's innocent, whilst thinking she's guilty are something....whats that word...hmm...let me think, oh, thats right, hypocrite's.
A hypocrite's what?

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Serius said:
the thing is i am not sure she is innocent, but i do not beleive that the prosecution proved that she was guilty beyond all doubt i have doubts about a lot of the stuff used as "evidence".

the assumed guilty, must prove innocent mentality
lack of jury[ i dunno if iam right about this one. some1 correct me plz]
The assumption of guilt comes from the fact that there were a shitload of drugs in her bag. That kind of makes her look a bit guilty don't you think?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
yes ofcourse it does, the prosecution can, and have used that as evidence but the onance[sp?] souldnt be on corby to prove innocence, it should be on the prosecution to prove her guilt, in doing that they can use the drugs all they like, and truth be told it is quite a sebstantial peice of evidence but it doesnt rule out the idea of drugs planted on her, ofcourse if the mere fact of the drugs being in her bag means she is guilty of drug smuggling and if the indonesian legal system doesnt care who put the drugs there but guilt is merely decided on who owns the bag then i guess she is guilty

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Serius said:
yes ofcourse it does, the prosecution can, and have used that as evidence but the onance[sp?] souldnt be on corby to prove innocence, it should be on the prosecution to prove her guilt, in doing that they can use the drugs all they like, and truth be told it is quite a sebstantial peice of evidence but it doesnt rule out the idea of drugs planted on her, ofcourse if the mere fact of the drugs being in her bag means she is guilty of drug smuggling and if the indonesian legal system doesnt care who put the drugs there but guilt is merely decided on who owns the bag then i guess she is guilty
Under Indonesian law, once possession is proven then it is up to the defense to prove she is innocent. Her only defense was "someone else put it there" with nothing but hearsay evidence and emotion to prove otherwise.

HSC
Because trying to recruit people to boycott Bali's tourism industry isn't exactly News, Current Affairs or Politics. Personally, I don't even think it counts for Travel.

This should be moved to Non-School, like all the rest of the crap on this forum.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
whiterabbit said:
Because trying to recruit people to boycott Bali's tourism industry isn't exactly News, Current Affairs or Politics. Personally, I don't even think it counts for Travel.

This should be moved to Non-School, like all the rest of the crap on this forum.
it kinda is since pauliene hanson is proposing it, lol

HSC
It hasn't been mentioned until you suggested it, and there's a similar thread in Schoolies.

Someone close this thread!!

Generator

HSC
N/A
whiterabbit said:
Because trying to recruit people to boycott Bali's tourism industry isn't exactly News, Current Affairs or Politics.
Actually, it is, but does it really matter now that it has been moved? Besides, I'm assuming that it was moved so that the thread may explore townie's initial question rather than just rehash the many arguments that exist in the other threads.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
i would not boycott bali
their tourist destinations and attractions have nothing to do with their law system and corbys trial

why would you stop going just because shes guilty and u think shes innocent or her penalty is too harsh

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
I wouldn't. It's ridiculous and rubbish.

Reconsidering going to Bali because of the case is a matter of individual opinion. But to recruit people to do the same is pointless.

Plus, you're making the Balinese suffer; what's the point? What do you actually achieve in the end?

* 4 years later...
Corby crusaders: Ooh, yeah man. We released Corby at last! The Indonesian government succumbed to our protest! Oooh yeah!

Balinese people: well thanks to you, we're getting poorer, crime rate goes up, more people are involved in drug dealings, suicide rate goes up, unemployment goes up, etc etc etc.

You're wasting your time.

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
Btw, if you're changing your mind from going to Bali because you're worried that 'the same thing that happened to Corby could happen to you', then that's far more reasonable and understandable.

This petition is selfish and inconsiderate.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
It isnt a petition! it is a QUESTION, it has been suggested in the media, and i wanted 2 know whether peoeple would or not, i never said "lets boycot bali", or give reasons why one should or shouldnt. it is a QUESTION

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
Yes, I know you're asking whether or not we should boycott Bali.

But there are already petitions of that nature being made right now. Those were what I was referring to. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.

Nevertheless, I say it again: that petition is useless, unecessary, selfish and inconsiderate.

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
Well, I guess I used second person in my post, implying that I was directing it to you, the topic creator. So it's my fault :)

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
no i wouldnt boycott bali..
that said, i dont want to go to bali anyway...

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
i wouldn't go to bali, not because of the verdict of corby's trial, but for the simple fact it could happen to anyone, if it was baggage handlers tampering...

waddle_828

*waves*
HSC
spell check said:
i would boycott sydney airport

thats alright to say if you don't actualy live their

but if you live in sydney its kinda pointless to go all the way to brisbane or melbourne so as not to travel through sydney airport..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)