Would you boycott bali? (1 Viewer)

asscookie

dork.
HSC
Well I certainly won't be travelling to Bali anytime soon. The bombings and tsunami were enough to put me off going in the first place.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
asscookie said:
Well I certainly won't be travelling to Bali anytime soon. The bombings and tsunami were enough to put me off going in the first place.
There is more of a chance of somewhere in Australia being bombed than Bali again. And the tsunami didn't hit Bali.

spell check

HSC
waddle_828 said:
thats alright to say if you don't actualy live their

but if you live in sydney its kinda pointless to go all the way to brisbane or melbourne so as not to travel through sydney airport..
i do live there

actually i would go there, go through customs, fly somewhere then quickly get on a plane back to australia to see if i scored drugs

!! CaR`JiE !!

cäяяoт ^^'
HSC
notice there always shit happens @ indonesia.. many bombing incidents lately >_<'
bad luck place.. im avoiding the place.

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
I wouldn't boycott Bali.... but I would be highly careful of my luggage when travelling to any third world country.

Seraph

Now You've done it.......
HSC
N/A
not really 3rd world, jsut any country around that region...

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
i dont think its a matter of whether she is found innocent or guilty.

if she is innocent... drug smugglers could possibly find it OK to use other ppls bags. sure maybe thedrugs might not get to whoever they r ment 4.... but using unsuspecting citizens is easier 4 them than strapping it to your body (stupid stupid stupid other girl)

and hey, some1 else gets the blame if ur plan stuffs up.

me travelling over there? i would plan on not. i was gonna go 2 thailand at the end of the yr but i am goin 2 vanuatu again. unrelated to the corby incident.... but still... a much better idea now i think.

i cant believe that they sed she was guilty tho. i dont think she is. n thats before they made a huge fuss out of it, b4 it was huge this guy we know had been overseas there and had talked to her (i guess in prison? he is a pastor of a church and was there on churchy business) so he had told us bout her before this huge deal had been made.... and i swear she isnt guilty.

its like lindy chaimberlain..

beccaxx

surprised things change
HSC
and mayb whoever planted the stuff there.... if it wasnt her

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
i wanna go to bali still, apparently there great surf there

iamsickofyear12

HSC
It's funny how all these people who say they are going to boycott bali have probably never been there and never intended on going there.

cappen

Has an Executive Member
HSC
i been there, went on like my 8th bday and it was fuckin amazing....such a great place

Sydney, Australia, Earth, Milky Way...............
HSC
I'm not going to boycott Bali because I disagree with the case, I'm just going to not go there anytime soon because I'm too scared (and my parents even more so). Maybe when this all clears up in a few years' time.

And with the Corby case, I just feel completely powerless as if I can't do anything, it's a foreign legal system which we can't affect in any way possible, and all we can do is wait and hope that whatever the truth is, justice will be served to her. I feel a little sorry though, for her pain and suffering right now.

HSC
i like it how that 60 minutes show said "...do we simply like the bali judges when they sentance(sp?) bali people to their death, but hate them when they send australians to death..." (this was before the final verdict was made, so it could of been death)

sugaryblue

Living on deficit
HSC
I think it will sound really stupid and ignorant if we boycott Bali just because of this case. Wasn't the Bali bombing more serious and provoke more resentment?

Is the sentence too harsh? It might seem harsh in Australian terms, but she is very lucky to have got that instead of life in one of those countries (Indonesia, Thailand, Singapore etc...) In worst case, it would be possible for her to get a death sentence!

Has the judges been fair? I cannot say, i suppose they want to grow an image that Bali isn't the place for drug smuggling and the government certainly does not tolerate it, and probably they are also trying to say that, just because you are Australian, don't think you can get away too easily.

Do i think Corby's guilty? No, because i have reasonable doubts. I think she is innocent, yet I don't know the whole story. Yet I am sure that she is probably not completely guilty. If she really smuggled those drugs, i would say, she is most guilty of stupidity, as most people have commented that Bali's probably abundant of those drugs and why would she risk it?

BUt what i believe is that, if she is innocent, I believe in miracles.

NoOb_ceNtRAL

HSC
wtf?

hey!

i totalli agree to the ppl who think its wrong to boycott bali!
wat do we think we are?? do we australians think we're dat good to get involved in a foreign judiciary system?
most of the australian people think she's innocent because the media's skewing of the whole story. dont let the media control our minds. it is true dat there is quite substantial evidence against her that we havent heard of yet here in australia. why?? because she is a pretty white australian. (5th generation)

if we try to boycott bali we're actualli blackmailing them! oh! dats the way to go!
blackmail the balinese into releasing a girl who's innocence we dont even know!

the worst blackmail i heard so far was to stop the billion dollar aid to indonesia
i srsli dont know wat goes on in ppl's heads but it cant be any good

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
What sickens me the most is people who would not give to the Salvation Army because they are worried that money will go to Indonesia.

That is plain racist.

Wesnat

BCom
HSC
Jumbo Cactuar said:
What sickens me the most is people who would not give to the Salvation Army because they are worried that money will go to Indonesia.

That is plain racist.

Another person created a topic on this. He was doing some Red Shield donation thingo and one person said to him: "I hope this doesn't go to Indonesia".

I'm like wtf?

Racist, double standards, words can't describe these kinds of people who are living in what they boast as a (more) civilised society.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)