WSU Chatter Thread (4 Viewers)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Re: UWS Chatter Thread

PBL is problem based learning. So its a tute where you get a hypothetical patient, you then have to diagnose and suggest treatment and management. You also have to research the mechanism of the disease (how it works in the body etc.). You have one sesh on monday to get introduced to the case and determine learning issues to research and one sesh on friday to finalise research and wrap the case up.

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC

guise try your best. A pass is good but it won't get you to those top tier firms. I don't know how med and nursing marks work or how they influence your career so i can't really comment on that.
And haha sitting on a distinction high distinction average at the moment but i dont want to stuff anything up. I'm sure my marks are going to go downhill soon so yeah.... Dont jinx me guys!
:( why you scare me for

mirakon

nigga
HSC

cool, what d you do in it? Is that pretty much learning on the wards?

I love my clinical times but I only go for 2 hours a week atm

thrillkiller

HSC

i know i love the clincal side of it. Yeah its fake wards though obviously haha, but its just learning all the actual skills and we have practicals randomly where we dissect things

muhahahahahaha

HSC

PBL is problem based learning. So its a tute where you get a hypothetical patient, you then have to diagnose and suggest treatment and management. You also have to research the mechanism of the disease (how it works in the body etc.). You have one sesh on monday to get introduced to the case and determine learning issues to research and one sesh on friday to finalise research and wrap the case up.
Wowowowowow that sounds so cool.

And theillkiller, clinical practice unit isn't that where you practice your nursing skills? How did you do with the real assessment btw?

And rookielaw, I'm not trying to scare you haha.

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC

is nursing fun thrillkiller? i remember i wanted to do nursing.. then i realised i was a dude :(

muahaha, muahahahaha!

mirakon

nigga
HSC

i know i love the clincal side of it. Yeah its fake wards though obviously haha, but its just learning all the actual skills and we have practicals randomly where we dissect things
What the----

i want to be a surgeon and we haven't done this yet! So jealous right now.....

thrillkiller

HSC

Wowowowowow that sounds so cool.

And theillkiller, clinical practice unit isn't that where you practice your nursing skills? How did you do with the real assessment btw?

And rookielaw, I'm not trying to scare you haha.
It was good, except it wasnt the "real" assessment so yeah, we'll see -.-
is nursing fun thrillkiller? i remember i wanted to do nursing.. then i realised i was a dude :(

muahaha, muahahahaha!
LMAO, there are guys doing my course you know, there are male nurses and apparently male nurses are called medics accordings to swiftnissity

mirakon

nigga
HSC

lol so far we have dissected a heart, a brain, an eyeball and done some things with chemicals
oh man i am shaking in envy

we did some cadaver work last week and had a look and feel of dissected parts but we haven't dissected anything ourselves yet.

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC

It was good, except it wasnt the "real" assessment so yeah, we'll see -.-

LMAO, there are guys doing my course you know, there are male nurses and apparently male nurses are called medics accordings to swiftnissity
I know but i wouldn't of been able to live it down with my mates laughing at me. :|

Plus.. i don't like the idea of giving someone else a bath and wiping their beeehinds.

thrillkiller

HSC

oh man i am shaking in envy

we did some cadaver work last week and had a look and feel of dissected parts but we haven't dissected anything ourselves yet.
oooh sounds interesting too though, when are you gonna start dissecting?
I know but i wouldn't of been able to live it down with my mates laughing at me. :|

Plus.. i don't like the idea of giving someone else a bath and wiping their beeehinds.
yeah but im becoming an RN, the ENs and AINs do the shit jobs muahaha ill get them to do it and also, there are many cool places to work as a nurse where you wont need to wipe ass and other disgusting things

mirakon

nigga
HSC

Probs start dissecting next semester hopefully :D so hyped for it omg

muhahahahahaha

HSC

Lol, speaking of giving people baths, did you watch that episode of Seinfeld yesterday? It was major lol, relates to this so mods pls don't move this to NS. So Georges mum was in hospital and one nigjt George comes to visit and this hot nurse walks in and then she goes to the hot patient behind tbe curtains and shesstarts bathing her and George is just sitting there staring. He comes in the next day at the same time and lol his mum is like George I'm hungry and he's like can you wait 10 minutes? Here have some tc tacs . So point is I could imagine rookie law wanting to change his career path to being a nurse in the future. see the moral of the story is wiping people down isn't such a bad thing.

Also you guys are making law/comm seem really boring. We don't do anything like that. we don't even do mooting which really sucks cos that's the fun part of law.

mirakon

nigga
HSC

to be fair doctors have to do a lot of gross stuff too haha

i guess it goes with anything in the health profession

mirakon

nigga
HSC

Lol, speaking of giving people baths, did you watch that episode of Seinfeld yesterday? It was major lol, relates to this so mods pls don't move this to NS. So Georges mum was in hospital and one nigjt George comes to visit and this hot nurse walks in and then she goes to the hot patient behind tbe curtains and shesstarts bathing her and George is just sitting there staring. He comes in the next day at the same time and lol his mum is like George I'm hungry and he's like can you wait 10 minutes? Here have some tc tacs . So point is I could imagine rookie law wanting to change his career path to being a nurse in the future. see the moral of the story is wiping people down isn't such a bad thing.

Also you guys are making law/comm seem really boring. We don't do anything like that. we don't even do mooting which really sucks cos that's the fun part of law.
this is actually surprising and kinda lame.

surely you do it in later years at least?

thrillkiller

HSC

lol yeah but the ratio of hot patients to not hot patients is like 1: 100 or something

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)