• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

WSU Chatter Thread (2 Viewers)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Re: UWS Chatter Thread

I know :'( wanted Debra to go,
in other news.. carpark was packed with people who had no permits or yellow permit people :frown2:
debra is a good cook but she was a bit of a bitch in the team challenge so yeah, not really that supportive of her after that.

lolwut, are those people students who cbf to put their permits, or visitors?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

to quote muhahahahahaha:

soz guys

pls stay on topic

or this will get moved :( :( :(

mirakon

nigga
HSC

we are technically on topic, we are talking about parking permits with a slight 3 post segue on masterchef :p

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC

Well, I just realised something (or, I realised this before and thought this'd be a nice time to bring it up).

If you put an 'N' in UWS. And rearrange the letters, you get: UNSW.

mind = blown

mirakon

nigga
HSC

Hahaha, this is me after exams:

hahahahahahahahahaha dying of laughter that is GOLD

i guess i'm preparing alright, good thing is that even if by some misfortune i fail all of my exams this sem, if i pass the rest of my assessments i still pass the year.

Not that I'm going to rely on that lol, aiming to get a D or HD. If I achieve this, then i will be stoked. If i don't but still pass, i'll still be happy :)

if i fail well..

Shooky_Nooky

HSC
Uni Grad

hahahahahahahahahaha dying of laughter that is GOLD

i guess i'm preparing alright, good thing is that even if by some misfortune i fail all of my exams this sem, if i pass the rest of my assessments i still pass the year.

Not that I'm going to rely on that lol, aiming to get a D or HD. If I achieve this, then i will be stoked. If i don't but still pass, i'll still be happy :)

if i fail well..

If my parents cared enough, it would be that ^ and then this:

Oh, and for anyone wanting move this thread, we're still on topic (exams and whatnot :p)

mirakon

nigga
HSC

lol my rents actually don't care about the marks i get. They say as long as I'm happy at uni they are happy :D

also dat pokemon cruelty :cry:

muhahahahahaha

HSC

Lol muaha, when are marks getting put on vuws?
It depends on when your teacher gets them marked. Sean then reviews the marks that your teacher has given him and then your mark is uploaded onto vuws if there are no marking issues.

muhahahahahaha

HSC

Exams, lol. I dont think anyone is really ever 100% "omg im so so ready for this exam". I went to this extra class for contract law yesterday night, it was on from 5-8pm and it was really helpful. They discussed setting out your answer and applying the legal principles to the facts of the case and making sure to include counter arguments because that'll make your argument stronger etc etc. Its not so much about making the right argument, its about making a persuasive argument and that was interesting. Then the lecturers said "Exams are unnatural and in the real world, your employer wont gather the employees, make them sit down and say okay you have 3 hours to complete this exam, no talking, no cell phones etc. because that's not how the real world works. No one can ever be completely ready for an exam, but one thing that is important that we believe that everyone takes for granted is the fact that you should also be MENTALLY ready for the exam. Going into the examination room with that extra bit of confidence will take your exam mark a very long way".

mirakon

nigga
HSC

is this a PASS session you're talking about?

mirakon

nigga
HSC

exams are good for theory, but when you apply for internships they care more about your practical experience. When you have a patient with a knife through their eye in front of you, they care more about you ability to deal with the situation rather than your knowledge as to what a mitochondria looks like

muhahahahahaha

HSC

is this a PASS session you're talking about?
No, it's this new program that they are running at the end of semester. This is the first unit that has ever done something of this nature. It was an exam skills workshop and it was really helpful.
PASS is only 1 hour long and students run it. This was run by actual lecturers.

muhahahahahaha

HSC

exams are good for theory, but when you apply for internships they care more about your practical experience. When you have a patient with a knife through their eye in front of you, they care more about you ability to deal with the situation rather than your knowledge as to what a mitochondria looks like
Exactly. In practicals and stuff, apparently UWS Law is one of the top unis...what drags us down compared to other unis (the more traditional ones) are our exam marks :/

mirakon

nigga
HSC

No, it's this new program that they are running at the end of semester. This is the first unit that has ever done something of this nature. It was an exam skills workshop and it was really helpful.
PASS is only 1 hour long and students run it. This was run by actual lecturers.
Hmmmm it would be cool if they introduced this into our course as well, seems really useful

also, tbh i think theory exams are definitely important too though, just to make sure you at least know the basics.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)