WSU Chatter Thread (2 Viewers)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Re: UWS Chatter Thread

umm because its a good thing to be doing, helping people,
and there's a lot of areas you can work in and different people you can be dealing with in your job as well etc
but its a lot of responsibility and you gotta be on top of it all aswell to be one, you should know lol
Yes but from what I gather you have really good intentions from pursuing your career. You also recognise its a lot of responsibility. In all honesty, these two things coupled together make me feel like you're on the right track if you pursue nursing.

Now of course, this is entirely your decision. If I didn't enjoy my degree, if I didn't feel it would provide me with a job I wanted to do, I would drop it, no questions asked. But in the end, not everything is going to be handed to you, and you have to work, sometimes REALLY REALLY hard to even go that extra inch. There will be times you feel worthless and shit because it feels really hard, but are you going to throw away everything you worked for because you're not willing to go that extra inch?

I have tremendous respect for nurses, and I know that not a single one of them is the type to lie down and give up when the going gets tough. Find that extra grit and determination and go at it. Unless you have another clear dream to aim for, there is no need to quit this path imo. If you need help I am sure that your family, friends, uni and people here on BoS will be here to support you :)

Hope you make the best decision for yourself.

thrillkiller

HSC

Yes but from what I gather you have really good intentions from pursuing your career. You also recognise its a lot of responsibility. In all honesty, these two things coupled together make me feel like you're on the right track if you pursue nursing.

Now of course, this is entirely your decision. If I didn't enjoy my degree, if I didn't feel it would provide me with a job I wanted to do, I would drop it, no questions asked. But in the end, not everything is going to be handed to you, and you have to work, sometimes REALLY REALLY hard to even go that extra inch. There will be times you feel worthless and shit because it feels really hard, but are you going to throw away everything you worked for because you're not willing to go that extra inch?

I have tremendous respect for nurses, and I know that not a single one of them is the type to lie down and give up when the going gets tough. Find that extra grit and determination and go at it. Unless you have another clear dream to aim for, there is no need to quit this path imo. If you need help I am sure that your family, friends, uni and people here on BoS will be here to support you :)

Hope you make the best decision for yourself.
See this is another thing, i know that if its not this its nothing. i have nothing else to go for. . some friends have been saying something similar to what you said and then others have been saying the opposite. but thankyou, i really appreciate what you said :) & will take it into consideration when or IF i ever reach a decision lol

mirakon

nigga
HSC

See this is another thing, i know that if its not this its nothing. i have nothing else to go for. . some friends have been saying something similar to what you said and then others have been saying the opposite. but thankyou, i really appreciate what you said :)
Well if you have nothing else, then best stick to what you got :)

I really think you're just going through a small phase, like most students do, and in a little while you will get over it, its natural and takes a bit of time.

And no worries, this community is here precisely as a network for students to not only talk to but support each other.

thrillkiller

HSC

Well if you have nothing else, then best stick to what you got :)

I really think you're just going through a small phase, like most students do, and in a little while you will get over it, its natural and takes a bit of time.

And no worries, this community is here precisely as a network for students to not only talk to but support each other.
Thankyou. I did think that i should continue doing this until i could find something else im confident in doing but then i feel like i would end up at the end of 3 years graduating with still no clue and hating my job and i really dont want that :(

mirakon

nigga
HSC

Thankyou. I did think that i should continue doing this until i could find something else im confident in doing but then i feel like i would end up at the end of 3 years graduating with still no clue and hating my job and i really dont want that :(
on the other hand, what guarantee do you have that if you drop and take another degree, that that will work out at the end?

Life has very few guarantees, so you just choose what looks like the "safest" path, in this case its the path that appeals to you most, that is nursing.

I've had a lot of people, including family, friends and doctors I've talked to try and talk me out of being a neurosurgeon. They say it will be too hard and stressful but the thing is atm I cannot say for certain whether or not this will be the case. I do not know whether I will be able to cope or not because right now I am nowhere near that position and it is many years down the track. Maybe I'll change my mind one day but for now at least i have a FOCUS, you know, something to strive for. There is a high probability that I won't make it, its ultra-competitive and I'm not exactly the most talented of students atm, but fuck it, I might as well give it a go, because ultimately that's what matters, that I am pursuing something that interests me and not wasting away my time being indecisive about stuff.

thrillkiller

HSC

on the other hand, what guarantee do you have that if you drop and take another degree, that that will work out at the end?

Life has very few guarantees, so you just choose what looks like the "safest" path, in this case its the path that appeals to you most, that is nursing.

I've had a lot of people, including family, friends and doctors I've talked to try and talk me out of being a neurosurgeon. They say it will be too hard and stressful but the thing is atm I cannot say for certain whether or not this will be the case. I do not know whether I will be able to cope or not because right now I am nowhere near that position and it is many years down the track. Maybe I'll change my mind one day but for now at least i have a FOCUS, you know, something to strive for. There is a high probability that I won't make it, its ultra-competitive and I'm not exactly the most talented of students atm, but fuck it, I might as well give it a go, because ultimately that's what matters, that I am pursuing something that interests me and not wasting away my time being indecisive about stuff.
thats true, i guess im just looking for an easier option because my course right now is just so challenging and if its like this now then it probably will just get worse. but i agree, it does appeal to me and im probably just letting my nerves get to me and affect my thinking.

also you should be a motivational speaker or something lol

also i think its better if other people say to you that you cant do it then you doubting your own self because when others tell you you cant do something it just makes you motivated and stronger to prove them wrong but if its your own insecurities its just tears you down

mirakon

nigga
HSC

Lol no im not motivational or anything haha I just tell it how it is. Its stuff most people think of but sometimes they're too emotional or stressed to see it

To be honest most courses are challenging, you'd be hard pressed to find a degree you can just wing through.

thrillkiller

HSC

Lol no im not motivational or anything haha I just tell it how it is. Its stuff most people think of but sometimes they're too emotional or stressed to see it

To be honest most courses are challenging, you'd be hard pressed to find a degree you can just wing through.
Lol yeah but its what i need to hear. its tough love kind of stuff that i like because it makes you toughen up and see straight instead of being a lil bitch haha

and also youre right all courses obviously are challenging in some ways but i think for different people they could personally find some more challenging or they can get taken out of their comfort zone etc.

mirakon

nigga
HSC

Lol yeah but its what i need to hear. its tough love kind of stuff that i like because it makes you toughen up and see straight instead of being a lil bitch haha

and also youre right all courses obviously are challenging in some ways but i think for different people they could personally find some more challenging or they can get taken out of their comfort zone etc.
True :)

Oh well, good luck!

muhahahahahaha

HSC

Worst thing is to change your mind I reckon, All those people that just randomly change degrees are really confused. If you finished highschool and you said to yourself okay I want to do nursing, then stick by that. Everything gets hard but you can work through it. God, my subjects last semester were a living nightmare but in the end I understood everything and I did well. A lot of people struggle in their first year of uni but I can assure you that after second semester, its pretty much smooth sailing.
Dont get scared because things are getting more difficult. Just work harder to improve. Spend time learning the material, dont rush learning and most importantly, have fun with the course. If you love what you do then you do better! :)

M

MichelleV

It just occurred to me...
I already know for sure I have a mid semester on 1 September

Got at least 2 assignments due in week 3 too :c

Already have lots to do. :c

Positive, my birthday is during the mid semester break :D
Yay not having to go to uni (and going to try and get the day off work too :p)

mirakon

nigga
HSC

have a groupwork assignment due in 4 weeks

collective cbf for now, we have agreed to start next week lol

twistedrebel

HSC

group work due on tuesday, havent even read spec. we'll get it done

mirakon

nigga
HSC

having a group where everyone thinks alike is da best feeling

unless of course everyone is lazy, but our group is pretty efficient and we did our first group presentation on wednesday quite well

RookieLaw

Audit.
HSC

oh, indeed.

Hate the first week of uni, feels really daunting and sort of having similar feelings as thrillkiller :/

muhahahahahaha

HSC

group work due on tuesday, havent even read spec. we'll get it done
Oh yeah cos UNSW starts a few weeks before UWS :/ I dont get why every uni starts at different times.
Thank god, this semester we have a choice between individul or group presentations/assignments. Im going solo because I dont want to get stuck with a crap group (and me ending up doing all the work). I really hope u have a fantastic group twistedrebel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)