• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

year 10 formal (3 Viewers)

HSC
aimhigh10 said:
is anyone going to a formal/social tomorrow night?
nope..mines on 14th november..a day after sc

but it got scrapped coz not enough people paid..
it was $96..about 80 people paid the deposit..
but didnt pay the $86 after..

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
RobfromAV said:
Well I'm not sure that whether you're leaving or not is really the point. Won't some of your friends be leaving - in which case, it's a good chance to give them an official 'goodbye'?
Luckily, none of my friends are leaving/dropping out.

A few people are dropping out but I don't even like them so its no biggie. :)

i love to act

HSC
My school's the worst!

Firstly, it's a $110 and its a compulsory fee!!

Secondly, we can only bring people who attend school (no TAFE guys etc.). To make sure we don't bring guys who have finished school, my year co-ordinator has to ring up all of the guys schools asking if they still attend school.

Then, we're not allowed to have pres or after's and if we do, expulsion will be set upon us. Usually, these are only threats and nothing more but these rules have been set since the first day of year 10. It's serious and we even got notes sent home telling our parents about it.

And lastly, our parents have to walk us in and out and we can't hire hummer's or limo's unless a parent is driving it. We won't be allowed in without a parent or guardian and won't be allowed out unless a parent of guardian comes to pick us up.

SERIOUSLY, THESE RULES ARE SO BLOODY STUPID!

Also, we can't be caught holding hands or we will be sent home. AND, we must be communicating with others not only on our own - our stupid teachers think we're talking 'sexually' -
D-U-M-B!

ALSO, our dresses have to be appropriate, because if they aren't - my year coordinator will let us borrow a huge jacket to put over our dresses!!

These rules are honestly ridiculous and after hearing them, I was turned off from going to our formal. But since we MUST pay the fee, I'll have to go.

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC
i love to act said:
My school's the worst!

Secondly, we can only bring people who attend school (no TAFE guys etc.). To make sure we don't bring guys who have finished school, my year co-ordinator has to ring up all of the guys schools asking if they still attend school.

Then, we're not allowed to have pres or after's and if we do, expulsion will be set upon us. Usually, these are only threats and nothing more but these rules have been set since the first day of year 10. It's serious and we even got notes sent home telling our parents about it.

And lastly, our parents have to walk us in and out and we can't hire hummer's or limo's unless a parent is driving it. We won't be allowed in without a parent or guardian and won't be allowed out unless a parent of guardian comes to pick us up.

Also, we can't be caught holding hands or we will be sent home. AND, we must be communicating with others not only on our own - our stupid teachers think we're talking 'sexually' -
D-U-M-B!

ALSO, our dresses have to be appropriate, because if they aren't - my year coordinator will let us borrow a huge jacket to put over our dresses!!

These rules are honestly ridiculous and after hearing them, I was turned off from going to our formal. But since we MUST pay the fee, I'll have to go.
what the fuck lol
what school do you go to

speedofsound

HSC
i love to act said:
My school's the worst!

D-U-M-B!

That is quite possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

kara42

HSC
Our school didn't want to give us a Year 10 formal.
We made our own one - booked a place, made invitations, got decorations, arranged parental supervision etc. and it was really good. There were only about 20 students in the grade at the time, and we all put $30 each in and that was enough. The kids who had boy/girlfriends out of school brought them, but they had to pay too.

It was a really good night.

TBK11

HSC
i love to act said:
My school's the worst!

D-U-M-B!

That is insane does your year coordinator have a life?
Does he/she know what the word "Fun" means
my god thats insane, it has to be complusory? ouch...

suzlee

HSC
i love to act, your school should be on the news................

studentcheese

HSC
suzlee said:
I'm wondering;

How much does it cost at your school to attend the formal?
I mean just the pure cost of attending, minus your dress or whatever else.
$110 each person. And that is why I'm not going :sleep: I'm so cheap :rolleyes:

HSC
You get a formal, we get a 'disco', but everyone calls it a social: to encourage people to not go 'all out' on hair, makeup, dresses, suits, stretch hummers etc

At our school, they have changed the formal date 3 times, and the date they're currently on (December 5) happens to be our last day of lessons.

Before, we already finished lessons so we could spend the day at home bludging and then there would be enough time for hair+makeup etc. But now, it is compulsary for us to attend school that day, otherwise we are not allowed to go to the social at all! And some teachers are saying that us girls who have hair appointments, arent allowed to go home at lunch time either :mad1:

For us girls, we have rules about dresses, as we are a casual school: no strapless, no singlet/shoelace style dresses and they should be able to see no cleavage, no short short dresses, no backless/cut out dresses : our principal stands at the door and physically inspects us before we are allowed in and will turn people away if dressed innapropriately!

How fun!

Broke up with boyfriend, therefore looking forward to being single and having an awesome time with friends!!!!!!

Oh, and no people allowed from outside of school either

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
at my school, it costs $50 and its going to be at the school hall.

i reckon thats expensive for something only going to be held at the school...and all these rules set upon us.

i refuse to go to any formal (personal reasons)..but since my school are the biggest cheapskates, i probably wouldn't have gone anyway.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Ours costs $60 and is at some RSL, meh iono if I should go, the people in my grade well lets just say that most of them are idiots, sounds kind of crap to go and be stuck around idiots, they'll probably be asked to leave anyway haha but meh i'm still thinking

Garra

HSC
omg u guys r lucky our formal is $100 per ticket n the deposit is $30 n for my partner too so $260 noooooooooooooooooooooooo:mad1:

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
i love to act said:
My school's the worst!

D-U-M-B!

Your school rules are horrible. I do feel a bit sorry for you guys at Kincoppal :(

MissGiggles

HSC
you would think it was the catholic schools that would go all out trying to seperate guys and girls but thats the least of our year co-ordinator's worries. his forbidden f word is formal, calling it a "dinner dance" to try and stop people going all out. come on! it makes us sound like country hicks! it is costing each of us $120 which also covers "awareness week" which is a scam to get us to stay with excursions every day.i am meeting my boyfriend there because i think the whole limo thing is gay and we have to start with a graduation mass with our parents (how gay one bad side of catholic schools). my best friend didnt invite me on her limo for an hour coz there wasn't enough room so screw that. after an hour in a stuffy cathedral listening to how "sad" our principal is to get rid of us (my bet is he will wear pink again) we ditch the parents and cross over to a nearby hall.the only problem with a mixed group of mostly couples is that some of my friends (both girls and guys) dont want to come without a partner :( which sux but ill have my gawges bf anyway :)

i love to act

HSC
MissGiggles said:
you would think it was the catholic schools that would go all out trying to seperate guys and girls but thats the least of our year co-ordinator's worries. his forbidden f word is formal, calling it a "dinner dance" to try and stop people going all out. come on! it makes us sound like country hicks! it is costing each of us $120 which also covers "awareness week" which is a scam to get us to stay with excursions every day.i am meeting my boyfriend there because i think the whole limo thing is gay and we have to start with a graduation mass with our parents (how gay one bad side of catholic schools). my best friend didnt invite me on her limo for an hour coz there wasn't enough room so screw that. after an hour in a stuffy cathedral listening to how "sad" our principal is to get rid of us (my bet is he will wear pink again) we ditch the parents and cross over to a nearby hall.the only problem with a mixed group of mostly couples is that some of my friends (both girls and guys) dont want to come without a partner :( which sux but ill have my gawges bf anyway :)
That's exactly like Kincoppal! So stupid!
We also have to call it a 'dinner dance' lol.
Graduation mass? LOL!

HSC
We have a mass and our 'social', but they're completely separate: our social is purely...social and there no type of religious thing whatsoever. :)

charlesdinio

HSC
omggg.. everyones rules are so strict!
im a kings boy, both our year 10 and 12 formals were about $110 PP, we could take anyone and there was no teachers or anything involved.
The school helped organise it but didn't restrict anything.
my year 12 formal was a few weeks ago and exact same deal!
cant believe some of the rules... jokeeeeeeee.

btw girl who goes to kincoppal, im pretty sure i went to a 'leadership' thing at ur school, and if its the school im thinking of it was heaps nice!
but i forget to be honest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)