Year 10 school certificate results 2011 (1 Viewer)

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, The Mean in the science was just over 75 and SD of around 10. About 68% were band 4 or above

In maths mean was 70, SD of 12.5. Only 47% of students band 4 or above -- 21% of students were Band 2!! Compared to 5% in Science and 3% in English!!!

Lina3

HSC
Yes, The Mean in the science was just over 75 and SD of around 10. About 68% were band 4 or above

In maths mean was 70, SD of 12.5. Only 47% of students band 4 or above -- 21% of students were Band 2!! Compared to 5% in Science and 3% in English!!!
Thanks! Just wondering...were did you get this info?? BTW could you tell me what SD is??
So nervous about maths O_O

Last edited:

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
do u have history/geo stats?
I'd say history would be a lot of high bands(5 and 6), as my school had 13 band 6's in history this year and we normally only get like 6. I know so far I've got a band 6 in maths and history, and by looking at 88% of the state getting atleast band 4 in English, I'd say I have a good chance at getting a band 6 for English too. But science is making me nervous, no idea how I went lol.

@fizzy_cyst, since the average for maths was so bad, do you think a raw mark of 99 might allign to 100?

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd say history would be a lot of high bands(5 and 6), as my school had 13 band 6's in history this year and we normally only get like 6. I know so far I've got a band 6 in maths and history, and by looking at 88% of the state getting atleast band 4 in English, I'd say I have a good chance at getting a band 6 for English too. But science is making me nervous, no idea how I went lol.

@fizzy_cyst, since the average for maths was so bad, do you think a raw mark of 99 might allign to 100?
Probably....
I reckon an 88 raw would be cut-off for band 6!
I hope to get all band 6s *fingers crossed* even if they're the lowest band 6s xD

alex122

HSC
ive already finished school :) apparently my school said we have to pick them up if we want to

Alkanes

HSC
School certificate are not aligned i think. It's your raw mark for w/e you will get.

Meh sif i care anyways xD

RealiseNothing

HSC
School certificate are not aligned i think. It's your raw mark for w/e you will get.

Meh sif i care anyways xD
Apparently they set band cut-offs each year, so the marks have to be alligned. My history teacher marked one of the short answers for history this year and said that, so I'm guessing she's right.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
SC is aligned in exactly the same way as the HSC. I have been on aligning panels (called judges) when others in the room have been doing the aligning for SC and I have worked with a person who has been on that panel.

Last edited:

Eg155

HSC
88% of the state getting band 4 or above...

There are kids at my school who cant even spell their name correctly and got band 4

I cannot understand how such a test could be valid
where did you find this out?

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
He's a teacher lol, schools already have all the stats for how many got what band.
+1 :)

Here is a summary of them all:

Subject Mean SD
English - Literacy 77 9
Mathematics 71 12.5
Science 75 10
History 72.5 11
Geography 72 11
Computing Skills 79 12

OH1995

HSC
I got a band 6 in every subject :caffeine:, my school told me today. But we should get our certificates on Friday for us because we're not at school, therefore they have to mail them to us with our reports.

PS. When you see this I know you will laugh, you know who you are: DINKY, DINKY, DINKY, DINKY, DINKY, DINKY, DINKY, DINKY, DINKY, DINKY, DINKY.

MATHmaster

HSC
N/A
So far only the students who performed well (topping the grade) in their subjects were recognised in my school. I know I got a high band 6 in Math (97) which was announced in class. Unfortunately I didn't get a band 6 in English but I'm now wishing for a high Band 5. The rest of my results were unknown to me, so anything is possible! :spzz:

RealiseNothing

HSC
So far only the students who performed well (topping the grade) in their subjects were recognised in my school. I know I got a high band 6 in Math (97) which was announced in class. Unfortunately I didn't get a band 6 in English but I'm now wishing for a high Band 5. The rest of my results were unknown to me, so anything is possible! :spzz:
Do you know what raw mark you got for maths? If not officially, what do you think you got?

zombies

HSC
One of my friends said that my school was going to mail the results to us tomorrow (tomorrow is our last day) so hopefully that means I'll get it on Friday.

J-Ed

HSC
Though the didn't tell us directly, some people in my school were able to collect their SC results today...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)