Year 11 2013 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

iEatOysters

HSC
I don't think you're allowed to. Well, I wasn't. We weren't even allowed to use related texts that came from the HSC EE1 syllabus.

Btw, can someone assist me with this induction question? D:
Prove by induction that the sum of the angles of a polygon with n sides is n-2 straight angles. [HINT: Dissect the (k+1)-gon into a k-gon and a triangle]
Sorry and thanks in advance!

Last edited:

princess112

HSC
hi, I'm struggling with business just wondering if anyone is kind enough to lend me their notes

CassieMissSassy

HSC
hey guys, i have recently just started an OTEN course and re-doing my YEar11 and Year12 :) Anyone know cheaper alternatives for textbooks ?? I am doing PDHPE, Ancient History, Modern History, Information Technology, Children's Services and English Standard...??
In dire need of help and advice :)

enoilgam

HSC
hey guys, i have recently just started an OTEN course and re-doing my YEar11 and Year12 :) Anyone know cheaper alternatives for textbooks ?? I am doing PDHPE, Ancient History, Modern History, Information Technology, Children's Services and English Standard...??
In dire need of help and advice :)
Well, you can try the BoS resource section if you don't want to buy a textbook. But still, I think for most subjects, a good textbook is needed.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
You can use HSC prescribed texts as related text throughout year eleven, your teacher just can't teach them to you in class. You can do whatever you want as a related text (seriously that doesn't just go for HSC prescribed texts, you can do pretty much anything you want. A girl in my class chose an interpretative dance thing called 'EXERGIE -butter dance' which actually just features a woman moving around *ahem* 'dancing' sorry, on twenty blocks of butter in heels, with a serious af expression).

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Most people don't include the second 'a' because it's not the biblical spelling. I like it better with the extra 'a' but I'm probably biased :)

Wonder

HSC
Most people don't include the second 'a' because it's not the biblical spelling. I like it better with the extra 'a' but I'm probably biased :)
I like it as 'Rachael' too actually (it's not my name though ;))

Random question - what extracurricular stuff do you guys do? I know this is a topic that has come up on the forums before but was curious about the rest of the 2014ers...has anyone cut down from Year 10? I'm actually doing more stuff than I did last year...

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I like it as 'Rachael' too actually (it's not my name though )

Random question - what extracurricular stuff do you guys do? I know this is a topic that has come up on the forums before but was curious about the rest of the 2014ers...has anyone cut down from Year 10? I'm actually doing more stuff than I did last year...
I had two jobs and did competitive kick-boxing and three forms of martial arts in year ten. I only kept one of my jobs, stopped all of the martial arts and only do kickboxing for fun now. Maintaining the level of fitness not to get killed in martial arts and kickboxing was too hard along with 15-20 hours of homework/study/assignments a week, so was working two jobs to try to fund my exchange at the end of the year (especially since I also voluntarily teach guitar as well). I don't know how people are managing to take up more activities, I guess I'm just lazy.

And thanks haha :)

Last edited:

Verify

HSC
I like it as 'Rachael' too actually (it's not my name though ;))

Lol, I used to do heaps last year, enough to earn me some random 'gold' certificate for x amount of hours (can't remember). Now, I do none, mainly because I don't need to anymore nor won't it benefit me for the rest of high school.

Wonder

HSC
Ahh, well I did a lot less than you guys in Year 10. Piano, enviro rep, school yearbook team, a bit of sport during some terms...that's it. Now I do the above (+being assistant editor for school yearbook), Amnesty (with leadership role), video editing stuff for clubs, volunteering and badminton (continuously), and I might be signing up to do some more volunteering stuff with the Salvos...pretty much *just* manageable along with the workload, for me.

Wonder

HSC
Wow haha, how do you have the time? Can I ask why you do it all?
Well, the stuff with clubs & volunteering isn't as much as it sounds, it's only a meeting every two weeks and just organising stuff when there's events planned, and I work in a team too so when the work gets spread out it's really not that much! Badminton is only an hour and a half every week; piano is the only thing I find difficult to manage sometimes because of all the practice. Actually I have a few friends who do way more than this, some of them with 14 units too, and they still manage to do well in every subject and seem to have more of a social life than I do. xD

i just do it because I like it, I guess =) and I like to have something else to focus on which isn't study.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Well, the stuff with clubs & volunteering isn't as much as it sounds, it's only a meeting every two weeks and just organising stuff when there's events planned, and I work in a team too so when the work gets spread out it's really not that much! Badminton is only an hour and a half every week; piano is the only thing I find difficult to manage sometimes because of all the practice. Actually I have a few friends who do way more than this, some of them with 14 units too, and they still manage to do well in every subject and seem to have more of a social life than I do. xD

i just do it because I like it, I guess =) and I like to have something else to focus on which isn't study.
Nope, I'm way too lazy for that haha. What are your subjects?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)