Year 11 2013 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

pheelx3

l33t
HSC
No, your preliminary course finishes in a few more days, but you don't become year 12 until next year. Some schools might choose to call you year 12 next term, but they are only pandering to your desires - it is not official.
what the fuck are you on about?
Study for your HSC year will begin in Term 4 for most students, meaning you officially start Year 12 around October. You will be required to read the Rules and Procedures for the Higher School Certificate before starting your HSC year. Your school will give you a copy, and it is also on the Board’s website.
from http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/manuals/studying-hsc.html

So yeah stop thinking you know everything lol. I understand it says "most" but you're just naïve for thinking its not official.

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
One must conserve energy when it comes to pointless arguments as when year 12 'starts'.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I think the real question is when do we swap to the year 12 chit chat thread?!

Haruka

HSC
Camp was okay; the only bad part was being shoved in a cabin with the one person whose head I want to rip off. No hard feelings towards our year advisor, this was just a bad decision on her part.

The reason why I don't fit in is because I go to a rather small school and everyone found their groups of friends on the orientation day when we were just year sixes. (Starting to sound like Looking for Alibrandi yet? Shoutouts to anyone else in Standard who had to read it) There still isn't a single person I can really relate to in my year; my best friend's already graduated and really busy with TAFE so we barely see each other. Very few people at my school are interested in Asian culture and stuff, so it isn't easy. And the one person who is happens to be a bit funny in the head... (see above. I just can't keep my cool with her)

Going to try and make the most of year 12 and prove everyone wrong by studying hard from day 1. Picked out a jersey name, too: Hideyoshi, after the Japanese historical figure since he's my greatest hero.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forum Fiend v1.0.

iEatOysters

HSC
Aw, that must suck :( Are you new to the school? Or has it always been like that?

And watching the year 12s graduate makes me incredibly sad... :( We'll be in that position in one year's time :(

Haruka

HSC
Always been this way, since I started at the school in year 7. Honestly, I don't mind... I prefer being alone to spending time with my year-mates, who are pretty boring. You know your year's screwed up when half of them smoke weed and the other half still listen to One Direction, and some do both.

HSC2014

HSC
N/A
Why not move schools? :(

Side note: When do we get a year 12 2014 chit chat thread :D

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Well unless we're forced to stay in year 11 forever :p like groundhog day

Haruka

HSC
HSC2014 said:
Why not move schools? :(

Side note: When do we get a year 12 2014 chit chat thread :D
Not allowed to move schools. Parents say "you're fine where you are" and they want me to go to a school where they can deal with my anxiety problems, so I'm stuck at this dumping ground.

eliserose

HSC
Hi there year 12s!

I'm a 2004 grad currently doing some research into teen consumption of energy drinks.

Do you think they help you concentrate and study better? Perhaps you drink them so you can party for longer?

Would you mind helping me by filling out this two minute survey? It's completely anonymous so you can be totally honest.

https://docs.google.com/a/australia...-TVNmoc2702yXQc7DyPj3CnkIHl8LAUPP7qQ/viewform

THANK YOU! and.. Good luck with your exams.:smile:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)