Year 11 2013 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Verify

HSC
Modern, English and Chemistry down. Most annoying thing to realise during the exam that you made a mistake and run out of time at the end to correct it :/ Funny to see how strict some schools are about missing assessments since a girl in my class planned an overseas holiday during our yearlies and just got estimates for everything
Isn't that the norm?

Wonder

HSC
Funny to see how strict some schools are about missing assessments since a girl in my class planned an overseas holiday during our yearlies and just got estimates for everything
If that happened at my school you'd get zero for all of them xD

iEatOysters

HSC
FINALLY DONE. THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN THIS IMMENSE SENSE OF LIBERATION.
Eco and Extension English were complete disasters, though. Ah well.

Erique

Writ in water
HSC
Aced "1984" English paper.
Did okayish in the SOR1 paper.
Aced Othello/Poetry essays.
Aced Ancient History.
Fucked up Modern History.
Aced Visual Arts.
Aced Extension English.

I was largely confident with the majority of the papers. I hope the marks reflect how well I thought I did... but you know... things happen.

Haruka

HSC
Chemistry exam killed me. I studied, but only worked on the things that I remembered I was weak in. So much subject regret right now.

Off to camp tomorrow... I've given up on trying to fit in and am lonely, so it's going to be hell.

enoilgam

HSC
Off to camp tomorrow... I've given up on trying to fit in and am lonely, so it's going to be hell.
Why are you having so much trouble fitting in? To be honest, the best times at school are the ones with your mates - that's the sort of stuff you remember.

Ally2014

HSC
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. You'll get through it though. If you really can't make friends with the people, think of it positively, you'll have heaps of time to focus on your studies, get a good atar and go to uni where you will meet tons of people just like you! Best of luck! Don't even get me started on subject regret haha!

Verify

HSC
Chemistry exam killed me. I studied, but only worked on the things that I remembered I was weak in. So much subject regret right now.

Ahh I know exactly how you feel.

PM me if you want to talk, since I can't PM you for some reason .

Aysce

HSC
Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that. You'll get through it though. If you really can't make friends with the people, think of it positively, you'll have heaps of time to focus on your studies, get a good atar and go to uni where you will meet tons of people just like you! Best of luck! Don't even get me started on subject regret haha!
This.

Maintain an optimistic attitude and look forward to university! I was in a similar position to you - never really fit in in high school since I just didn't have much in common with other people. Come uni, I've met a LOT of great people and am having a blast :)

Ally2014

HSC
This.

Maintain an optimistic attitude and look forward to university! I was in a similar position to you - never really fit in in high school since I just didn't have much in common with other people. Come uni, I've met a LOT of great people and am having a blast :)
So glad you're having a great time! Good to hear that things actually get better at uni! Thinking forward/positively is what keeps me going, I'd be lost without it.

Ally2014

HSC
Just going to be random, but is anyone else strangely looking forward to HSC (next term for nsw ppl)? I think the reason I am is because I really regret the amount of effort I put in this year even though I got ok marks. I really wanna be motivated, work hard and get great marks for HSC. I guess I'm just looking forward to the fresh start because prelim work is just so unorganized and I just want to chuck it out. Ughhh. Anyone else!?

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I actually get this so much, the only group of people I have ever fit in with graduates in two days. Everyone in my year wants to kill me because of my rankings. But on the bright side, we'll pull out some pretty damn impressive creative pieces with regards to feelings of not belonging?

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad

braintic

HSC
N/A
Year 11 has nearly finished, just a few more days ...
No, your preliminary course finishes in a few more days, but you don't become year 12 until next year. Some schools might choose to call you year 12 next term, but they are only pandering to your desires - it is not official.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)