• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 2013 Chit Chat Thread (4 Viewers)

SuchSmallHands

HSC
I'm getting an 80-85 ATAR
Doing UWS comm/law
Completing boring and menial work until 2AM
Paying off my Chatswood townhouse until I'm 38 =)
Yeah, despite my recognition of the fact that pretty much every who does law hates law, I'm aiming for UNSW LLB/B.Inst :D

Verify

HSC
Yeah, despite my recognition of the fact that pretty much every who does law hates law, I'm aiming for UNSW LLB/B.Inst :D
That used to be what I wanted to do until I realised the unrealistic ATAR goal for me + the unrewarding features of being associated with law. But hey, that's just me, and things could change.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
That used to be what I wanted to do until I realised the unrealistic ATAR goal for me + the unrewarding features of being associated with law. But hey, that's just me, and things could change.
Recently given up any aspirations to work in corporate law (made the classic mistake of meeting corporate lawyers) so now I'm hoping to graduate straight to the ICC/ICJ? But seriously, looks like many years of being ecstatic over unpaid UN internernships in my future. The ATAR goal's unrealistic for me too, since I'm only really aiming for 97 in all seriousness (let's face it, everyone is aiming for 99.95, it's just not many people are actually expecting it). Hoping to get into international studies (won't be too hard, I think the 2013 cutoff was 94) and pray for acceptance into an internal transfer to law.

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Recently given up any aspirations to work in corporate law (made the classic mistake of meeting corporate lawyers) so now I'm hoping to graduate straight to the ICC/ICJ? But seriously, looks like many years of being ecstatic over unpaid UN internernships in my future. The ATAR goal's unrealistic for me too, since I'm only really aiming for 97 in all seriousness (let's face it, everyone is aiming for 99.95, it's just not many people are actually expecting it). Hoping to get into international studies (won't be too hard, I think the 2013 cutoff was 94) and pray for acceptance into an internal transfer to law.
Pray? To enter into boring and menial work?

What a tedious mentality you are operating your life by!

Enjoy the rat race, kiddo!

HSC
Whoa, there a lot of questions son. But because of you interest I shall elaborate:
What topic?
It was a personality study of Vo Giap (Syllabus B7: Decolonisation of Indochina. Dot points covered: growth of Vietnamese communism/nationalism + defeat of France)

Is it an essay?
Yes

How long did it take?
Saturday afternoon

Is it revision for the half yearly?
It was our half yearly assessment, at our school not all of our half yearly assessment are in-class tests (which is nice :D ).

Is it interesting?
As a topic, it was one of the best topics I've done in history so far. As an essay, it was super-dry and hard to research because of the way the question was phrased and there were very limited resources directly answering the question

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Whoa, there a lot of questions son. But because of you interest I shall elaborate:

It was a personality study of Vo Giap (Syllabus B7: Decolonisation of Indochina. Dot points covered: growth of Vietnamese communism/nationalism + defeat of France)

Yes

Saturday afternoon

It was our half yearly assessment, at our school not all of our half yearly assessment are in-class tests (which is nice :D ).

As a topic, it was one of the best topics I've done in history so far. As an essay, it was super-dry and hard to research because of the way the question was phrased and there were very limited resources directly answering the question
Out half yearly on decolonisation in Indochina was murderous. Four essays, two hours and nine booklets. Fairly jealous.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Holy poo that's fairly steep. Essay on each dot point? Though admittedly it's probably better preparation for those who want to do extension next year
Loosely, the questions were a bit more specific though (outline the features of the French administration in Indochina, describe the role of the Viet Minh in the French defeat, etc.) It was not fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)