• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 11 2014 Chat :) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
lol I think we do. but this is my dilemma exactly, idk if I want to be doing 12 units with 4u maths as one of the subjects
Neither do I

I hope I go well in the other subjects so that I can drop Business as well and keep four subjects

turntaker

HSC
Ok then, my plan is to do 4 unit maths, adv english, physics, chemistry and music which is 12 units.
Pretty much the thought that I might leave music made my teacher worried since I am rank 1.. I told her I will see if I can handle the workload and decide after the 1st term.

matchalolz

HSC
Neither do I

I hope I go well in the other subjects so that I can drop Business as well and keep four subjects
I sort of want to drop business studies as well
my impression of business studies: now make sure you've memorise the whole textbook before the next exam, read the textbook, know the textbook, BE the textbook.

me: NO.

but then I'm probably going to keep it because one of my subjects is really risky

matchalolz

HSC
Ok then, my plan is to do 4 unit maths, adv english, physics, chemistry and music which is 12 units.
Pretty much the thought that I might leave music made my teacher worried since I am rank 1.. I told her I will see if I can handle the workload and decide after the 1st term.
sounds like a good plan :)

matchalolz

HSC
da engrish?
nup, I do a TVET subject financial services and I have no idea what the scaling is like. The HSC mark is based only on your final HSC exam. I don't want to drop this subject though because I'm getting 90-95% and I can push this up if I start studying. Also, it's like a stress free subject and I would like to keep it in case I ever plan on doing accounting in the future. (plus my parents really want me to keep it and are even suggesting to drop maths extension if I get too stressed by school). Besides english extension I like all my subjects and want to keep them all but I'm not sure if I can handle 4 unit maths along with 11 units

turntaker

HSC
nup, I do a TVET subject financial services and I have no idea what the scaling is like. The HSC mark is based only on your final HSC exam. I don't want to drop this subject though because I'm getting 90-95% and I can push this up if I start studying. Also, it's like a stress free subject and I would like to keep it in case I ever plan on doing accounting in the future. (plus my parents really want me to keep it and are even suggesting to drop maths extension if I get too stressed by school). Besides english extension I like all my subjects and want to keep them all but I'm not sure if I can handle 4 unit maths along with 11 units
lol.. my teacher said to us if you cant do 3-4 hours of maths every day don't consider doing 4 unit.

As of now, I can't even study 4 hours..

matchalolz

HSC
lol.. my teacher said to us if you cant do 3-4 hours of maths every day don't consider doing 4 unit.

As of now, I can't even study 4 hours..
High five, I can't even hit the 4 hour mark too :p

I'm too scared to ask my maths teacher what she thinks about me doing 4 unit maths. At parent teacher night she said that my marks were good but then gave me a whole 5 minute rant on my crap time management (after I told her that I caught up on my maths homework in the holidays after months of being behind). I'm going to try and show her that I can keep up to date with my homework before I ask her

Axio

=o
HSC

I'm too scared to ask my maths teacher what she thinks about me doing 4 unit maths. At parent teacher night she said that my marks were good but then gave me a whole 5 minute rant on my crap time management (after I told her that I caught up on my maths homework in the holidays after months of being behind). I'm going to try and show her that I can keep up to date with my homework before I ask her
Lol, you probably shouldn't have said that.

turntaker

HSC
That must include school hours...
no thats just extra in your own time. It could be during free periods.
Well if I do 4 unit maths I will have 3 subjects free and I could do 2 hours at school every day and then I could do another 2 at home.

turntaker

HSC

Don't worry, you will be able to do 4 unit. Just put the hours in..
It sucks you don't have extension in the morning meaning you won't have many free periods though.

Axio

=o
HSC
no thats just extra in your own time. It could be during free periods.
Well if I do 4 unit maths I will have 3 subjects free and I could do 2 hours at school every day and then I could do another 2 at home.
How could you do 2 hours at school every day? How many frees do you have :eek:?

matchalolz

HSC
Lol, you probably shouldn't have said that.
long story short, on that same day I happened to ask her like 5 questions (since I had just caught up on my hw) and at the interview she told me that I shouldn't "save up" questions and should ask her gradually. Then to justify my reasons I told her that following statement but did not realise that I probably shouldn't have said it. Her facial expression was priceless though :devil:

matchalolz

HSC
Don't worry, you will be able to do 4 unit. Just put the hours in..
It sucks you don't have extension in the morning meaning you won't have many free periods though.
I have 10 free periods already (around 1 hour each) and if I drop eng ext and take up 4u, I'll have 13 frees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)