Year 11 2014 Chat :) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
Idk. Maths makes me feel hopeless and like I'm a total idiot cost can't do some things. My confidence is literally non - existent with everything now. Worst time too with the yearlies coming up.
I for one have not been in this situation, but you shouldn't let that maths mark deter you!

That just means you aren't so good at maths! Have a positive mindset :). It doesn't mean you are stupid or anything

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Idk. Maths makes me feel hopeless and like I'm a total idiot cost can't do some things. My confidence is literally non - existent with everything now. Worst time too with the yearlies coming up.
How much effort are you putting into maths?

rawrliongirl

HSC
I for one have not been in this situation, but you shouldn't let that maths mark deter you!

That just means you aren't so good at maths! Have a positive mindset :). It doesn't mean you are stupid or anything
Ik I'm not good at maths..:( But since yearlies last year I've been failing. In year 9 or 10 when my marks started to go down I started losing confidence with maths until now I just fail every time. I remember when I used to be upset getting like 80% :|

rawrliongirl

HSC
How much effort are you putting into maths?
I try. I do my hw. I listen in class. But then I get home and I get completely lost and stuff. When I study for maths I go over the notes and do practice questions and I feel alright but then I go into the test and go dafuq is this and then end up failing.

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
I try. I do my hw. I listen in class. But then I get home and I get completely lost and stuff. When I study for maths I go over the notes and do practice questions and I feel alright but then I go into the test and go dafuq is this and then end up failing.
You said the issue right there.

When you go in the test you have trouble!

Maybe you are stressing too much during and prior to the exam.
When you stress, you'll have a lower performance

rawrliongirl

HSC
I don't think my stress helps either. I stress out heaps cos I get scared ill fail and then I get to the test and if I don't know a question I panic even though I try to stay calm and then idk.. everything keeps spiralling down and down with every exam I sit.

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think my stress helps either. I stress out heaps cos I get scared ill fail and then I get to the test and if I don't know a question I panic even though I try to stay calm and then idk.. everything keeps spiralling down and down with every exam I sit.
Your revision is fine.

You just gotta learn to control your stress :)

I was waiting for you to say that

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Like nerd said, stress is your Achilles heel. Think positive - the night before the exam, imagine yourself acing the maths with full confidence. And with that frame of mind the day after, you should be fine. :)

Last edited:

turntaker

HSC
do some timed practice papers at home. That may help. Also do past hsc questions or any hard questions. Don't just do easy questions and say "I don't need to do any more"

rawrliongirl

HSC
Your revision is fine.

You just gotta learn to control your stress :)

I was waiting for you to say that
Aha. well idk how to control it cos I've always stressed so much with everything D: OMG imagine me in the HSC I'll probably die from a heart attack or something before my first exam.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Aha. well idk how to control it cos I've always stressed so much with everything D: OMG imagine me in the HSC I'll probably die from a heart attack or something before my first exam.
If stress is a big problem, then I suggest you take action. Do you have a counselor at your school?

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
Well there we go

You are stressed before and after.

Hmmmm

Have you spoke to anyone about it?

If you do nothing ... Then it will all go out unexpectedly and you'll probably have a mental breakdown

rawrliongirl

HSC
If stress is a big problem, then I suggest you take action. Do you have a counselor at your school?
Yeah we have a counselor. Stress, anxiety and depressed thoughts Kill my life and idk how to get rid of them.
take some medication to reduce stress or something
What kind of meds? I suggested that to my dad once but he said I should just go work out when I'm stressed cos it relieves stress from the endorphins.

rawrliongirl

HSC
Well there we go

You are stressed before and after.

Hmmmm

Have you spoke to anyone about it?

If you do nothing ... Then it will all go out unexpectedly and you'll probably have a mental breakdown
I've tried talking to people but they're no help. Mental/ emotional breakdowns and things are normal for me now. D:

nerdasdasd

HSC
Uni Grad
I've tried talking to people but they're no help. Mental/ emotional breakdowns and things are normal for me now. D:
They shouldn't be, then talk to more people :)

Maybe consider lightening your workload ?

You need to hunt down and remove the sources of your stress and/or have some management techniques

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)