Year 11 2014 Chat :) (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Yeah same, which subject are you worried about?

I just starting writing notes this arvo.
Mainly Chem and Bio. (defs not science orientated lol)

But I can probs pass with the latter since it requires just memorising which can be done. Whereas the former needs time to cement the concepts and because I was away at school for a week due to other commitments, I've fallen behind so I'm pretty much stuffed for chem.

But all in all, I'm not ready for any of my subjects because even though I have my notes collated and past papers at my disposal, I don't know crap. :haha:

Axio

=o
HSC
Mainly Chem and Bio. (defs not science orientated lol)

But I can probs pass with the latter since it requires just memorising which can be done. Whereas the former needs time to cement the concepts and because I was away at school for a week due to other commitments, I've fallen behind so I'm pretty much stuffed for chem.

But all in all, I'm not ready for any of my subjects because even though I have my notes collated and past papers at my disposal, I don't know crap. :haha:
I'm sure you'll be fine with bio. And I agree, chem does require the understanding of concepts rather than just memorisation. We haven't finished Energy yet but the main concepts in the Water Module are really just: intermolecular forces, solubility, precipitation reactions and the molarity and heat formulas.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
I'm sure you'll be fine with bio. And I agree, chem does require the understanding of concepts rather than just memorisation. We haven't finished Energy yet but the main concepts in the Water Module are really just: intermolecular forces, solubility, precipitation reactions and the molarity and heat formulas.
Just need to rote like there's no tomorrow. :haha: Obviously need to do past papers as well.

I'm thinking of just revising the year 11 concepts that will be relevant to year 12 because I know I won't get everything revised in time. In the short run, I'll probably do average, but in the long run I'll be more comfortable with chem.

Axio

=o
HSC
Just need to rote like there's no tomorrow. :haha: Obviously need to do past papers as well.

I'm thinking of just revising the year 11 concepts that will be relevant to year 12 because I know I won't get everything revised in time. In the short run, I'll probably do average, but in the long run I'll be more comfortable with chem.
This is basically the key to succeeding in the HSC :tongue:.

Stygian

HSC
rawrliongirl i think the problem might be dealt with a bit if you don't keep checking your answers when you are doing hw

You need to back yourself, commit to an answer, move on, do as many as you can then check them all later. Be honest with yourself where you are going wrong when you do then work on your weaknesses. Otherwise if you keep checking the answer, you're reinforcing a lack of confidence in your ability, reinforcing your anxiety and stress and you are not allowing yourself to absorb concepts as efficiently

I also have a lot of exam stress and find that doing questions under exam conditions at home helps simulate that environment to an extent and helped me retain a bit more confidence going into actual exams

matchalolz

HSC
You could adapt - unless you somehow can't change your methods lol.
I'm no rote learner but I need to rote learn for next year lol, I need to actually write notes so that I don't cram within the last two days before an exam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)