Year 11 2014 Chat :) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
But it's worth it.
Exactly-if you put in enough effort into it. This reminded me of a quote by Nelson Mandela, "Education is the most powerful tool which you can use to transform the world"

By the way, how was the Christian convention today-did you enjoyed it?

Examine

same
HSC
WHY ARE TEXTBOOKS SO EXPENSIVE?? The struggle is so real, -.-

HSC 2015

Prelim: English Extension | Maths Extension | Chemistry | Biology | Society & Culture

Aiming for Medicine at UNSW
If you don't mind the textbooks being worn down or maybe having a bit of writing in them you can buy relatively cheap textbooks off people from this site. (usually more than 50% off store prices)

I also suggest researching the quality of the content of textbooks on this forum before you buy them as well. I'm not sure if I'm just a massive impulse buyer or what but I ended up spending $100+ on textbooks I hardly ever used. :haha:

Last edited:

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
If you don't mind the textbooks being worn down or maybe having a bit of writing in them you can buy relatively cheap textbooks off people from this site. (usually more than 50% off store prices)

I also suggest researching the quality of the content of textbooks on this forum before you buy them as well. I'm not sure if I'm just a massive impulse buyer or what but I ended up spending $100+ on textbooks I hardly ever used. :haha:
You are 100% right! I've actually been scouring the forums for good deals and have got some great prices :)

HSC 2015

Prelim: English Extension | Maths Extension | Chemistry | Biology | Society & Culture

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

Out of curiosity, what happened to those textbooks you 'hardly ever used'? Did you sell them? Did you gave them away?

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Hahah everybody in this thread is going hard out. (good to see)

What are you planning to wear with that?
A black asymmetrical dress that is sleeveless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

HSC '15- ATAR Goal: 90+

Examine

same
HSC
Out of curiosity, what happened to those textbooks you 'hardly ever used'? Did you sell them? Did you gave them away?
I think I'm kinda picky on what I buy nowadays so that's good (though I still end up spending a lot). I will most likely sell them since I don't think my sister has any intention on doing the subjects I did.

A black asymmetrical dress that is sleeveless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

HSC '15- ATAR Goal: 90+
Yup, wear the shoes.

Last edited:

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
I think I'm kinda picky on what I buy nowadays so that's good (though I still end up spending a lot). I will most likely sell them since I don't think my sister has any intention on doing the subjects I did.

Do you have any bio books? :)

HSC 2015

Examine

same
HSC
Do you have any bio books? :)

HSC 2015

Unfortunately I don't, sorry. :/ (Once I come back to Australia I'll ask some classmates if they have any they are willing to sell)

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Unfortunately I don't, sorry. :/ (Once I come back to Australia I'll ask some classmates if they have any they are willing to sell)
Aw you're so kind, thank you :))

HSC 2015

salshel

HSC
any1 on this thread doing engineering studies or IPT?
Yayforepiclyfailingaccelerated
<3

Tip: Don't screw up your first Year 12 assessment. And don't get cocky if you do well in Year 11. xD Possibly the most valuable ~headbutt~ lesson school gave me last year. Consistency is the key- and really know how to answer the questions properly, although I find reciting Samuel Davis works well for the lazy student.

salshel

HSC
yes we can be eco buddies if u want :) from what i've heard the syllabus doesn't overlap much for eco and business studies but i'm interested in both hence why i'm taking both.

reply to your question: my teacher told us what we were reading and our area of study and stuff and yes teachers pick different stuff. For my school, the extension classes do different things but advanced is the same for everyone. we got told what we were doing for advanced english. I don't have my timetable yet but yes excited for frees :D
Whoooot, then it's settled? :p

What exactly is our AoS? It changed, right? So, so excited for frees (although knowing myself, I'm probably going to just conk out in the library haha. I shall dream about doing work- it's the thought that counts) except with frees comes morning and arvo classes. :L Dayuuum, so not looking forward to waking up early. And arvo really screws up my schedule lol.

myinnermonkey

Time Lord Companion
HSC
People are reading prescribed texts and purchasing textbooks and here I am rewatching Game of Thrones. :rudolf:
Haha! If it makes you feel any better, I haven't done any of those things- the only things I have actually done is rewatch Doctor Who, watched the new season of Sherlock, and started reading the first book of Game of Thrones. :) By the way, did you see the trailer for season 4?! I'm so excited for April!

studded

HSC
Haha! If it makes you feel any better, I haven't done any of those things- the only things I have actually done is rewatch Doctor Who, watched the new season of Sherlock, and started reading the first book of Game of Thrones. :) By the way, did you see the trailer for season 4?! I'm so excited for April!
I've heard about how good Doctor Who is, I'll definitely check it out. I have to start reading ASOFAF as well!
YES, it looked so good. April will be a good month!

myinnermonkey

Time Lord Companion
HSC
I've heard about how good Doctor Who is, I'll definitely check it out. I have to start reading ASOFAF as well!
YES, it looked so good. April will be a good month!
Oh, you should definitely watch Doctor Who; it's amazing!! Hehe, so far the book's really good, so yes, you should start reading it! :) Season 4 is so close, I can almost taste it! HAHA.

Fawun

Queen
HSC
WHY ARE TEXTBOOKS SO EXPENSIVE?? The struggle is so real, -.-

HSC 2015

Just borrow shit from the library

abc1234567890

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone! Nice to see such a studious group hehe :)

Oh gosh in year 8 alone I spent almost $150 on textbooks I rarely even looked at. After that, I just stuck to second hand + library books.

Whoooot, then it's settled? :p

What exactly is our AoS? It changed, right? So, so excited for frees (although knowing myself, I'm probably going to just conk out in the library haha. I shall dream about doing work- it's the thought that counts) except with frees comes morning and arvo classes. :L Dayuuum, so not looking forward to waking up early. And arvo really screws up my schedule lol.
Our AOS for year 12 is Discovery but I'm not sure about year 11...

Also, does anyone know any good chemistry books? I was thinking of getting dot point prelim but someone from my school said it wasn't helpful so idk.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
I just feel immensely guilty if I don't do any work in the holidays :(

HSC 2015

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
I just feel immensely guilty if I don't do any work in the holidays :(

HSC 2015

This is the last holidays where you get to have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)