Year 11 2014 Chat :) (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
All of you guys seem to be doing really well atm. (seriously after a day of prelims I would just go into "cbf" mode and take a 2-3 hour nap)

Keep up the work and I'm sure you'll achieve your goals :)
Hopefully you'll be here to guide us haha

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
Awwww hi lol
Getting owned by hsc
2 assessments next Monday gg luv u skool <3

How are you guys finding year 11? You all seem terribly excited :p
Excited and scared. Half yearlies are early next term...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

HSC '15- ATAR Goal: 90+

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
guys, should i do 10 units or 11 units in hsc? im thinking of dropping sor1 and picking up catholic studies which doesnt go towards your atar?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
major works? what is that? when i say "heaps of homework", i mean a couple of title pages :p
Major works is basically for subjects such as visual arts, English Extension Two, Textiles, etc... where you have to complete a body of work over the duration of year 12, which accounts for either all of your marks (as is the case of English Extension Two) or half of your final HSC mark, as is the case with visual arts and a few other subjects.

guys, should i do 10 units or 11 units in hsc? im thinking of dropping sor1 and picking up catholic studies which doesnt go towards your atar?
You should wait until the end of year 11 and see. I don't advise you to pick a subject that doesn't count towards your ATAR-the time could be better spent boosting up your other 10 units if you decide to only have 10 units counting towards your HSC ATAR.

Last edited:

turnerloos

TAFE Executive Officer
HSC
Major works is basically for subjects such as visual arts, English Extension Two, Textiles, etc... where you have to complete a body of work over the duration of year 12, which accounts for either all of your marks (as is the case of English Extension Two) or half of your final HSC mark, as is the case with visual arts and a few other subjects.
lol i was just joking... but still, that was a brilliant definition of a major work (Y)

rumbleroar

Survivor of the HSC
HSC
I wouldn't think about units too early. I would see how things go during the year before making a decision to drop, because you will develop a better sense of what you like/dislike, so don't worry about that stuff already :)

Aw so proud of you bby, you'll make it through I believe in you!
Good luck with everything :)
Yes I'm loving it right now!
Lol cute

I should be doing maths but yolo
And year 11 is great, loved being a senior but without responsibility of hsc

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lol i was just joking... but still, that was a brilliant definition of a major work (Y)
It is a very informal definition-off the top of my head, I think if you want a better definition-you can always resort to the Board of Studies-or whatever new name it is now called.

dangerouss

cindy is such a bitch
HSC
You and strawberrye's presence will be greatly missed
I agree! We need guidance :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk:

Preliminary HSC '14- Subjects: 2U Maths, Adv. English, Business Studies, Legal Studies,
Economics, Agriculture.

HSC '15- ATAR Goal: 90+

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
A private tutor who works for a specific tutoring centre or just someone you found who works individually??
Individually, and honestly they're amazing! I've done centre tutoring as well and I much prefer one on one private tutoring, I learn so much more and understand things better as well

Examine

same
HSC
Individually, and honestly they're amazing! I've done centre tutoring as well and I much prefer one on one private tutoring, I learn so much more and understand things better as well
Yeah same. I did centre tutoring for year 11 and 1/2 of year 12 and I couldn't really follow too well because I found the pace went too fast. When I switched to prviate tutoring it was so much better since it catered for my pace and I started actually understanding/enjoying Maths.

I think centre tutoring is better for people who can learn at that fast pace and understand concepts quickly though (which is why you get so many students getting 95+ in mx2 who go to Harry's and other places).

Last edited:

Soulful

HSC Hipster
HSC
I literally just broke down after spending an hour doing a maths question before realising the question asked you to prove not solve -.-

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
Yeah same. I did centre tutoring for year 11 and 1/2 of year 12 and I couldn't really follow too well because I found the pace went too fast. When I switched to prviate tutoring it was so much better since it catered for my pace and I started actually understanding/enjoying Maths.

I think centre tutoring is better for people who can learn at that fast pace and understand concepts quickly though (which is why you get so many students getting 95+ in mx2 who go to Harry's and other places).
You speak the truth, exactly how I feel

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
I literally just broke down after spending an hour doing a maths question before realising the question asked you to prove not solve -.-
Awww haha ! I did the same thing when the question said to find the value instead of simplify

Examine

same
HSC
I was in a similar position for MX2 during the first term of the HSC (i'd spend so much time on 1 question we had for homework then ended up rage quitting every time).

Don't be afraid of asking how to do a question/asking someone to explain a concept for you in this thread, the community is filled with Maths gods who would gladly help. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)