Year 11 2014 Chat :) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
So much 2U and 3U homework to do and it's all due tomorrow...

Erinaceous

HSC
I think it was because I just rote learned formulas which bored the crap out of me anyway. Come to exam time, I would get trolled so hard by the questions since I didn't know how to derive the formulas.

However, once I started to understand the logic behind the formulas, I actually liked maths and now the subject has been so much easier for me.

Heck, maths is my favourite subject.
I agree with the rote learing formulas :D Although for me, ratehr than understanding the logic behind formulas, the moment i decided to do my maths homework, I started to improve haha.... //shot

VA FTW ;)

Erinaceous

HSC
I got triple maths tomorrow and then another double on wednesday... such is life.
My friend has four periods of music in a row on wednesday :c And a morning class every day of the week except one. And lunch classes. The poor thing :O

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH (caps) you are like my fam bam

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
Honestly once you get used to it/get exposed to more questions Circle Geo gets so much better.
True, like it took me a while to understand the theory behind it, but once I did, BAM! The first exercise of that chapter was straightforward.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
True, like it took me a while to understand the theory behind it, but once I did, BAM! The first exercise of that chapter was straightforward.
I think circle geometry was one of my favourite topics at high school-because compared to no other topics do you see so many pretty circle diagrams-however, you do need to remember a lot of proofs and apply them correctly:)

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
I'm just contemplating whether I'll manage to keep up with 3U maths. Should I keep it and persist?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm just contemplating whether I'll manage to keep up with 3U maths. Should I keep it and persist?
You are just less then one week into 3 unit maths, of course you should keep it and persist:)

Last edited:

GolfGirl97

back from the dead
HSC
What subjects does everyone get tutored for? Currently I'm only being tutored for Maths but I think that Physics and Chem are going to need to be remedied. I have a private tutor for Maths as it wasn't always my strong point and it stresses me out at the best of times.
My parents want me to get a Maths tutor, but I really don't want to, even though I am pretty bad at Maths. It has always been my worst subject. I honestly don't have any idea why I chose 3U, but my dad won't let me drop down to 2U :/
I don't think I need a tutor for my science subjects, even though my science teachers are pretty crap. I managed to top the class the past 4 years by self teaching...so I should be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)