slowdanceee

HSC
Maths Ext 1
Adv Eng
Eco
Business
Bio/Physics
VA

i'm still tossing up between bio/physics. i am reasonable at both but i've heard that physics scales well but apparently the HSC course is crazy.. and i've heard that business scales low(?) so if anyone has info about that it would be much appreciated ._. and VA!! because i'm scared it will be very time consuming and eat the time i could've used to study for other subjects.. :(

and yeah i know i'm not supposed to be choosing subjects by the scaling but i'm just like extra paranoid ><

jazzbaby

HSC
supercalamari said:
This is my first post :)

I'm thinking along the lines of:
- English Advanced
- English Extension 1
- Society and Culture
- Biology
- Visual Arts
- Legal Studies
- CAFS or SOR1/2
hey
Cafs really sucks as in REALLY sucks.. but that’s just me.. check out hsc papers to see if u want to really do it.

HSC
IM in year eleven.

Standard english
General Maths
Studies Of Religion II
Visual Arts
Business Studies
Ancient History
TVET- design Foundations studies Fashion Strand

14 UNITS :s

alot- and the subject are all pretty gayy, not exactly UAI boosting...

HSC
im going to do
English Literature
Maths 3a/3b
Chemistry
Biology
Physics
Geography

im guessing its a little different over east than here in WA

x3.eddayyeeee

HSC
Asian combo for me. :)

- Math Ex 1 + 2 [accelerated]
- English (adv.)
- Physics
- Chemistry
- Economics/ Biology ['filler' subjects to make up the units]

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC

- English (adv.)
- Physics
- Chemistry
For the complete asian combo, you'd pick economics over biology ;) But you want to do medicine, i suggest that you biology :)

swathard

HSC
amazing how things change.

i posted earlier last year on this thread, but since then, I've made changes to my subjects. not doing modern acc. anymore, not doing ext. 1 english anymore - instead, i've replaced it with economics. haha. just goes to show that what you initially believe will be the subjects you carry through year 11 and the HSC may not be the ones you do, as circumstances beyond your control may throw things out for you, as in my case. be prepared! good luck with those currently picking subjects. :)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
amazing how things change.

i posted earlier last year on this thread, but since then, I've made changes to my subjects. not doing modern acc. anymore, not doing ext. 1 english anymore - instead, i've replaced it with economics. haha. just goes to show that what you initially believe will be the subjects you carry through year 11 and the HSC may not be the ones you do, as circumstances beyond your control may throw things out for you, as in my case. be prepared! good luck with those currently picking subjects. :)
I went through a fair bit of muddled stuff like that before my subject selections as well... except once I had concreted my decisions in my mind I set on getting them. They came out perfectly on the lines (although I regret choosing Music I... although it's a great bludge and I enjoy music, it is wasting my time -_-).

So why did you not go through with the accelerated modern?

disFUNKshunal

HSC
All I can suggest to you guys is that more than one science is a lot (for the average student), between English and Math, I would suggest doing at least one advanced (that is, do not do general maths and standard english) this is if you are aiming for a high-er ATAR.

But most of all, do subjects that you love. Don't worry about doing extension subjects so you get scaled up because if you love a subject enough to do the work and get really high marks, that'll be better than choosing subjects and you're just doing for the scaling and not doing as well in them.

swathard

HSC
I went through a fair bit of muddled stuff like that before my subject selections as well... except once I had concreted my decisions in my mind I set on getting them. They came out perfectly on the lines (although I regret choosing Music I... although it's a great bludge and I enjoy music, it is wasting my time -_-).

So why did you not go through with the accelerated modern?
Basically, I realised that I would be at a severe disadvantage having not completed the Preliminary Course (since they were the grounds on which I would be completing the course accelerated - I'd be skipping the prelim, and just moving on straight to the HSC course.) I knew that those gaps in my knowledge wouldn't work to my advantage, and I decided I'd be better off choosing a 2 unit subject, doing it with my own cohort and actually having the potential to get a higher mark.

Overall, I have no doubt that had I continued with modern history I could have done exceptionally well given my hard-working nature, but I am also heavily involved in a vast array of extra curricular activities and I really really didn't want to have to give those up any of those with the extra pressure on my back - they keep me sane, haha!

oh and also, had I done modern, I would have had to have given up legal studies, and at that stage, I didn't think I wanted to do that.

soo yeah. :p hope that answers your question ! :)

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC

- English (adv.)
- Physics
- Chemistry
For the complete asian combo, you'd pick economics over biology ;) But you want to do medicine, i suggest that you biology :)
That's like my subjects, except I don't accelerate. I was considering choosing economics over biology.

HSC
hey
Cafs really sucks as in REALLY sucks.. but that’s just me.. check out hsc papers to see if u want to really do it.
why?
scaling wise? yeah it probably does but my teacher said as long as you're getting 85+ you shouldnt be affected.

HSC
I get to hand mine in two weeks after the holidays. Very late, but I guess it helps people like my best friend to think over their options.

I took a while trying to decide between Society & Culture and CAFS and other subjects, but here's the final list:
English Advanced
English Ext. 1
Ancient History
Biology
Visual Arts
Maths 2U (even though I suck at maths, it's still good to have later in life)
Society and Culture

So, all up, that's 13 units. I can't wait for year eleven. I'm really sick of year ten; it's so mediocre and I feel like I'm not learning anything.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I get to hand mine in two weeks after the holidays. Very late, but I guess it helps people like my best friend to think over their options.

I took a while trying to decide between Society & Culture and CAFS and other subjects, but here's the final list:
English Advanced
English Ext. 1
Ancient History
Biology
Visual Arts
Maths 2U (even though I suck at maths, it's still good to have later in life)
Society and Culture

So, all up, that's 13 units. I can't wait for year eleven. I'm really sick of year ten; it's so mediocre and I feel like I'm not learning anything.
god so lucky. we had to hand ours in mid term 2 (damnnit!). we hadnt even done our half-yearlys yet lol. so no time to ponder on subjects

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)