• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 12 2013 Chit Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aysce

HSC
I slept at 12 and woke up at 5 for my latest assessment, that was the least number of sleep I had this term
Not bad. I think I all nightered one of my assessments in term 4 - I got lucky when I got my mark back and NEVER (EVER!) all nightered again. I learnt my lesson haha.

deswa1

HSC
I slept at 12 and woke up at 5 for my latest assessment, that was the least number of sleep I had this term
That was my standard exam prep- cram until midnight, sleep until five, wake up at five and lightly go over the course and watch pump up videos :D

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: The p00n thread

18/20 for legal in class task (how quick did we get it)
2nd in the class (1st go 19/20) 2/19

ps thanks again for enoilgram and LHS for helping me cut it down
and thanks for examine for giving me tips :D

enoilgam

HSC

Congratulations man!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

Is this the one I had a look at?

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Glad it turned out ok :)
I would've gotten a 19 if I didn't describe so much when it came to cases. I did rectify this in my original essay since everyone that pretty much saw it told me to fix it up but when I wrote it in class, I accidently described too much in one case! Thus it moved me from a 'integrates cases and relevant legislation into the response...' (5/5) to a 'uses cases into response and relevant legislation...' (4/5) part of the criteria. Then I got 4/5 in another part of the criteria about selecting legal information (or something to the effect of that) which no one got 5 for.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC

As long as you're 100% sure of this decision, then that's fine :) Not the best analogy but I topped french in year 10 and ended up choosing that subject for year 11 purely because of that reason. I had little interest/motivation in it so needless to say, everything went downhill from there to say the least haha.

It's all up to you in the end, although technically you start 4U in year 12 so there still time to change your mind :p Your new school has a beast maths cohort in both 3U/4U anyway.
Their school topped ICAS maths for years 9, 10, and 12...

But not 11! awwwwww yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited:

deswa1

HSC

I still don't know what ICAS maths is...
Its like the AMC maths competition but run by UNSW- not sure which comp is bigger. Our school pretty much just does AMC- not sure what others do. AMC is more problem solving though

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
ICAS is much closer to HSC syllabus maths, whereas AMC is more problem solving.

enoilgam

HSC

What's it like? Thinking of mayb changing Eco for legal. Still undecided. Which ones better in your opinion? You should probably move this to another thread? Don't want a mod to hunt me down :p
Personally, I think economics is the better subject overall. Legal can be pretty boring and it is becoming a very robotic kind of subject. I found economics to be a lot more interesting. Although I will say, legal studies does have a lot of potential with a few syllabus changes.

Also, a law degree and legal studies are quite different. Legal is more about the policy behind the law and assessing the effectiveness of the legal system, whilst in a law degree, you focus more on black letter law (i.e. what the law is for certain things).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)