• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Year 12 2013 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
So if not doing 4U maths what are you doing then? Doing Olympiad questions for breakfast but claims has little critical thinking capabilities....yea right XD

nifkeh

HSC
Re: The p00n thread

Despite the fact that even 3U maths scales greater than 4U english, let alone 4U maths... I still think ANY EXTENSION course should be valued as being ''up there''.

My parents were like ''WTF?'' when I dropped 3U eng because I was doing really well in it..
Eng ext 1 still pulls your atar lol by like up to 1 % extra

nifkeh

HSC

Wow, I would actually just walk out mid sentence if that happened to me. I hate it when people judge how well you'll do based on your parent(s) occupation - know dat f33l all my lyf lol
people still do that o_O

nifkeh

HSC

Wait what, nah man you are awesome at maths you should be doing 4U. If you don't it would be a shame tbh (but of course do what you want)
you should give it a try, you can always drop back to 2U + ext 1 if you want

HSC

Haha, I get your point but I wouldn't waste my time on the subject if I know I had minimal interest in it.
As long as you're 100% sure of this decision, then that's fine :) Not the best analogy but I topped french in year 10 and ended up choosing that subject for year 11 purely because of that reason. I had little interest/motivation in it so needless to say, everything went downhill from there to say the least haha.

It's all up to you in the end, although technically you start 4U in year 12 so there still time to change your mind :p Your new school has a beast maths cohort in both 3U/4U anyway.

Last edited:

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
Hey guys just wondering p, I no in the HSC u don't sit the 2U exam if u do 4U. However, does this also apply to in school assessments as well or do I still have to do them even though they won't end up counting? Thanks XD

Aysce

HSC
Hey guys just wondering p, I no in the HSC u don't sit the 2U exam if u do 4U. However, does this also apply to in school assessments as well or do I still have to do them even though they won't end up counting? Thanks XD
It depends on your school. At my school, I was forced to do school assessments in case I wanted to drop 4u later in the year but not the HSC. At other schools, this may not be the case.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Everyone has some critical thinking ability, they just need to unlock it.

You don't need THAT much thinking ability in 4U imo, you just need to recognise connections/patterns.

Kurosaki

True Fail Kid
HSC
It depends on your school. At my school, I was forced to do school assessments in case I wanted to drop 4u later in the year but not the HSC. At other schools, this may not be the case.
Mm I just realized that I would be accelerating 2U next year assuming I remain in the top 80 which should be easy so it won't matter lol. Thanks for the help though Aysce :D

Aysce

HSC
Mm I just realized that I would be accelerating 2U next year assuming I remain in the top 80 which should be easy so it won't matter lol. Thanks for the help though Aysce :D
No worries bro. :)

Aysce

HSC
Wait you can drop a course halfway through yr 12 O__O?
Yeah, you can drop any subject (provided you at least have 10 units) anytime of the year, even before the HSC from what I've heard.

theind1996

HSC
N/A
You can even drop a course just before your HSC exam.
Yeah lol, someone from my school in 2011 (I think) dropped maths 16 hours before the 3U test.

They accelerated Chem so already had that band 6 and were doing 11 units in Yr 12 so could comfortably drop and still have 10 units including Chem.

Nek minnit, they got 99.6 lol. With Chem as only science and no Maths. Beast.

enak101

HSC
Today my english teacher gave a novel to read over the holidays, as well as the other 4 or so in adv english. Jane Eyre I think its called.

starshine02

HSC
Today my english teacher gave a novel to read over the holidays, as well as the other 4 or so in adv english. Jane Eyre I think its called.
That's actually not a bad book! (to me anyways lol)

I have 4 ext english books to read over the holidays and 1 for advanced.

Is that the one with the chick who gets married to her boss?

Yeah kinda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)