• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Year 8-11 Selective Result Discussion (6 Viewers)

NervousPanda

HSC
i emailed the school on monday and they said the had just posted it. so it will probs take one or 2 days to arrive
They’re actually posting it to everyone? I hope i get the letter before the holidays. Theres no interviews for Girra right? Wonder if our HAST results are attched

jane1820

HSC
gang my sister last yr applied girra for yr 11 n never got a reply from them like ever n my mum refused to email them and ask
what if she got in but we never received the news lol (im bored trynna make some scenarios)

i still wonder tho we never got the letter bc all the other skls knew our address n mailed/emailed us but them, do they not mail unsuccessful candidates?

KoKoNutz

HSC
they were released on monday
i called the school on monday, they said they were going to post the letters on tuesday, and should arrive to students by end of the week. They said successful and unsuccessful applicants will both receive a letter.

papayafruit

HSC
i called the school on monday, they said they were going to post the letters on tuesday, and should arrive to students by end of the week. They said successful and unsuccessful applicants will both receive a letter.
yo wait js a question, does girraween NOT do interviews, so will they just give people acceptance/rejectance letters?

watermelon00F

HSC
girra does acceptance and rejection letters. if you're accepted, they'll call you in for an 'interview' which is basically a document check (you're basically in) i believe someone said it was the same case for baulko. but yeah, acceptance and rejection letters and if you get an acceptance, like 99.9% you're in.

Electrode

HSC
Can you get into both Girraween & Penrith?
I got an interview with Penrith, does that mean I didn't get into Girraween, or can I get into both schools?

NervousPanda

HSC
Someone mentioned that there’s 30 or so spots for yr 10 2025… i read on Girra’s website that an extra class is made to reduce class size and recruit new ss. maybe there’s only around 20 or so spots instead of 30 for new kids! How many ppl sat the yr 10 2025 exam in August ?!

watermelon00F

HSC
all my friends who got into girra last yr got into penrith as well (if they put it down) bc penrith is lower than girra so if you're accepted girra you'd be accepted at penrith. though idk how this changes or works well

abineshk

HSC
Someone mentioned that there’s 30 or so spots for yr 10 2025… i read on Girra’s website that an extra class is made to reduce class size and recruit new ss. maybe there’s only around 20 or so spots instead of 30 for new kids! How many ppl sat the yr 10 2025 exam in August ?!
my friend at girra said there are 30 spots but there were 150-200 people at the test. Did anyone get results back yet for entry into yr 10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)