Your favoutire exam conditions (1 Viewer)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Its the Half-Yearlys, exams suck anyway, but there are environmental factors that may improve your performance or suit your preferences...

Heres my favourite exam conditions:

Low ambient noise -

I dont like the hall being dead silent, neither do I like recess or lunch where kids come out, shout and play.

Wide spacing from other students -

Dont like the English exams due to the fact everyone must sit for it and therefore the hall becomes full and there is a person at every seat. I liked my Physics exam where we were kept a distance away from the Senior Science students.

Clock at a suitable angle and position -

Its important to have a clock on the front of the exam hall/room, it is pointless to have it anywhere else.

Smooth tables -

I just hate it when I happen to sit at a wooden table with cracks, gaps and crevices and often I happen to punch a small hole into the paper while writing, very frustrating. The newer tables with a smooth flat tables are what I always try to occupy first. Dont forget to check your seat, one sucker managed to sit on a wet tissue before looking.

Flickering lights -

Whether its the lack of resources or maintenance, flickering lights are a silent or low-pitched annoyance and disruption and may have a negative effect on the eyes.

Last edited:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Good luck with your half yearlies, remember if you don't do as well as you hope there is always room for improvement next year when everything counts!

My favourite exam room is quite, little amount of people and no distractions or breaks in my train of thought pretty...simple actually, oh and agree the clock MUST be at the front where all can see.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
f3nr15 said:
Its the Half-Yearlys, exams suck anyway, but there are environmental factors that may improve your performance or suit your preferences...

Heres my favourite exam conditions:

Low ambient noise -

I dont like the hall being dead silent, neither do I like recess or lunch where kids come out, shout and play.

Wide spacing from other students -

Dont like the English exams due to the fact everyone must sit for it and therefore the hall becomes full and there is a person at every seat. I liked my Physics exam where we were kept a distance away from the Senior Science students.

Clock at a suitable angle and position -

Its important to have a clock on the front of the exam hall/room, it is pointless to have it anywhere else.

Smooth tables -

I just hate it when I happen to sit at a wooden table with cracks, gaps and crevices and often I happen to punch a small hole into the paper while writing, very frustrating. The newer tables with a smooth flat tables are what I always try to occupy first. Dont forget to check your seat, one sucker managed to sit on a wet tissue before looking.
In my modern history half-yearly, they were annoucing raffle ticket winners for some competition on the p.a system which surrounded the exam room = = ;;

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I guess you didn't win. My school is very particular about things like that and ensures if possible there is little to no outside noise.

Sofstar

HSC
Hahahaha. I hate it when everything is really cramped. They line you up in rows and then when you stretch your feet hits the persons chair in front of you and its just feels really claustrophobic.
One of my friends in our SC was the annoying person clicking her pen and making noises trying to piss everyone off.....freakking annoying.

I also got a way to piss people off. Take in a CD and leave it on the floor. My friend who was the one mentioned above was sitting near me and i had Bon Jovi's Have a nice day album on the floor and she hates the song. I got her back.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
hahaha, i just hate it when it's the last 5 minutes, and everyone tries to be cool by not doing any work, or making stupid noises, or talking to other people. because i never waste any time in exams

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
lol. my favourite exam conditions:

Silence is golden .. you guys may not prefer to have silence but i do. it makes me concentrate even more as i hear the scratching of pens on the paper as people furiously write to finish their essay... but too silent ain't that great. people can hear your every move in your chair as it echoes around the hall as u shift your bum to find a comfortable sitting position.

a comfortable table and chair .. in the school certificate; i had a bogey table. half way through my maths exam it just collapsed under the extreme pressure of me furiously working out the answer... it really pissed off other people as they lost their train of thought ...

no distractions .. in my half yearly exams: English AoS; my friend ran out of the test in tears for something.... and i couldn't concentrate but think what happened to her to make her burst spontaneously into tears.
also in prelim half yearly / yearlies, we had people constantly coughing in the exams. freaking annoying as i couldn't concentrate. (coughing was deliberate).

that's basically it. haha
oh yeah.. one more.

Room temperature : not too hot and not too cold. hate it when they turn the heaters on when it's already boiling inside. ~O~""
but sometimes when they leave the heaters on ... it makes me dizzy as the heat gets to my head and i can't really concentrate properly.

passion89

HSC
I hate it when people go into coughing or sniffing fits...I feel sorry for them but it's extremely hard when you're writing an essay!

kimmi06

HSC
AGREED! last year this girl behind me could not stop sniffing, it was ridiculous and lasted throughout the entire exam. I wanted to shove a pen up her nostril. damn sniffing bitch. and yes, being able to see a clock is definately necessary!

passion89

HSC
Must haves for exam: pencil case, watch, memory and TISSUES! Please for the love of god don't annoy people in you exam lol

lilman

HSC
ahhhh at the end of exams throughout high school, some of us has made this clicking noise by moving your finger into the webby bit in your hands. Which is pretty stupid

w00dy.

HSC
our year seems to have one of those reputations for 'entertaining' everyone within the last few minutes before exams are over. a little light hearted fun. i must admit it takes all seriousness away from the pressure and stress of exams.

ideal exam conditions.

not total silence. although the sound of pens against the page is kind of a relieving sound

people constanting toliet breaking. is a little distracting

although graffiti on the tables is a little amusing. for example
what do you call a cow with two legs? lean beef!
this is a blue table ---> some people like to point out the obvious.

Sofstar

HSC
Hahaha. Or when the exam starts and you can see everyone around you looking blankly at question 1.......or maybe its just my school.

HSC
sausageshinji said:
a comfortable table and chair .. in the school certificate; i had a bogey table. half way through my maths exam it just collapsed under the extreme pressure of me furiously working out the answer... it really pissed off other people as they lost their train of thought ...
LOL. classic. that wouldn't have pissed me off because that is totally amusing when that happens at our exams. :rofl:

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
yeah people in my year make these stupid noises "hoh" over and over until the whole year does it and it turns into a rampage, then that's when the teachers rage at us

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)