Your Ideal age to get married? (1 Viewer)

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Rings are stupid. It's just a damn piece of metal on your finger that costs shitloads of money.
And I'm with I study hard on this, you don't need a piece of paper to prove that you have a committed loving relationship with the other person. It's a bit trivial that the ony difference between a de facto relationship and a marriage is that one piece of paper lol, a bit pathetic.

And shadowdude as if you'd spend 10K on a ring. Isn't that a massive waste of money for an ENGAGEMENT ring?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Batshit insane.
No way am i paying more than 2.5k for an engagement ring.
It's a fucking RING.
A nice ring. Symbolic ring.

Rings are stupid. It's just a damn piece of metal on your finger that costs shitloads of money.
And I'm with I study hard on this, you don't need a piece of paper to prove that you have a committed loving relationship with the other person. It's a bit trivial that the ony difference between a de facto relationship and a marriage is that one piece of paper lol, a bit pathetic.

And shadowdude as if you'd spend 10K on a ring. Isn't that a massive waste of money for an ENGAGEMENT ring?
And I wouldn't spend 10k on a ring myself because... you know, imagine the opportunity cost.

Plus, whatever happens to engagement rings after you get married? Does the wedding ring replace the engagement ring? Or are they worn together?

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
You wear both an engagement and wedding ring.

(except not on the same hand. god forbid you soil your precious wedding finger. there's some BS about a vein ~running from the finger to the heart :inlove: :kiss: :spin: :shy:~ which I always get shit about for wearing my other ~non wedding~ rings on)

Last edited:

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
A nice ring. Symbolic ring.
It's materialistic to have an expensive ring. You can get 'nice' rings for less.

Besides, who says it must be a ring that symbolizes your 'undying love'? Who says you even need a 'symbolic' $2,000+ ring in the first place? The social/marriage covenant.

A wedding is no more a ceremony now than a big fuck-off party in white with a fifteen minute 'presentation' and a legal document that costs exuberant amounts of money. If I wanted to go to a big fuck-off party in white, I'd go to Sensation White on NYE and cut the boring bullshit.

The whole concept of 'Holy Matrimony' is also made redundant with the amount of atheists, agnostics etc. that have weddings and don't believe in its inherent original meaning. That's all a wedding was designed to be, not $XX,XXX-$X,XXX,XXX to show off with.

Do you at least see where we're coming from?

mirakon

nigga
HSC
I'd want to get married jus so I could force my mates into the uncomfortable position of punjabi dancing in suits in front of hundreds of people at my wedding

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
I'd want to get married jus so I could force my mates into the uncomfortable position of punjabi dancing in suits in front of hundreds of people at my wedding
mirakon: bit off topic - are you a follower of guru Nanak and guru Gobind Singh?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Hmm, I see where you're coming from ClockworkSoldier.

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
I know sooo many people that have lost their engagement ring when it was plus 10k

so silly

halapenyo

HSC
my grandmother says if im not married by 28 she will force me to get an arranged marriage :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)