Your subject regrets (1 Viewer)

turntaker

HSC
I hope I enjoy all Physics topics :) but I talked about how I was bad at understanding a lot of concepts, but I still get through my having exam techniques and rote learning to back me up. And she said I might find motors & generators difficult
I find understanding concepts less draining than rote learning.

I think its easier to spend time to understand it rather than roting.

tonysoprano

HSC
Going into Year 12, and not being able to turn back, I picked English Extension to fulfil 12 units but I could've experimented with another subject I might have liked.

Also, Physics, I'm average at it, motion is difficult for me so my teacher said I'm fucked for motors & generators LOL
Honestly, I found year 11 Physics to be much harder than year 12 has been. Whilst the concepts are obviously harder in year 12, it's more interesting, so you seem to understand it easier. But that's just me, and yes, Motors is a disgusting topic ahaha.

matchalolz

HSC
Not picking up 4U maths because my bitchy assed school didn't care that my time table clashed.
Regret sticking with business studies because I can't content dump

and maybe.... not sticking with english extension (instead of business) because I didn't know that I was going to work really hard in year 12 to lift my english. Didn't want to let down the whole grade with my shitty marks, but then again when i think of all the pain english put me through it's a lot better just doing 2 units

I don't usually dwell on past shitty decisions but trials is just making me feel super salty

Last edited:

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I find understanding concepts less draining than rote learning.

I think its easier to spend time to understand it rather than roting.
Definitely! I feel frustrated when I don't understand and of course when exams come around and I still don't understand, the last resort is to rote learn the explain or evaluate questions, even if I don't agree with it or it makes no connection in my mind.

Big big reason why I do reasonably well I Year 11 is because of my exam techniques. But I'm hoping to pursue better skills in understanding :) especially for my Year 11 yearlies, so I can find a way to learn through understanding rather than rote learn.

Honestly, I found year 11 Physics to be much harder than year 12 has been. Whilst the concepts are obviously harder in year 12, it's more interesting, so you seem to understand it easier. But that's just me, and yes, Motors is a disgusting topic ahaha.
Yeah! I'm excited for Space, started Cosmic Engine - AMG! :D
Yeah :( people told me that I would have trouble tackling motors and generators

Revitalize

HSC
Regret picking MX1 instead of CAFS, especially since MX1 isn't counting to my ATAR

And regret biology because wtf is up with all the content "plant examples" "animal examples" and all the bloody scientists rip

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Business (wll soz) and English (I even have an accent to accentuate my shitty English skills...) so much regrets... why didn't I pick music fml

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Everyone who regrets Business Studies and apologises to me better have one eye open when sleeping Ou O

I'm like Enigma V2.0, searching for BS bandits rather than MIF

Aliy Moon

HSC
Regret: Ancient History. Wayyyyy to much content to learn and revise before exams
Wish I could drop: Studies of Religion. But I go to a Catholic school and its compulsory to do a religion subject :(

sharoooooo

HSC
Regrets: Biology, 100% memorisation

Shouldve done: Visual Arts or Legal

teridax

HSC
N/A
I second this, I hated biology passionately mainly because of all the memorisation that was required.
But that's with any subject within the humanities or science lol

I'd assume history isn't any better in that respect

Hence why maths and english (to some extent) isn't as bad haha :)

Mathsisfun15

HSC
But that's with any subject within the humanities or science lol

I'd assume history isn't any better in that respect

Hence why maths and english (to some extent) isn't as bad haha :)
Everyone I know who does ancient history at my school hates it, even those who are topping it

Mr_Kap

HSC
ext 2 maths (which i've dropped),and ext 1 maths. Wasted so much of my time.

and biology, all memorising and I've left it too late to start memorisng.

I shouldn't have dropped music.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)