• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Yr 11 Physics - which topic r u up to? (1 Viewer)

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
HisNameIsChris said:
Hmm my class is also up to moving about, though we've been told that we're a bit behind as well.

Don't worry, as long as your notes are good and you're familiar with everything, you should finish on time and be ready for your prelims.
You should be doing your 4th module by now. If you've just started your 3rd module, you'll have to rush something.

jockrussell

HSC
it looks lke almost everyone is behind by atleast half a chapter
my schools done the following
1.moving about
2.electricity
3.world communicates
4.20-30% done of the cosmic engine

and our teacher said where behind by 1-2 weeks

Pink Oni

HSC
Hey, I started Cosmic at the same time as you! *Hi fives!*

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Dr. Zoidberg said:
Finished Preliminary Physics :D

2 weeks of revision now till Yearlies.
Oh snap. We're still 3/5ths of the way through Cosmic.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
We're finished now. :) Teacher ran through the last bit of Comic rather quickly, though.

ray268

HSC
Wooo.... finished everything yearlies etc
I met the autor of the Jacaranda Physics book and Brian Shadwick (author of DOTPOINT) apparently alot of schools dont do Cosmic engine because theres not enough time to complete the course....

i see most of us are done though

shaon0

HSC
ray268 said:
Wooo.... finished everything yearlies etc
I met the autor of the Jacaranda Physics book and Brian Shadwick (author of DOTPOINT) apparently alot of schools dont do Cosmic engine because theres not enough time to complete the course....

i see most of us are done though
Cosmic Engine was finished a few days ago but the teacher rushed it.

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
We're still doing The Cosmic Engine, and I personally think it's stupid doing it when our Preliminary Exams are over...

Does anyone else think that doing it is stupid? I mean, wouldn't it make sense to get on with HSC?

ratcher0071

HSC
jm01 said:
We're still doing The Cosmic Engine, and I personally think it's stupid doing it when our Preliminary Exams are over...

Does anyone else think that doing it is stupid? I mean, wouldn't it make sense to get on with HSC?
I totally agree. With exams finished ---> Preliminary course finishes. We should start the HSC course.

Stephie-Rae

HSC
Yeah we didn't have Cosmic Engine included in our Yearly either because we ran out of time to cover it beforehand. The same thing happened in my PDHPE class, we couldn't get the last topic finished. But it's still apart of the syllabus so they still technically have to cover it. In both cases though we didn't get too majorly into it, we just brushed over it and watched some DVDs or whatever. And my physics teacher said that the Cosmic Engine stuff runs into the first topic we're doing next term, so we were mainly just covering the important foundation parts required to set us up for next term.

ratcher0071

HSC
Stephie-Rae said:
Yeah we didn't have Cosmic Engine included in our Yearly either because we ran out of time to cover it beforehand. The same thing happened in my PDHPE class, we couldn't get the last topic finished. But it's still apart of the syllabus so they still technically have to cover it. In both cases though we didn't get too majorly into it, we just brushed over it and watched some DVDs or whatever. And my physics teacher said that the Cosmic Engine stuff runs into the first topic we're doing next term, so we were mainly just covering the important foundation parts required to set us up for next term.
True.
Cosmic Engine (Yr 11) ---> Space (Yr 12) and Astrophysics (Yr 12 option)

carlytse621

HSC
Our class gives up the topic of cosmic engine :cold:
Don't have enough time....
and we only in half way in moving about :angry:
and my teacher is travelling now....:angry:
so he just left heap of booklets and let us self study....
lucky i wrote notes already ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Year 11:
English advance :angry:
Mathematics
Maths Ex.1 :shy:
Physics
Chemistry
Business study
computer application

Aim: UAI 95+

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)