YR12 Physics + Chem Tuition - HSC 2018/19 -Parramatta - HSC Marker- 10 Years Teaching (1 Viewer)

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Sure. HSC Chemistry 2013 Q23(a) assessed outcomes from 2 x Year 12 topics alongside 2 x Year 11 topics.

Tbh, I think that learning by dot point works fine for most students. It helps the lesser-able students structure their ideas and the higher achieving students can usually link dot point together.

I actually would recommend learning by dot point, students like that structure. For some others though, using concept mapping is more appropriate as students are able to draw conceptual links. One of my previous state rankers loved concept maps. They were basically her study notes.

Nailgun

Cole World
HSC
Sure. HSC Chemistry 2013 Q23(a) assessed outcomes from 2 x Year 12 topics alongside 2 x Year 11 topics.

Tbh, I think that learning by dot point works fine for most students. It helps the lesser-able students structure their ideas and the higher achieving students can usually link dot point together.

I actually would recommend learning by dot point, students like that structure. For some others though, using concept mapping is more appropriate as students are able to draw conceptual links. One of my previous state rankers loved concept maps. They were basically her study notes.
Huh, I've never actually considered writing notes explicitly connecting things like that - I might try and rewrite my notes after trials

Green Yoda

Hi Φ
HSC
Hey fizzy

When it says "describe GPS" (5 marks) what should I write?

Please do not involve any scientific principles into this and the wave properties associated with as that is another thing
this is not an help thread dude..its a tutoring advert..pm him or something

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A

Hey Fizzy

When you mean concept maps, do you mean those things in the KISS booklets like this: https://www.scribd.com/document/138063704/KISS-Notes-Electrical-Energy-in-the-Home

I heard apparently KISS booklets for physics aren't great so idk whether or not the KISS booklets are worth trusting (for mind mapping)

Last edited:

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey Fizzy

When you mean concept maps, do you mean those things in the KISS booklets like this: https://www.scribd.com/document/138063704/KISS-Notes-Electrical-Energy-in-the-Home

I heard apparently KISS booklets for physics aren't great so idk whether or not the KISS booklets are worth trusting (for mind mapping)

That's more of a mindmap than a concept map, concept maps include key terms connecting key ideas --> really useful for 'explain' type questions and above (where you need to show relationships (and perhaps implications of relationships)

KISS booklets are bare bones -- as with any source of information, you should not rely solely on it. Some of their questions are alright, but the theory aspect is severely lacking.

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
I haven't even started advertising for preliminary chemistry + physics for 2017, but my preliminary physics class is nearly full (pending a couple of confirmations) and my preliminary chemistry class is half full.

The preliminary classes will be run from Parramatta on Thursday evenings.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
That's more of a mindmap than a concept map, concept maps include key terms connecting key ideas --> really useful for 'explain' type questions and above (where you need to show relationships (and perhaps implications of relationships)

KISS booklets are bare bones -- as with any source of information, you should not rely solely on it. Some of their questions are alright, but the theory aspect is severely lacking.
So you're referring to something like this:

If so do you need to expand on these concepts?

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
I have had some shifting of students between classes. So, some spots have arisen in classes which were full.

Classes and vacancies listed below:

Monday 6pm-8pm (Green Valley) - 1 VACANCY
Tuesday 6pm-8pm (Parramatta) - FILLED
Wednesday 5:30pm-7:30pm (Parramatta) - FILLED
Friday 5:15pm-7:15pm (Parramatta) - FILLED
Saturday 9am-11am (Parramatta) - 1 VACANCY
Saturday 12pm-2pm (Parramatta) - 3 VACANCIES
Saturday 3pm-5pm (Parramatta) - 3 VACANCIES

Last edited:

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Classes start this week -- Please contact me if you are interested. Only 4 positions remaining in my Parramatta classes and 1 position at Green Valley.

knimo

HSC
N/A
Lots of people are visual learners and benefit from that
Yes, but just look at the picture; you're not going to revise efficiently before an exam if you're frantically trying to follow where the arrows go.
And mind maps or concept maps are meant to be succinct or at the very least, shorter and neater than the blown-out mess up there.

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
I have 2 or 3 vacancies in my PRELIMINARY Physics class running Thursday 6:15pm-7:45pm

If anyone is interested, please contact me

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Also, for any Year 12s interested in tuition starting from Motors and Generators, we will be starting on this topic second lesson back.

I still have a couple of vacancies in my Saturday afternoon classes, so please contact me if interested :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)