yumm... studying snacks.... (1 Viewer)

Tully-

HSC
Ah Food.

Bad at maths? Eat lean beef, beans or fortified ceral. These foods are great sources of iron, and studies have shown that students with a healthy iron level do better in maths.

Bad Memory? Eat EGGS - eggs are rich in choline, a chemical your body uses to produce Neurotransmitter acetylcholin- essential to help your minds ability to remember.

Having trouble concentrating? Eat Almonds- the combination of protein, carbohydrates and 'good' fat in almonds help you concentrate as you study

Zoning out alot? eat Appless- the complex carbs in friut will help you stay alert by keeping your blood sugar level steady.

Having trouble being creative? Yoghurt, fresh berries and whole grain toast- A breakfast with protein(yoghurt) and complex carbs(fruit and grains) Helps you focus on creative tasks all day.

And finally.. STESSED?! Eat Yoghurt also. Studies have shown that the Amino acid tyrosine(in yoghurt) is depleted when under stress. Beat stress with yoghurt.

Oh and Chewing gun while studying has proven to help you remember.

;D

Horrah for food.

dpospination

HSC
if u wanna eat and drink stuff to boost memory and concentration, eat fish and tunas, drink fish oils (small amounts only) and drink ginseng tea

bored of sc

HSC
ahhliss said:
I've heard that chewing gum during exams is good, but are you allowed or do you have to sneak it in?
people with dietary requirements (diabetes) may be allowed but I doubt you would be allowed to otherwise

Aplus

HSC
N/A
ahhliss said:
I've heard that chewing gum during exams is good, but are you allowed or do you have to sneak it in?
You're definitely not allowed to bring it in, but good lucklsneaking it in.

bobos2

HSC
lollies ..apples..watermelon..chips...choc chip cookies...it varies =)

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I personally wouldn't recommend lollies or chips.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Aplus said:
You're definitely not allowed to bring it in, but good lucklsneaking it in.
Er...wth? Since when were you not allowed to bring gum into an exam? Most of us always do it, the examiners (or teachers) never seem to mind.

blackglitter

HSC
backrowcentre said:
Vegemite sandwich - they're surprisingly good for concentration, not that I'd snack on them often, only when concentration is needed.
This is actually really true surprisingly enough. It works for me. Chewing gum works when i'm studying maths (NO idea why, it just does) and chocolate before exams where i have to write essays :)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I eat anything while I am studying. I just don't have time to spare for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I eat while I am studying.

So, I basically eat pizza, fried rice, any snacks, chips, fruits, typical Thai food, Chinese food, meat, vegetables, bread, chocolate, water (drink this) and basically anything I can get my hands on. :)

4unitfreak

HSC
I just don't have time to spare for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Wow. I would die without breakfast.

I eat/drink Milo. And also nutella, and sometimes choc-chip cookies. Never lollies. Sometimes nuts. Cheese. Lots of cheese.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)