Victorian bushfires (1 Viewer)

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I'm not gonna donate any money. I donated my money to more worthwhile causes: Like when Israel was killing 130 civilians per day in Gaza.
:)
You are sick in the head. This is about the bush fires in Victoria that have killed our neighbours and fellow citizens. Keep your Israel/Gaza talk in an Israel/Gaza thread but even that you've destroyed with your virulent anti-Semitism and lack of substance in your arguments.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Is anyone annoyed at the piddling financial response by the government? $10m is not a lot in the grand scheme of things. Yes, there is a school of thought that insurance should cover it but obviously not everyone is in that position. As Turnbull said, whatever it takes.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
No well you see I regard human life as being equal, despite race.

130 dead Australians < 1300 dead Gazans

Does that not make sense?
Hence, I have donated all my money to Gaza, not this.

A

a_account1

Is anyone annoyed at the piddling financial response by the government? $10m is not a lot in the grand scheme of things. Yes, there is a school of thought that insurance should cover it but obviously not everyone is in that position. As Turnbull said, whatever it takes.
you make a good point, we give billions of dollars to indos up north, but for our own its 10 million. pfft

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Kindly keep on topic, Neb. This is not the appropriate place to air your political woes.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Lol EVERY DEAD GAZAN WAS AN INNOCENT BABY CHILD.

Fuck off every single last one of them was a terrorist and the world is better off for them being dead.

Keep this shit to an Israel thread you fucktard.
I'd "rep" you but I can't :( I have to share it...

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Lol EVERY DEAD GAZAN WAS AN INNOCENT BABY CHILD.

Fuck off every single last one of them was a terrorist and the world is better off for them being dead.

Keep this shit to an Israel thread you fucktard.
lol EVERY DEAD AUSSIE WAS A HARD WORKING DECENT PERSON.

Fuck off every single last one of them was a dero, bogan, bush dwelling, Nationals voting fucktard and the world is better off for them being dead. You live in the bush, then you expect fire. (Gazans can't leave Gaza, in prep for a response).

Ok I'm finished with that. Back to serious business: Bad news. I'm still bugged at the media coverage which has been more gimmicky than it usually is. Even the Herald today:

HELL ON EARTH: FIRE AND FLOOD

wtf?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
If you don't buy insurance and your house burns to the ground, stiff shit. Maybe next time you'll insure that shit.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
That's dumb. You're dumb. What are you defending, waf?

I agree with you on the media coverage.
MEL AND KOCHIE LIVE FROM VICTORIA. *five hours of news coverage where NOTHING NEW is revealed*

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
If you don't buy insurance and your house burns to the ground, stiff shit. Maybe next time you'll insure that shit.
Have the seen the region they live in? It didn't exactly look like they enjoyed the best socio-economic status. I assume their demographic consisted of retirees, tradies and farmers. None of which are exactly in a position to spend money on insurance if they cannot afford it.

I am against us becoming a welfare state in general but this is a once in a generation natural disaster and the government should show some compassion. Between the insurance companies and the government, all the houses should be rebuilt for no cost to the victims.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
i am getting teary at all the stories

call me a sucker, but you know ... i has feelings and stuff. im quite an empathetic person

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Have the seen the region they live in? It didn't exactly look like they enjoyed the best socio-economic status. I assume their demographic consisted of retirees, tradies and farmers. None of which are exactly in a position to spend money on insurance if they cannot afford it.

I am against us becoming a welfare state in general but this is a once in a generation natural disaster and the government should show some compassion. Between the insurance companies and the government, all the houses should be rebuilt for no cost to the victims.
If you're too poor to insure your house, then your house is too big. It might surprise you to learn this, but many people skimp on other day to day expenses for the peace of mind that insurance offers them. To use their taxes to bail out those who were too careless to have such foresight is a slap in the face.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
My house, car, contents are all insured with NRMA, so I get a 10% discount!

It means my car insurance is $800 and not $1200, and oddly enough, when I increased the value of my home and contents, my yearly insurance went down??? :confused:

IDK, house and contents is $700 a year or something, a wise investment.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A

Look, each one is being given $23,000 in short and medium term payments, and they can apply for more if they show cause.

Meanwhile they should've had insurance (especially considering it's a fire-prone area) and if their lives really go to hell they've got the dole, Medicare, and public housing just lying there waiting for a situation exactly like this.

And that's all ignoring the shitloads of private charities and donations that have been created to help them cope.

So don't try and play the 'compassion' card. No one can deny their lives have been fucked over, and a bigger fund may well be warranted. But if one doesn't come there's little room to complain.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
If you're too poor to insure your house, then your house is too big. It might surprise you to learn this, but many people skimp on other day to day expenses for the peace of mind that insurance offers them. To use their taxes to bail out those who were too careless to have such foresight is a slap in the face.
Wow this is an acceptable situation. A decision between insurance and skimping on day-to-day expenses. Wait, no it's not. When someone cannot comfortably pay for both insurance and day to day expensies then the taxpayer ought to step in. That's what's happening. Only hyper-right liberal fucktards like yourself are bothering to cry "WELFARE STATE" over $10 million to help out a few folks that have lost everything, who could not have possibly foresaw a firestorm of that size wiping out everything they owned.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Trefoil said:
(especially considering it's a fire-prone area)
lulwot? Pretty much everywhere in Australia is equally as fire prone as the next. Nothing special about those places down there mang.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Look, each one is being given $23,000 in short and medium term payments, and they can apply for more if they show cause.

Meanwhile they should've had insurance (especially considering it's a fire-prone area) and if their lives really go to hell they've got the dole, Medicare, and public housing just lying there waiting for a situation exactly like this.

And that's all ignoring the shitloads of private charities and donations that have been created to help them cope.

So don't try and play the 'compassion' card. No one can deny their lives have been fucked over, and a bigger fund may well be warranted. But if one doesn't come there's little room to complain.
I agree with you in principle. Maybe the wall-to-wall coverage affected my judgement.

It will be interesting to see who is apportioned blame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)