do we also get the $950 (1 Viewer)

hannahxxx

HSC
" We'll aim this package at low income earners, but those on incomes UNDER a certain amount will miss out". Ahhhh if I wasn't missing out on the money because of this I would adore the irony of it

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
" We'll aim this package at low income earners, but those on incomes UNDER a certain amount will miss out". Ahhhh if I wasn't missing out on the money because of this I would adore the irony of it
Smart idea.

Giving money to those who don't contribute in taxes. Sounds fair.

What are you smoking?

hannahxxx

HSC
Smart idea.

Giving money to those who don't contribute in taxes. Sounds fair.

What are you smoking?
Ah, mate, people who are contributing most to taxes are the people who are not going to be seeing a cent of the package. People who are not independent and who do not pay taxes get youth allowance. My cousin gets Austudy and he does not earn over $6000.
But all of that aside: I still have not received my tax return for money that has been taken out of my paychecks for the 2007-2008 period, despite having rung up about it zillions of times.
So to have made the incredibly stupid comment that you just did, what the fuck are YOU smoking?

Last edited:

blue_chameleon

HSC
Ah, mate, people who are contributing most to taxes are the people who are not going to be seeing a cent of the package. People who are not independent and who do not pay taxes get youth allowance. My friend gets Austudy and she does not earn over $6000. She does not pay taxes.
But all of that aside: I still have not received my tax return for money that has been taken out of my paychecks for the 2007-2008 period, despite having rung up about it zillions of times.
So to have made the incredibly stupid comment that you just did, what the fuck are YOU smoking?
Bahaha. I shouldn't respond, but I will.

Firstly, i'm not your mate.

Secondly, what was so incredibly stupid about my comment? Enlighten me.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Bahaha. I shouldn't respond, but I will.

Firstly, i'm not your mate.

Secondly, what was so incredibly stupid about my comment? Enlighten me.
People who don't pay taxes (i.e. Austudy, Abstudy and Youth Allowance customers, people who have children) will get money but students who work and earn under $11 000 (which I'm guessing is the near majority of students) won't.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
people who earn over about 12k, but under 18k get rly shafted, coz they're classified as independent but don't quite get youth allowance :D

blue_chameleon

HSC
People who don't pay taxes (i.e. Austudy, Abstudy and Youth Allowance customers, people who have children) will get money but students who work and earn under $11 000 (which I'm guessing is the near majority of students) won't.
Ok, so i've just realised she quoted somebody else in saying...

Hannahxxx said:
" We'll aim this package at low income earners, but those on incomes UNDER a certain amount will miss out"...
Fair enough, I see my mistake. I'm arguing the same point you are, Hannah. :eek:

But um, to clarify, you do actually pay tax from Youth Allowance benefits, as benefits are considered assessable income.

I still have not received my tax return for money that has been taken out of my paychecks for the 2007-2008 period, despite having rung up about it zillions of times.
So, you've lodged a tax return, and you've called them up in regards to it.

When did you lodge your tax return, and have you received a Notice of Assessment (has codes near the top of the page to enter into E-Tax)?

hannahxxx

HSC
I received my notice of assessment, but I had to lodge an amendment notice because one of my employers made a mistake on my group certificate ( I had paid more tax than they said). I lodged that amendment 4 months ago, have called them 5 times, the money was supposed to be paid 29 November 2008. The reason I mentioned that was because supposedly I am not someone with a "tax liability", and yet I might as well be seeing as I have not idea when (or if) I will see the money they owe me.
And just generally, as other people have noted, there will be HEAPS of people who fall through the cracks with this package. In my opinion, people who JUST miss out have every right to feel embittered.

chensta

HSC
N/A
blue chameleon is right, it may be free in the short term, but somebody is paying for it :) Maybe it was from the $10k worth of tax your daddy paid last year, that could of gone into your savings account lol!

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
My dad is dead, that's why I get 950 dollars...do you know what I'm spending it on? A computer for school work...I bet you daddy already bought you one. Fuck you.

My father was murdered and centrelink cant make u its mind about paying me the stimulis package.

Centrelink is probably paying you the 950 because your dad died of a OD and your mum is a single parent. Learn your facts before you rant.

BTW im a full time student, independent and recieving youth allowance. Any ideas if i recieve?

aussie-boy

HSC
My father was murdered and centrelink cant make u its mind about paying me the stimulis package.

Centrelink is probably paying you the 950 because your dad died of a OD and your mum is a single parent. Learn your facts before you rant.

BTW im a full time student, independent and recieving youth allowance. Any ideas if i recieve?

but you do get the money

Last edited by a moderator:

katey6575

HSC
I'm 17, student but i'm living away from home and classed as independent.. do i still get the $950?

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
You should
I think it also depends if you have a job etc
Students on Youth Allowance, ABSTUDY or its equivelelant, recieve the $950 package REGARDLESS of dependence/independence.

Yay for a Laptop!

redrhino54

HSC
N/A
hey,

I dont get ausstudy or youth allowance, but I am working. Last financial year, I paid some tax and also got all the tax that i paid since i didnt go over the threshold.

Do I still qualify even tho I dont get centrelink payments, still going to uni and still lives with parents?

thanks

really yes? even though no tax has been paid?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)