do we also get the $950 (1 Viewer)

H@wkeye!

HSC
Ok, here's what i've got

"The government will also provide a one-off $950 training and learning bonus for eligible students and people outside of the workforce returning to study to help with the costs of education and training." - the word 'eligible' being in contention. I think that means those on centrelink payments.

However - "It means 8.7 million workers earning $100,000 or less will receive a lump sum payment of up to $950 each from April."

So, from this i think it means; if your a student on centrelink you get the $950, OR if you're working, earning under $60k you get the whole $950. If you're supporting yourselves at uni without centrelink, and thus working... from what i take it, you should still get it, because technically you are still in the workforce.

Equally, i never saw anything about 'net tax' or the like, all that i've read, never said "those earning under xyz are not eligible."

First, however, it has to get through the upper house (passed the lower house)

EvilRobotMan

HSC
Half my friends who didn't get it were complaining about not getting it. One of them said she should because her mum was a 'single parent'...but her dad hasn't left or is deceased, he's overseas for work..wtf. Fuck some people are stupid sometimes. Another one said they are going to ask their parents for $950 to be 'fair'...I hate rich kids, always wanting more. They don't realise everything they've already been given.
Oh and for the comment about 'paying for cigarettes and gambling addiction', that seems fairly ill informed. Sure some individuals will waste their money, but don't assume everyone in this bracket is a total feral low life.
One can only assume that a good number of these families are receiving this payment because their parents single income does not total over 100k. Not because they didn't work for their living. Dah.
My dad is dead, that's why I get 950 dollars...do you know what I'm spending it on? A computer for school work...I bet you daddy already bought you one. Fuck you.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Yeah. Poker machine revenue in NSW alone jumped by 125k a day in December, right after the first stimulus package ... Those 5 irresponsible people must have been spending big, eh???

ITT: tall poppy syndrome.

H@wkeye!

HSC
Half my friends who didn't get it were complaining about not getting it. One of them said she should because her mum was a 'single parent'...but her dad hasn't left or is deceased, he's overseas for work..wtf. Fuck some people are stupid sometimes. Another one said they are going to ask their parents for $950 to be 'fair'...I hate rich kids, always wanting more. They don't realise everything they've already been given.
Oh and for the comment about 'paying for cigarettes and gambling addiction', that seems fairly ill informed. Sure some individuals will waste their money, but don't assume everyone in this bracket is a total feral low life.
One can only assume that a good number of these families are receiving this payment because their parents single income does not total over 100k. Not because they didn't work for their living. Dah.
My dad is dead, that's why I get 950 dollars...do you know what I'm spending it on? A computer for school work...I bet you daddy already bought you one. Fuck you.
Woo! Woo! Woo!

We weren't all personally attacking those who do get it! That $950 will pay my rent for a month, maybe allow me to afford some uni text books, calm down!

CIV1501

Banned
HSC

shut the fuck up, you dont even have a father

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
conics is poor

HAHAHAHAHAHA I love tags.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
It's called waiting until it is financially plausible to move there. For now monetary donations to Israeli organisations will have to do. I'm sorry if that disappoints you, but I really couldn't care less. :)
lol, sure you are

join the IDF you faggot

*Minka*

HSC

I know a girl whose Mum and Dad are giving her $950 if she doesn't doesn't get it and even if she does, they are going to buy her stuff from theirs (they told her to write a list of things she wants and she put things on it like a Guess handbag and a pink Burberry scarf. (Her wealthy parents just squeek in because they earn $58,000 each)

However, Not all people from wealthy backgrounds are horrible people. My family is rather well off (my father is a professional soccer player turned laywer) but if I get this money, I will use it to buy my textbooks for University.

Last edited:

roadcone

HSC
Unsure if anyone has posted this up yet, but this link should answer all questions in relation to eligibility to receive the payment:

Tax bonus payment

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Okay so looking at that, could I file a 07-08 return saying I earnt $100 (from mowing lawns whahtever) and stil lget it?

Don't think I will though.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Okay so looking at that, could I file a 07-08 return saying I earnt $100 (from mowing lawns whahtever) and stil lget it?

Don't think I will though.
No. You have to have paid tax.

If you earnt over $6000 for the 2007/08 tax year (thus paid tax), then you're eligible.

davidbarnes

Trainee Mȯderatȯr
HSC
Can I say I earnt 6001 the npay 30c tax or whatever and get my money lol?

Boxes

Banned
HSC
I know a girl whose Mum and Dad are giving her $950 if she doesn't doesn't get it and even if she does, they are going to buy her stuff from theirs (they told her to write a list of things she wants and she put things on it like a Tokidoki handbag and a pink Burberry scarf. (Her wealthy parents just squeek in because they earn $58,000 each)

However, Not all people from wealthy backgrounds are horrible people. My family is rather well off (my father is a professional soccer player turned laywer) but if I get this money, I will use it to buy my textbooks for University.
who's your dad?

jannny

HSC
hey,

I dont get ausstudy or youth allowance, but I am working. Last financial year, I paid some tax and also got all the tax that i paid since i didnt go over the threshold.

Do I still qualify even tho I dont get centrelink payments, still going to uni and still lives with parents?

thanks

Boxes

Banned
HSC
hey,

I dont get ausstudy or youth allowance, but I am working. Last financial year, I paid some tax and also got all the tax that i paid since i didnt go over the threshold.

Do I still qualify even tho I dont get centrelink payments, still going to uni and still lives with parents?

thanks
yes.

roadcone

HSC
No. You have to have paid tax.

If you earnt over $6000 for the 2007/08 tax year (thus paid tax), then you're eligible.

not true - the calculation also subtracts the low income offset. so it would appear that you need to earn about $11k before you become eligible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)