Rules for Staff (1 Viewer)

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Re: Fellow Employees

I think that shitty co-workers are worse then shitty customers. They tend to give their co-workers more of a hard time/stress. I seriously wonder how the bloody hell some people got their job, because some dont even deserve it and are not good at it at all.

Last edited:

yoddle

is cool
HSC

There is already a whole long thread on this topic.

But while I'm here...

Don't get your bitch on with me just because I don't want to work til midnight for the second night in a row to replace someone who got a better party offer. And getting the manager on the phone isn't going to scare me into saying yes, I'm casual you can't make me work.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad

I think that shitty co-workers are worse then shitty customers. They tend to give their co-workers more of a hard time/stress. I seriously wonder how the bloody hell some people got their job, because some dont even deserve it and are not good at it at all.
I kinda agree with that. At least the customer will leave, whereas with co-workers you have to spend three-four hours with them.

greekgun

HSC

I had to call up my customer service manager to cancel one of my shifts and this is how the discusion went:
Her: Hi coles northland, (lets call her nikki) speaking.
Me: Hey nikki how u going, this is Simon
Her: oh hi how u going?
me: yeah good, im calling to cancel one of my shifts
hangs up
I was like wtf and was thinking ok maybe she hanged up by accident, so i call again and as soon as i say its Simon again she hangs up.
So then i call again and dont say my name at all and ask for the store manager, get transferred to him and let told him that i need to cancel a shift, but the CSM keeps hanging up for reasons unknown and had to cancel through him because that gutless bitch didnt have the guts to say no to me.

And then when i clocked on the otherday, it was fairly quiet so i was filling up the lollies at the front, and one of the new girls who just started working asks me to tell the supervisor to get some change for her, and i tell her its ok ill do it for her. So i do it and bring it back and she goes "oh i didnt realise u guys were smart enough to do that type of stuff" and i just walk off thinking 'ok then'. And then she asks me to get the supervisor to get on the airphone to call grocery and i tell her that ill do it because im not busy at the moment and ask what she needs done and then she goes "this bag of potatoes arent scanning". Firstly this was a 10kg bag of potatoes which she made some old lady lift up which pissed me off, but i just asked her "have u searched it up under fresh produce" and she goes no, and i tell her "well maybe u should try that" and she replies "it wont be there wat will u know ur just some stupid grocery worker" so i go on the register and search for potatoes find it, tell her "oh wats that...its 10kg of potatoes isnt it - and by the way i work on register, and when i started off working at coles i wasnt as shit as u" and then the old lady starts laughing at her.
ahhh end of rant

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad

have merged 'Fellow Employees' thread with Rules for Staff

Kiim2507

HSC

And then she asks me to get the supervisor to get on the airphone to call grocery and i tell her that ill do it because im not busy at the moment and ask what she needs done and then she goes "this bag of potatoes arent scanning". Firstly this was a 10kg bag of potatoes which she made some old lady lift up which pissed me off, but i just asked her "have u searched it up under fresh produce" and she goes no, and i tell her "well maybe u should try that" and she replies "it wont be there wat will u know ur just some stupid grocery worker" so i go on the register and search for potatoes find it, tell her "oh wats that...its 10kg of potatoes isnt it - and by the way i work on register, and when i started off working at coles i wasnt as shit as u" and then the old lady starts laughing at her.
ahhh end of rant
Hahahhahahaha win

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Yesterday I had to cover for two people. Original shifts were as follows:

8-12: Robin
10-3: Jordan
3-6: Michael

Jordan had a big night (poor fucking baby) so didn't bother turning up, and Michael texted me the night before going HEY WANNA TAKE MY SHIFT! So I took his original shift, then at 8:23am I get a call from work asking if I can start at 12. So the shifts were now:

8-4: Robin
10-6: Megan
12-6: Me

Please. If you know you're going to have a big night, don't fucking tell the boss you can work then! Plus I'm sick of covering for Michael, I've done it too many times.

Kiim2507

HSC
Yeah this chick at my work quit without giving any notice so on thursday my manager asked me if I can work from 12 - 8 on friday (12-4 being her shift and 4 - 8 being my original shift) and I was like uh..not really cos I've made plans and she basically told me I have to work because no one else can work on fridays.

I was uber pissed because I had to cancel plans with a friend I haven't seen in ages and the only time we're both free is friday day >.< then she got pissed at me for cancelling last minute GAH

I only ended up working from 12-5.30 in the end but it didn't really make a difference cos I still didn't get to see my friend :(

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah, something similar happened to me too.

Ok, I know this seems weird but I'm shy when meeting new people at work, so I don't talk to them at first, I sorta casually start talking every now and then. So this old woman, Robin, complained to my manager because I didn't say "Hi" to her when I went behind the counter. SORRE that's just the way I am woman. She also told my manager I'm "Not very helpful" because I told her I should do the Lottery machine because she kept interrupting me serving my customers to ask for help during lunch break when we're chockers full of customers.

GAH woman I'm just trying to get the best outcome for the business by making customer service much faster!

HSC
ooh umm

-If you aren't serving customers, please don't stand in front of the cash register so that I have to bend at crazy angles to reach it
-I actually want to leave the store on time. Please don't spend ages standing around talking when we are meant to be closing
-Don't talk to me non stop. I'm happy to chat every now and again, but I want to get work done too and I feel rude when you're standing there talking to me when I'm trying to be productive.
-I cannot read your mind. If you want me to do something, please explain what thiis something is clearly rather than communicating with mangled sentences and vague gestures.

I came out to two of the staff members yesterday. Was very awkward :(

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
ooh umm

-If you aren't serving customers, please don't stand in front of the cash register so that I have to bend at crazy angles to reach it
-I actually want to leave the store on time. Please don't spend ages standing around talking when we are meant to be closing
-Don't talk to me non stop. I'm happy to chat every now and again, but I want to get work done too and I feel rude when you're standing there talking to me when I'm trying to be productive.
-I cannot read your mind. If you want me to do something, please explain what thiis something is clearly rather than communicating with mangled sentences and vague gestures.

I came out to two of the staff members yesterday. Was very awkward :(
I have to do that all the time. The idiots just stand in front of the register, blocking my reach to the plastic bags and paper bags and i have to be like... scuse me so i don't touch you... down there... lol

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Please for the love of God DO NOT COME TO WORK STONED ffs.

*aimed at Lucas, local Chatswood stoner

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Dear my lovely boss,

Please give me my roster on time and don't assume I know automatically when to work.

I normally work on Saturdays, but you didn't want me to work on Anzac day but didn't tell me. That's fine, I assumed that and had to contact you to confirm if I was working (it would have been nice if you'd given me the roster on time though so I didn't waste time trying to track you down to ask you).

Then the next day, I was rung by one of the shops I work at wondering where I was. "...Errr, at home" I said. I have not been rostered on Sundays for a month due to that shift being given to new staff members so they could be trained. Both you and I agreed on this. But magically, I was meant to be working on Sundays again. Again, this incident could have been avoided if you had of given me my roster on time, or at least rang me to tell me when I was working this week, or even told me that I was supposed to be working on Sunday when I rang to chase up about my Saturday shift.

In short? I'm not a mindreader, ughhhh.

Love, me.

greekgun

HSC
Dear my lovely boss,

Please give me my roster on time and don't assume I know automatically when to work.

I normally work on Saturdays, but you didn't want me to work on Anzac day but didn't tell me. That's fine, I assumed that and had to contact you to confirm if I was working (it would have been nice if you'd given me the roster on time though so I didn't waste time trying to track you down to ask you).

Then the next day, I was rung by one of the shops I work at wondering where I was. "...Errr, at home" I said. I have not been rostered on Sundays for a month due to that shift being given to new staff members so they could be trained. Both you and I agreed on this. But magically, I was meant to be working on Sundays again. Again, this incident could have been avoided if you had of given me my roster on time, or at least rang me to tell me when I was working this week, or even told me that I was supposed to be working on Sunday when I rang to chase up about my Saturday shift.

In short? I'm not a mindreader, ughhhh.

Love, me.
lol
well
we work in retail, which means
we have to be mind readers, we have to have the patients of a saint,we have to understand what customers want...even if they dont talk at all and grunt or dont even speak english, we are expected to have no social life to make room for shifts, were supposed to know ever single one of our shifts, how its organised and every1 elses shift etc etc list goes on

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
I know, and I'd usually be able to predict who has what shift, but my boss has been changing things around lately... oh well

bdude

HSC
we have to be mind readers
don't agree with you more. in my first month @ Coles I got in trouble for not following a policy I didn't even know existed.

HSC
Rule for staff:

Give the right change.

I go to dominos the other night, buy a couple of pizza's for $13.95 or something.

I give them 20 bucks cash and they give me three $5 notes and 1 dollar coin... WTF!!

All 15 year olds btw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)