• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how fast can you write?? (1 Viewer)

sinophile

HSC
N/A
My writing looks like I was having a seizure AND its slow.

Probably because im too used to pacer, and im forced to revert back to pen during exams. Thats no excuse though/

edit: conversative estimate, 18wpm

Last edited:

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
My writing looks like I was having a seizure AND its slow.

Probably because im too used to pacer, and im forced to revert back to pen during exams. Thats no excuse though/
Handwriting Get-Together

If we can agree on a weekend (maybe a Sat morning) at say McDonalds Macquarie Shopping Centre (where we'd be able to find a table or 2) would anyone be interested to take part in an informal 2 - 3 hour handwriting workshop. Aim: to learn how to write legibly and quickly. I'll show u how to do running writing the old but proven way and how to grip your pen 'correctly'. No charges. Yes it's free. This is for those who seriously wish to improve their handwriting and trust me to deliver. I'll do it only if 3 or more are interested.

Last edited:

dp624

HSC
Handwriting Get-Together

If we can agree on a weekend (maybe a Sat morning) at say McDonalds Macquarie Shopping Centre (where we'd be able to find a table or 2) would anyone be interested to take part in an informal 2 - 3 hour handwriting workshop. Aim: to learn how to write legibly and quickly. I'll show u how to do running writing the old but proven way and how to grip your pen 'correctly'. No charges. Yes it's free. This is for those who seriously wish to improve their handwriting and trust me to deliver. I'll do it only if 3 or more are interested.
LOL
this sounds like a stalkerish activity
not saying that you are...

q3thefish

HSC
Handwriting Get-Together

hmm mayb.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
It sounds a bit pedo but I'd vouch for him. He's pretty good imo.
Thanks duckcowhybrid.

Before I came back to this country I didn't even know what a paedophile was and didn't know such people exist. I just tutored a ext 1 student and just come back. I couldn't believe he could place his power so far above the letter base.

Lots of guys write like shit nowadays. I'm just trying to be helpful for the umpteenth time and even insist on several people turning up. Isn't there such thing as people acting out of simple altruism.

By the way . . . my offer is herewith withdrawn.

Last edited:

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
LOL
this sounds like a stalkerish activity
not saying that you are...
Unfortunately I never thought that it would be interpreted that way. I've only myself to blame I suppose: to quote a Chinese saying -- "to exchange a full belly for an empty one". I just can't bear to see all this tortured handwriting when it is so easy to write reasonably well. And u can best demonstrate and teach it in person. Well I'm being stupid to even care and have my integrity questioned.

dp624

HSC
Unfortunately I never thought that it would be interpreted that way. I've only myself to blame I suppose: to quote a Chinese saying -- "to exchange a full belly for an empty one". I just can't bear to see all this tortured handwriting when it is so easy to write reasonably well. And u can best demonstrate and teach it in person. Well I'm being stupid to even care and have my integrity questioned.
whoa overreaction much
=P

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Before I came back to this country I didn't even know what a paedophile was and didn't know such people exist. I just tutored a ext 1 student and just come back. I couldn't believe he could place his power so far above the letter base.

Lots of guys write like shit nowadays. I'm just trying to be helpful for the umpteenth time and even insist on several people turning up. Isn't there such thing as people acting out of simple altruism.

By the way . . . my offer is herewith withdrawn.
Aww, c'mon!! Don't be like that. I was excited when I read your post earlier on, and I wanted to go. Please reconsider doing the lecture!

I remember you were talking about techniques for writing fast and thinking about running a writing workshop, in a thread a few months ago. You've also answered a few of my math questions on this website, so you seem to be keen to help people. I suggest everyone should reconsider their comments about Drogonski .

Freddie09

HSC
do people time themselves handwriting? thats a little odd... all i know is the faster i write, the more illegible it gets... the only thing i found that helps you right faster neatly is using a re-fillable fountain pen; they're more comfortable to write with too :)

eldore44

Facebook is better.
HSC
Going flat out, I write an HSC booklet in 50 minutes. But thats only like 1200 words, legible but not pretty. And my hand hurts like hell afterwards.
I think I'll have to try the weight on the end of the pen idea.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
does anyone know how to prevent cramps? I've considered learning to write with both hands to increase over hours during exams
I believe it is partly a function of how you hold/grip yr pen and how u write; if u write "badly" or "wrongly" it increases risk of cramping imo.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)