• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

how fast can you write?? (1 Viewer)

bettina44

HSC
I'm about 30wpm too D:
Heard that putting a little weight (ie. eraser) on the end of your pen helps.
Oh, a friend of mine attached 6x AA batteries on his 'cause he thinks it'll make him write faster, but he ended up going to the hospital and couldnt write for 2~3 weeks. Hmm...
i think i mentioned the sticking batteries on to your pen somewhere in another thread and apparently you guys were dissing me about it, dunno
but six AA batteries is definitely way too much,two was enough for me. Its not technically meant to make you write faster but reduced cramps in exams and allow you to write more. i used to stick batteries on my pens till a friend got me this ultra heavy metal parker pen cause i looked like a idiot having batteries stuck on my pens.

i can write about 60 words a minute in cursive and about 30 in print.

swathard

HSC
the only way writing 56wpm could be possible is if you wrote the word 'a' or 'is' as many times as you can in 1 minute. If the words were any more sophisticated or longer in length, it would be humanly impossible.

I write about 35wpm I think. But I type 125wpm lol.. I wish I could type exams haha.

bored of sc

HSC
1000 in 40 minutes is my aim (so 25 words per minute). I achieved it in the half yearly (but that was a pre-prepared essay).

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
1000 in 40 minutes is my aim (so 25 words per minute). I achieved it in the half yearly (but that was a pre-prepared essay).
I've got the same aim, but very little hope of achieving it, even if it is a pre-prepared essay.

bored of sc

HSC
I've got the same aim, but very little hope of achieving it, even if it is a pre-prepared essay.
No way, keep writing and you'll make it. :) Never give up. Honestly, the only thing in the way is your lack of confidence in your own ability.

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
Honestly, the only thing in the way is your lack of confidence in your own ability.
Well I've definitely got that.
Plus, I find the prospect of endless practice English essays the epiphany of daunting. I'd rather do 5 maths exams than 1 English.

bettina44

HSC
That's fast. Can u show a specimen of yr cursive handwriting.

Averaging 2400 words in 40 minutes? Teach please.
yep, but that's when i don't stop and under pressure. i don't actually write 2000+ words though. my essays are usually only a 1000 words. quality not quantity.
there's no trick to it,i use a fountain pen as the ink flows easier and smoother and just practise writing my essays over and over

Last edited:

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
yep, but that's when i don't stop and under pressure. i don't actually write 2000+ words though. my essays are usually only a 1000 words. quality not quantity.
there's no trick to it,i use a fountain pen as the ink flows easier and smoother and just practise writing my essays over and over
thats like a huge difference! I write anywhere between 28-34wpm depending on how much I spend stalling thinking about a point haha.

but anything in excess of 40 is crazy!

gurmies

Drover
HSC
I could read both quite clearly! Obviously second sample is far clearer, they are both very legible.

bettina44

HSC
thats like a huge difference!
lol yeah i know

I could read both quite clearly! Obviously second sample is far clearer, they are both very legible.
well i sometimes get told by my friends that they can't my writing but the teachers haven't said anything yet...
i usually write in print purely cause its easier to read when i go back.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Your writing is 100x neater then mine :(. I could read both easily, second is easier to read but first looks better and cooler lol

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
lol yeah i know

well i sometimes get told by my friends that they can't my writing but the teachers haven't said anything yet...
i usually write in print purely cause its easier to read when i go back.
Thank u for putting up ur specimen handwriting. Even the faster one is not too bad. Of course once u reach a certain speed, readability suffers somewhat with each increase in speed. But yrs is tidy and even. Good for u.

q3thefish

HSC
It's.. so.. eye-candy.. *drools*.. er from eyes?

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Women write so beautifully. My exam condition handwriting is slanted, letters begin to join up and there are massive loops. If you look at my handwriting over the space of a 40 min essay you'll notice it changes as dramatically as the landscape of a female body.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)