2009 hsc (1 Viewer)

brad616

HSC
To all HSC Students,

As the 2009 HSC approaches us I just wanted to wish all of the candidates across NSW the best of luck. Remember that the HSC is not the be all and end all and is not an IQ test or a measure of one's intelligence. Rather it is a complete 100% measurement of a students determination and work ethic. This combined with a hard working student, dedicated teachers and an organised and focused student are the key ingredients that are used to produce a Band 6 student.

But even if for whatever things don't fall into place for you despite working incredibly hard remember that there are many ways to skin a cat and "all roads lead to rome." Even if you don't succeed in the HSC you will still have many other opportunities and chances to succeed in life- your whole life (including university). Even have to spend a year or two extra studying something at least you will get to where you want to go. It really wont make much difference in the end. Study hard to maximize:music: your chances but if you have studied as hard as you possibly can you should definitely be in with a chance of getting your number 1 dream course even if it is 99+. And remember even if you try your hardest and get a relatively disappointing (but still good) UAI of around 85.00 at least your work ethic and other things should stand you in good stead.

Be exceptionally proud that you have made it this far already, as you would have had to have studied at some point to get this far. With bonus points and the access scheme, your UAI can also really be boosted. Try to choose your UAC preferences based on what you feel is right rather than what your parents want or a careers councilor tells you.

Best of luck to all study as hard as you possibly can,

Bradley Sacks

hollaholla

HSC
Thank you very much
i wish you LOL . ( lots of luck).

HSC IS ALL .
FAIL AT HSC---FAIL AT LIFE.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
it's well known the hsc isnt an IQ test, but the calibre of students receiving marks of 99+ are obviously going to be somewhat more intelligent than those getting marks around 70, regardless of work ethic

but yeah, thanks for the pep talk :p
not necessarily.

to OP: good advice thanks,

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
would you disagree? do you really think that a group of people performing around the 70's range would overall have the same IQ as the cohort getting 99+?
I believe the HSC is the amount of effort someone puts in....up to about 99.5, then it becomes a little bit of luck, and a lot more brains.

shady145

Banned
HSC
i'm going to start studying now =) time to stop procrastinating, thankyou OP and Good luck in your HSC too!!!

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
would you disagree? do you really think that a group of people performing around the 70's range would overall have the same IQ as the cohort getting 99+?
Last year, I received that 90 mark, whilst a friend of mine received 72.

She scored two points higher than me on an IQ test.

Not everyone cares about the HSC.

Scinery

HSC
Last year, I received that 90 mark, whilst a friend of mine received 72.

She scored two points higher than me on an IQ test.

Not everyone cares about the HSC.
IQ doesnt necessarily get you good marks, doing homework gets you marks.
Similarly, IQ doesnt make you apt at working life, working hard at school shows your ability to focus and work hard on something. It's good practice for later in life, when we may have to experience working hard under pressure.

I used to think hsc was unfair test of your intelligence, and i still think it is.
but now i realize that if we all did our homework and revised consistently, the hsc wouldn't be that hard at all. Its a fair test to see how hard we are willing to try.

there are plenty of slow readers/learners who do really well in the hsc! and plenty of einsteins who get disappointed. its self determination and wantingness.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
IQ doesn't matter. I think I have an IQ of around 90 (borderline retarded) and yet I do 4unit maths.

btw good motivation.

Last edited:

bored.of.u

HSC
To all HSC Students,

As the 2009 HSC approaches us I just wanted to wish all of the candidates across NSW the best of luck. Remember that the HSC is not the be all and end all and is not an IQ test or a measure of one's intelligence. Rather it is a complete 100% measurement of a students determination and work ethic. This combined with a hard working student, dedicated teachers and an organised and focused student are the key ingredients that are used to produce a Band 6 student.

But even if for whatever things don't fall into place for you despite working incredibly hard remember that there are many ways to skin a cat and "all roads lead to rome." Even if you don't succeed in the HSC you will still have many other opportunities and chances to succeed in life- your whole life (including university). Even have to spend a year or two extra studying something at least you will get to where you want to go. It really wont make much difference in the end. Study hard to maximize:music: your chances but if you have studied as hard as you possibly can you should definitely be in with a chance of getting your number 1 dream course even if it is 99+. And remember even if you try your hardest and get a relatively disappointing (but still good) UAI of around 85.00 at least your work ethic and other things should stand you in good stead.

Be exceptionally proud that you have made it this far already, as you would have had to have studied at some point to get this far. With bonus points and the access scheme, your UAI can also really be boosted. Try to choose your UAC preferences based on what you feel is right rather than what your parents want or a careers councilor tells you.

Best of luck to all study as hard as you possibly can,

Bradley Sacks
UAI got scrapped mate. lol.

brad616

HSC
IQ doesnt necessarily get you good marks, doing homework gets you marks.
Similarly, IQ doesnt make you apt at working life, working hard at school shows your ability to focus and work hard on something. It's good practice for later in life, when we may have to experience working hard under pressure.

I used to think hsc was unfair test of your intelligence, and i still think it is.
but now i realize that if we all did our homework and revised consistently, the hsc wouldn't be that hard at all. Its a fair test to see how hard we are willing to try.

there are plenty of slow readers/learners who do really well in the hsc! and plenty of einsteins who get disappointed. its self determination and wantingness.
I dont think that I could agree more, its all about how badly you want it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)