The Woolworths Thread (11 Viewers)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
lol sounds like you really enjoy the customer interaction at your job.
i have a question, dunno if its been answered already but i can't find it,.

if you're on your 15 min break and a service 20 or express alert gets called do you have to go up and cut your break short to help out?

ive never been told about it, and if they're taking it seriuosly and writing things down like that, then i guess i should kinda find out.... :confused:
OH! So do we work at the same store...?
Awkward. (thoroughly checks previous posts for vicious bitching about co-workers?)

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Just wanted to ask something on the topic of disgusting green bags - you know the ones I mean! Do we as checkout operators have the right to refuse to pack a horrible green bag?? (smelly, dirty, full of rubbish etc...)

TheGeorgia

HSC
Just wanted to ask something on the topic of disgusting green bags - you know the ones I mean! Do we as checkout operators have the right to refuse to pack a horrible green bag?? (smelly, dirty, full of rubbish etc...)
i doubt it,
i mean, if the customer wants it in a bag, it's their choice, and if that choice is rather than filling landfill with plastic bags, then no, i don't think we should have a right to refuse them.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
i doubt it,
i mean, if the customer wants it in a bag, it's their choice, and if that choice is rather than filling landfill with plastic bags, then no, i don't think we should have a right to refuse them.
But what if it has mould or something in it, and they're trying to buy, for example, deli products? Or bakery products from the loose roll unit (which aren't sealed)..
Don't we have a duty of care to refuse them service in the green bag?

ekul444

HSC
N/A
i doubt it,
sorry, after rereading my post i realised i wasn't very clear with my thoughts.
i was talking about green bags you get that are really dirty and smelly and make you as an operator quite uncomfortable

HSC
Woolworths does have a guideline of some kind that says that green bags must be kept in a safe and hygienic condition - if you as an operator would prefer not to then I guess you can politiely sprout this to the customer.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Woolworths does have a guideline of some kind that says that green bags must be kept in a safe and hygienic condition - if you as an operator would prefer not to then I guess you can politiely sprout this to the customer.
Oh, really? Wouldn't this create arguments?

mlee72

HSC
Oh, really? Wouldn't this create arguments?
Most likely, it would also embaress them, i think in the spirit of good customer service just grin and bear it , and spray your hands with that sanitiser afterwards! - but i think they are disgusting

HSC
Plastic bag ban begins - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

The Australian Retailers Association says the ban on plastic bags will increase the risk of contamination and could pass infection onto employees.

The Association's executive director, Richard Evans, says reusable bags will be exposed to different foods and could lead to health issues.

"Meats and chicken et cetera and fish into one bag and that following week it could be in fact be used with vegetables or fresh fruit or whatever it might be," he said.

"We leave these things in cars, there's hygiene issues associated with that, so our concern is that there is an opportunity of health issues coming in because of the recalcitrance of the South Australian Government."

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Richard sounds like he would be an O.C.D. customer.

Living in the sticks we used to get ones that looked like they'd been picked up off the floor of the milking shed ... and don't get me started on the bags.

Surely you can't get it that bad in the city?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Most likely, it would also embaress them, i think in the spirit of good customer service just grin and bear it , and spray your hands with that sanitiser afterwards! - but i think they are disgusting
yeah, pretty much.

SS-champion

HSC
hello everyone! I have been reading this thread for a long time and have finally decided to join!

Re. plastic bags: our store was using way too many bags so they decided to not put any bags out on Self-Serve, only giving a bag to a customer if they asked for one...

It didn't work... after 4 days of annoyance (standing there handing out bags) and irritated customers we have put them back on! :)

aussie92

HSC
Just another stupid government law , the majority of people reuse plastic bags for rubbish anyway , and besides it takes longer to pack green bags especially the ones that cant fit on a checkout!. Does every store have a seperate General Merchindise ( Variety) Department with their own Manager , just interested

ekul444

HSC
N/A
Re: Refurbishment and few words..

and that if you aren't serving you should be standing at the end of your register 'inviting customers to be served'.
lol our store has actually implemented this, today was the first time ive worked in a couple of weeks and when i looked over to the registers and i saw everyone standing out the front of their register and i was like WTF, then i remembered this post... when i was on my lunch break i walked past the coles in our centre... and they were doing EXACTLY the same thing!! haha did coles pinch our idea or did we pinch theirs?!?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)