Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
The Death Eaters turning into ghosts was irksome. It destroys the humanity of the characters, as it goes from Bellatrix to a fucking cloud. Made the climax of the 5th movie and the intro to the 6th movie outright deplorable. It also creates a massive plot hole.

My biggest gripe so far with the films. Second would be how Harry learns the Patronus charm on 2nd try (3rd movie). That was fucking weird for me.

Otherwise, movie was fine. FUCKING AWESOME CINEMATOGRAPHY - HOLY SHIT. I wish all movies had the amount of vision that the harry potter movies have, except Transformers 2. The mis-en-scene, the A-star cast (Alan Rickman, Helena Bonham Carter), the respectable child stars (Daniel Radcliffe didn't annoy me this time around), the special effects, the cave scene with all the mini-Gollums wanting their Preciousss back, etc, etc, etc. Great movie.
I think re the death eaters turning into ghosts the idea is that they are in the teleport mode, apparate or whatever its called unless you're talking about something else. If not then it is an inconsitancy but it's an acceptable one. I wish they'd had the other minister scene, just thought it was a clever scene.

aLexTasyy

HSC
I thought that this movie was heaps better that OOTP (Order Of The Phoenix) I didn't really have high expectations for this one... seen as Davit Yates directed OOTP as well...and imo he did a shoddy job of that.
Stand out scenes imo: The cave scene, I was majorly freaking out when the Inferi came out of the water... The recollection of memories in the Pensieve also, brilliant work. (Teenage Voldemort is rather attractive imo)

What I didn't like:
Ginny and Harry's scene, there was supposed to be heaps more development there, the lack of scenes with them alone makes me wonder if DY (David Yates) is going to include the '19 years later' part at the end of part two of TDH... it would be a shame if he did, considering that it is the happy ending to an epic story that most people my age grew up reading....

The Scene where i thought i was gonna cry... it was rather short, half the shit Draco had to say wasn't said... that whole lead up in the book i was absolutely crying my eyes out, so i figured I would be doing so in the movie... but my eyes didnt even start to water...

The scene where Ron&Hermione & Harry and Ginny are sitting on the side of the Lake wasn't there.....*sigh* I know that the movies can't live up to the books but I do get rather annoyed when scenes that are vital to the next movies aren't there...that scene is crucial in the next movie:( it makes me wonder whether DY has even read the books...if not, he should give it a go...might help him decide what should be in the film...

*sigh* /rant

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
Was anyone else laughing at whorecrotches?

or was that just me.

aLexTasyy

HSC
you weren't the only one... *sigh* it could have been SO much better... i just realised that I was adding another 'o' in the word Horcruxe hence why i was dumbfounded when it was pronounced as hor-crux when i was reading it as Horo-cruxe the whole time

danal353

HSC
I thought that this movie was heaps better that OOTP (Order Of The Phoenix) I didn't really have high expectations for this one... seen as Davit Yates directed OOTP as well...and imo he did a shoddy job of that.
Stand out scenes imo: The cave scene, I was majorly freaking out when the Inferi came out of the water... The recollection of memories in the Pensieve also, brilliant work. (Teenage Voldemort is rather attractive imo)

What I didn't like:
Ginny and Harry's scene, there was supposed to be heaps more development there, the lack of scenes with them alone makes me wonder if DY (David Yates) is going to include the '19 years later' part at the end of part two of TDH... it would be a shame if he did, considering that it is the happy ending to an epic story that most people my age grew up reading....

The Scene where i thought i was gonna cry... it was rather short, half the shit Draco had to say wasn't said... that whole lead up in the book i was absolutely crying my eyes out, so i figured I would be doing so in the movie... but my eyes didnt even start to water...

The scene where Ron&Hermione & Harry and Ginny are sitting on the side of the Lake wasn't there.....*sigh* I know that the movies can't live up to the books but I do get rather annoyed when scenes that are vital to the next movies aren't there...that scene is crucial in the next movie:( it makes me wonder whether DY has even read the books...if not, he should give it a go...might help him decide what should be in the film...

*sigh* /rant
yes they did cut out a lot of draco's lines... but it was still sad, but i agree, i cried my eyes out in over the book and just squealed a lot in the movie

Divinity_

HSC

What I didn't like:

*sigh* /rant
i found that a turn-off. hes so yuck

Lentern

HSC
Can someone explain and its more of a general hp question to me what expelliarmus is supposed to do. On some occasions it appears to merely knock a wand out of someones hands, on others it appears to force the wand out of someones hands and into the hands of the spell caster. Yet sometimes it seems to also be a melee attack knocking over the wand holder in the process as though they are also hit by a car or something.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
Can someone explain and its more of a general hp question to me what expelliarmus is supposed to do. On some occasions it appears to merely knock a wand out of someones hands, on others it appears to force the wand out of someones hands and into the hands of the spell caster. Yet sometimes it seems to also be a melee attack knocking over the wand holder in the process as though they are also hit by a car or something.
Its general purpose is to disarm the opponent.

Lentern

HSC
Its general purpose is to disarm the opponent.
Yes I gather that is what it is intended for but if I might put it another way what should happen when the spell is casted correctly.

M.T.T.

HSC
I think re the death eaters turning into ghosts the idea is that they are in the teleport mode, apparate or whatever its called unless you're talking about something else. If not then it is an inconsitancy but it's an acceptable one. I wish they'd had the other minister scene, just thought it was a clever scene.

I still think it's a horrible spell to be used in the film. It reminds me too much of the TV series Lost.

Whenever the spell is used, it creates this effect where it displaces the identity of the Wizard using the spell. Hard to explain, but it's quite bizarre and awful.

danal353

HSC
man im still confused abt snape is he actually bad?
no he's a goodie - been in love with harry's mum for practically all his life and spent half his life doing dumbledore's bidding cause of her.

have you read the seventh book? the chapter i think is called "the prince's memories" or something... it's really sad

danal353

HSC
yea snape's actually good - JK rowling said she saw him as a hero, despite a flawed one

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)